Aeria.Mazinger

Aeria: Product Manager
Aeria.Mazinger
PostedJan 04, 2013 5:21 pm

[Important] Exploits/Rules

~ Read Me ~
Hi All,

This is Mazinger with Aeriagames.
As some of you have already noticed, a portion of our players have been utilizing exploits and hacks to gain unfair advantages over other players and created an imbalanced playing field.

As the product manager for Wartune, I want to inform you that such action is against our term of service and it's destroying Wartune for everyone. If you are found to be using item hacks you will be punish them without question.

I understand that some of our players might get curious and want to try out different methods to gain extra resource or items. For those that have tried the different methods to exploit or hack our games, and are willing to come clean to us now, please submit a ticket to us so you won't be banned.

Lastly, please report any suspicious activity in game.

If you see someone with suspicious items please follow the instruction below:
Go to this link: http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/support
Select "Report Behavior"
Fill out the rest of the form and include screenshots to support your claim
Advertisement

Kjo7997

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Spawn Camping Rule

Spawn Camping Rules not just for Guild Battles
Spawn Camping rules were recently pointed out, to me in a number of tickets, to apply to guild battles only. Due to the fact that battlegrounds operate in the same way in which Guild Battles due with a player spawning area there should be identical rules for the battle ground.

Several battle grounds have occurred in which many players, including myself, were unable to play as other players were camping outside the spawning ground in the battle ground. This is unfair to those players wishing to play the game and unethical of the players who are spawn camping and eliminating all the lower level players as they attempt to leave the spawning ground.

How do we implement an identical spawn camping rule for battle grounds to make the play more fair to all players. Having a rule like that in the guild battle area will make the game more enjoyable for all the players, more fair and will encourage further game play.

zthen

Rank 1
zthen
PostedApr 05, 2013 3:17 am

Re: Spawn Camping Rule

Kjo7997 wrote:
Spawn Camping rules were recently pointed out, to me in a number of tickets, to apply to guild battles only. Due to the fact that battlegrounds operate in the same way in which Guild Battles due with a player spawning area there should be identical rules for the battle ground.

Several battle grounds have occurred in which many players, including myself, were unable to play as other players were camping outside the spawning ground in the battle ground. This is unfair to those players wishing to play the game and unethical of the players who are spawn camping and eliminating all the lower level players as they attempt to leave the spawning ground.

How do we implement an identical spawn camping rule for battle grounds to make the play more fair to all players. Having a rule like that in the guild battle area will make the game more enjoyable for all the players, more fair and will encourage further game play.  

players can't walk in to the spawn zone during BGs like they can during GW. I believe this has been pointed out in the spawn camping thread though.

<a>Image and video hosting by TinyPic</a>

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedApr 05, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Spawn Camping Rule

zthen wrote:
Kjo7997 wrote:

players can't walk in to the spawn zone during BGs like they can during GW. I believe this has been pointed out in the spawn camping thread though.  

indeed it has many times.

The difference is, in GW if your opponent enters your spawn area you can get attacked while still loading or in cool down from being killed. You have no where to hide, no choice in the matter, and if you leave the GW there is no alternative to enter.

In BG, your opponent waits outside the spawn area for you. You have a choice of whether to go out and face them. You can use tactical play with your team to distract them so that others can exit and get their kills/carts. In fact, you opponent is putting themselves at high risk from dryads and honor farmers using this tactic of waiting outside the spawn area, from people suiciding on them constantly in order to kill them eventually. Worse case scenario? you can leave the bg and enter a new one after a 5minute awol cool down.

There is the additional complication of BG being a cross-server feature and Aeria cannot enforce it's own rules on non-Aeria players.

There is no need for rules to be added in BG and this wont be changed any time soon.

_Mighty_

Rank 2
PostedApr 06, 2013 10:26 pm
If you want to see an exploit in action.... all the GM's need to do is get on the server during a maintenance and watch who attacks WB while everyone is still locked out....

Remember it's a game. Always have fun in good times and bad.

zthen

Rank 1
zthen
PostedApr 07, 2013 3:00 am
_Mighty_ wrote:
If you want to see an exploit in action.... all the GM's need to do is get on the server during a maintenance and watch who attacks WB while everyone is still locked out....  

please elaborate on how this is an exploit? If a player is able to log in the game and attack the WB then it seems pretty legit to me. Just because you read forums and play in the little aeria chat room doesn't mean every one else does. A lot of players probably log into wartune without out bothering to read forums or the chat box. This is more of an issue that aeria needs to handle on their end i.e. forced log out, redirecting players trying to log in, a constant message that scrolls across the screen saying they are under maintenance etc...

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedApr 07, 2013 11:19 am
zthen wrote:
_Mighty_ wrote:

please elaborate on how this is an exploit? If a player is able to log in the game and attack the WB then it seems pretty legit to me. Just because you read forums and play in the little aeria chat room doesn't mean every one else does. A lot of players probably log into wartune without out bothering to read forums or the chat box. This is more of an issue that aeria needs to handle on their end i.e. forced log out, redirecting players trying to log in, a constant message that scrolls across the screen saying they are under maintenance etc...  

If players are presented with a "The game is down for maintenance screen" and they bypass it (will not be discussing the means) do you think that's fair to the players who respect that the game should not be accessed for maintenance?

_Mighty_

Rank 2
PostedApr 07, 2013 5:47 pm
GMtk421 wrote:
zthen wrote:
_Mighty_ wrote:

If players are presented with a "The game is down for maintenance screen" and they bypass it (will not be discussing the means) do you think that's fair to the players who respect that the game should not be accessed for maintenance?  

I don't and they should be held accountable for it. TY for acknowledging that you at least know what I am referring too TK.

Remember it's a game. Always have fun in good times and bad.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedApr 08, 2013 12:40 am
_Mighty_ wrote:
GMtk421 wrote:
zthen wrote:
_Mighty_ wrote:

I don't and they should be held accountable for it. TY for acknowledging that you at least know what I am referring too TK.  

No offense to the GM team, I love you guys; but this is actually an issue that was created by the GMs themselves by their response to this issue quite early on. The GMs have been aware of this issue from the start but whenever the issue was raised in shout box and they were asked to take action the only response provided is that people who chose to enter the game during maintenance do so at their own risk, ie that Aeria will not take responsibility for any issues that occur with an account due to being on during maintenance. Now this is a far cry from saying that the actions taken by players are wrong and there will be consequences for those who enter the game during maintenance.

I have a feeling though that this may become a bigger issue for a different reason. Now with afk WB, cashers can set up their game to do WB while the servers are down and still get 3-4-5million gold/daru without entering the game. Which will mean that non-cashers will be severely aggrieved since cashers have access to a WB they dont. Since this WB has the potential of returning 4 times the rewards of a normal WB, it is a real issue.

zthen

Rank 1
zthen
PostedApr 08, 2013 4:24 am
the issue is the down for maintenance screen isn't always there. Reason I know this is because i came home one day from work and logged right into the game. I had a lot of lag so I decided to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing in the aeria shout box. Had it not been for me looking there I would have never known there was maintenance going on. I logged out once I found out.

which brings me to my next issue. kinda off topic but still important. Gamers need to grow up and learn to relax. Going for the jugular when something like this happens doesn't mean they should start flaming immediately :p I was pretty tempted to just stay logged in because of a handful of inconsiderate kids Wink