AMDHome

Rank 0
AMDHome
PostedMar 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Race Change Token

Hello Again. I Have A Suggestion This Time. I Currently Have Many Friends That Are Long Term Players. They Started Before The Game Had Different Races And They Would Like To Change Their Race But They Don't Want To Start All Over. Is There Any Way That There Could Be A In Game Race Change Token Like The Heroic Trait Transformation Token?

And Since You Changed Race There Should Also Be An Option To Change Looks Since Every Race Looks Different.

Thank You For Your Consideration On This Topic
Advertisement

DrokMJ

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 12:20 pm
It would never happen man. The rankings would get so messed up if people were switching races and it would end up making a lot of people angry.

sachibaby

Rank 0
sachibaby
PostedApr 03, 2013 6:29 pm
then it should be an item where if you change your race you reset your rankings.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedApr 04, 2013 6:14 am
Resetting rankings would mean resetting ALL achievements. Old players dont want to start over on a new race cause of all the achievements they did on their main char, resetting all these achievements would defeat the purpose of a race change.

Yeah you wont ever see a race change item cause of the consequences it has to the game.

sachibaby

Rank 0
sachibaby
PostedApr 04, 2013 4:32 pm
that's why it's optional.

and maybe it could work out that not all achievements are erased. maybe just the rankings for pvp or some specific achievements will be reset.

i don't even care about the item as of now... i'm still new.

no need to shoot someone's idea.

so i'd summarize for TS

Suggestion: Change Race Token/Item/Scroll
Notes:
- work out a balanced item that will not affect rankings, especially pvp rankings and maybe racial crafting (if there is) achievement.
- but do not erase all achievements, but erase those achievements where race might have been a factor to success.

Note to posters: this is an optional item, it's going to be there for those who want them, if you don't want them then don't use them.

Millumi

Rank 3
Millumi
PostedApr 04, 2013 6:29 pm
Too much is attached to races to actually do it.
You have different stats, different passives, different systems of racial crafting, racial skills, cosmetic items, and more.

Such a change would either highly unbalance the game, or be useless due to being so devastating to what you've worked on with your character.
Even if the change is in the middle ground and fair somehow, think of how much money just goes into racial skills, those are expensive to get up. Choosing to get rid of them for a new race would be make you lose out on thousands of gold easily, and don't even suggest converting the levels for the skills, because that would just be plainly outright overpowered.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedApr 05, 2013 3:43 am
Ill explain what i mean with rankings:
There are 4 rankings in total for each race separate, 2 reset monthly and are not the problem the other two are: total town achievement and EE master. These two are based on gained achievement points from crafting, doing quests and hunting monsters and some of them you can only do once and stay the same unless someone gets more total points or lvls up more classes. All these things dont depend on races but do get effected by a race change item because:

Players that played long already did crafting, got legendary achievements and still be outside the rankings on human. With a race change item they might go anura and end up in the top 10 of the rankings suddenly gaining amazing rewards just cause they changed races.

Next to the rankings there needs to be a reset of racial crafting as well, and people might have spend gold into lvling racial skills these would reset with a change, wasting alot of gold.
Also people will change their race cause their main class has a better racial skill on x race and that would make pvp unbalanced. You would see alot of frog healers, halfkin mages and others.

Im not trying to shoot you down its just that there are A LOT of things involved with races in this game and it isnt just a cosmetic change like you might think.
I enjoyed the temp race change items in a different game i played, those were purely cosmetic though (and races were not as different in game play on that game).

Im all for some kind of cosmetic look like but are still old race, race change (like the hypno-gun's from asbee crystal boxes) a REAL race change is a terrible idea and would imbalance the server alot.

sillyjoey

Rank 0
sillyjoey
PostedApr 08, 2013 2:29 am
The keyword here being "Optional" Even if it does reset everything. +1 for this idea.

ItzzThemizz

Rank 0
PostedMay 14, 2013 1:45 pm
Changing your race is a good idea... But it has some problems... What about changing your gender ! And for the other races who don't have a gender... Well idk maybe another item that are specific for the NON-Gender races...