beezubeezu

Rank 0
beezubeezu
PostedMar 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Various Questions

Going to try to keep this simple. Hopefully I can remember my other questions too.

1. Do power scrolls and guard scrolls (ie: from quest rewards, the loot box) sell? I've been trying to watch the auction house, but I can't tell if players are actually buying them, or if the listings expire.

2. About gemcrafting. I currently have the STR gem unlocked. But then I look at the window... In order to produce a STR gem, I need another STR gem? How on Earth does that work out?!
If I have to find and buy a STR gem to use to produce a STR gem... That doesn't make much sense, it's a loss of money and makes it look like gemcrafting isn't worth it.
Advertisement

MariaTraydor

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
MariaTraydor
PostedMar 31, 2013 3:03 pm
Let's see...

1) I don't think they sell often as usually it is rather easy to get enough scrolls. And even if they do it's not for a lot of money so honestly, I would just ignore that option.

2) The Racial Crafting of the human race is to improve the existing gems. So you use a gem that everyone can craft, no matter what race, but your special ability makes it possible to enhance the gem even further. While the single bonus isn't terribly big, one has to keep in mind that you are able to use a good chunk of gems so it stacks well. There are some gems that sell way better than others though. (best example are Luc/Crit-Rate and Luc/M-Crit-Rate).

You can get the basic gems by producing them. The blueprints for that are sold by Inlaying Merchants in guild towns. The level of the gem merchant must be 35 or higher for them to be on sale though.

I hope that helps you.^^

Black.Lilium

Rank 0
Black.Lilium
PostedMar 31, 2013 5:17 pm
2. Think of it as a gem branch. Each core stat gems (STR, AGI, INT, WIS, LCK) has 1 stat and it's own little branch of special gems that have 2 stats. But to obtain those special ones, you need the original one. Gemcrafting can earn you a lot of money, especially if you have the right gems unlocked. here's the list if you want it

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedMar 31, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Various Questions

beezubeezu wrote:
Going to try to keep this simple. Hopefully I can remember my other questions too.

1. Do power scrolls and guard scrolls (ie: from quest rewards, the loot box) sell? I've been trying to watch the auction house, but I can't tell if players are actually buying them, or if the listings expire.

2. About gemcrafting. I currently have the STR gem unlocked. But then I look at the window... In order to produce a STR gem, I need another STR gem? How on Earth does that work out?!
If I have to find and buy a STR gem to use to produce a STR gem... That doesn't make much sense, it's a loss of money and makes it look like gemcrafting isn't worth it.  

I can't help you with the first question, but I think I get what you're saying about gemcrafting.

In order to make a level 4 gem, you need the level 3 version of the same type. To make the level 3, you need the level 2, and to make the level 2, you need the level 1.

The level 1 gem just takes white and green mining materials plus a little extra depending on what kind of gem you're making. Levels 1 and 2 of a gem will always be 100% craft chance, but at levels 3 and 4, it's 84% success with a Master Alchemist.

When you have a stat gem, it will only provide a bonus to core stats: Str, Agi, Int, Wis, and Lck. When you modify it with a racial skill, you add another bonus onto that gem such as Crit Rate, M-Crit Rate, M-Crit Dmg, G-heal, Accuracy, Block, or more of the same core stat.

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedApr 03, 2013 5:09 am
Going to add on to what katashi is saying about gemcrafting by giving an example.

Let's say you want to make Agi fast cast gem lvl 1 with racial crafting:

Step 1: Get an agi lvl 1 gem. This can be done by crafting it yourself or by buying it from someone. To craft it: find an inlay merchant and purchase a bp for agi lvl 1 gem. Get the mats. Gem crafting takes fame mats called *something* potion (ex: cooling potion) from the aven faction "sage stone." So, to make a lvl 1 base gem you will need at least 1k sage fame. Then, find an alchemy lab and craft the gem. As kata said, you have a 100% chance to make lvl 2 gems.

Step 2: Get the racial crafting mats. Farm them or buy them etc.

Step 3: Make the racial gem. You now have an agi fast cast gem lvl 1 that you can use or sell.

Now lets say you want to make an agi fast cast gem lvl 2 (assuming you've upgraded your racial crafting to lvl 2 for agi gems).

Step 1: Follow the above steps for making an agi lvl 1 gem.

Step 2: Use that gem to make an agi lvl 2 gem. In base gemcrafting, the level of the gem you want to make will always have the gem of the previous level as one of the mats. Ex a lvl 2 gem will require a lvl 1 gem + extra mats. It also requires fame mats (but this time you need 2k sage stone fame).

Step 3: Get the racial mats.

Step 4: Make the gem. But wait? Can I use the agi cast gem lvl 1 to make the lvl 2? Unfortunately no. Once you've turned a gem into getting the racial bonus, you are unable to modify it in any way. Only base gems can be turned for racial crafting.

You would essentially repeat this process for whatever level gem you want to make. That means that yes, to make a lvl 5 racial crafted gem, you would have to get the lvl 5 base gem, which means that if you wanted to craft it all yourself, you'd have to craft the lvl 1, 2, 3, and 4 versions in order to make lvl 5. Lvl 1 and 2 have a 100% success rate, but from there the success rate is always 84% with a master alchemist. This does mean that there is a certain amount of risk the higher you go, especially if you craft in bulk.

One final note: it's not usually worth it to craft the base gem yourself unless you are making luck gems, as all the other gems can be obtained from quests, and thus tend to be sold for cheaper than the cost to make it yourself.

Hope this helps o.o let me know if I was unclear or anything.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedApr 03, 2013 6:46 am

Re: Various Questions

beezubeezu wrote:

question 2 should be clear now i guess as for your first question:

Scrolls do sell but not at really high prices, loot box scrolls didnt really sell when the loot box was still at the website but dont know how the price of those are now. I always stack my scrolls up and when i get a full stack i sell half of them in auction and they almost always sell. but yeah its not a good way to make gold.

beezubeezu

Rank 0
beezubeezu
PostedApr 04, 2013 4:32 pm
Thanks everyone.