looped99

Rank 1
looped99
PostedMar 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Targeting in pvp

f key on another player?
while in pvp i saw mention of "f key on my character so we are attacking same target".

How is this done. i assume it is a command where you can automatically target whatever they are targeting and follow with changes as they target something new.

Could someone explain this to me please?

Thanks

Advertisement

looped99

Rank 1
looped99
PostedApr 01, 2013 2:11 pm
For the multitudes of replies i would like to say thank
U.

_WHITE_KNIGHT

Rank 1
PostedApr 01, 2013 2:17 pm
F key is done through being in a pp/raid. Click on a member/dpser from the raid/tab/pp than press letter F key. You will target the same person as your dpser, this way you can attack the same opponent and get it down faster. That being said it is also important to note that the person that you are going to 'F Key' has already chosen an opponent to attack, if not you will have nothing on your bar.

Hope this helps.

looped99

Rank 1
looped99
PostedApr 01, 2013 3:55 pm
_WHITE_KNIGHT wrote:
F key is done through being in a pp/raid. Click on a member/dpser from the raid/tab/pp than press letter F key. You will target the same person as your dpser, this way you can attack the same opponent and get it down faster. That being said it is also important to note that the person that you are going to 'F Key' has already chosen an opponent to attack, if not you will have nothing on your bar.

Hope this helps.  

okay wow the simple is the hardest to figure sometimes. i was thinking F# key the whole time. no wonder it didnt work Smile

Thanks

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedApr 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Re: Targeting in pvp

f key on another player?
_WHITE_KNIGHT has covered most of your questions - the only missing piece is that this is a one-time thing.
If you select someone in your party/raid and press 'F' then you will target the same person they are currently targeting.
If they change targets then you will need to repeat the process.

Also, the people who reply here are almost all volunteers. As it is over a day since you posted initially, it's possible that your question was overlooked. Nevertheless the sarcasm isn't really necessary.

RIP Kizzd

looped99

Rank 1
looped99
PostedApr 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Re: Targeting in pvp

f key on another player?
MerlinMcTav wrote:
_WHITE_KNIGHT has covered most of your questions - the only missing piece is that this is a one-time thing.
If you select someone in your party/raid and press 'F' then you will target the same person they are currently targeting.
If they change targets then you will need to repeat the process.

Also, the people who reply here are almost all volunteers. As it is over a day since you posted initially, it's possible that your question was overlooked. Nevertheless the sarcasm isn't really necessary.  

you are right, i was a bit impatient. Thank you for the replies.

Oh i tried to do that just like you said and even tried some variations of it and i could not get it to work. I guess this is another thing broken in game?

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedApr 03, 2013 9:55 pm
Function of F key:

Click on ally A >>> Press F >>> same focus as ally A at the time you press F

In short, it doesn't mean you can just coast on auto pilot by spamming the F button if you think that is the function of the F key. You need to repeat the process from step 1 each time your ally A changes target. Reasons for changing target fast might include target died/used UT skills/summoned.

Try it out on your healers too. You will focus on the last person he/she is focused on.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!