swslbear

Rank 0
swslbear
PostedApr 03, 2013 3:05 pm

What is all this?! (Chip sets, ME/NSP digieggs, etc)

Item help?
Hi,

What are these things?

What are Chip Sets?

*I know it's the digimon's attribute for different kinds and etc and that they're level ups for your digimon.

1. How do you use them?
2. Which ones are the best for me?
3. What are some high-level/rare chip sets?

What are ME/NSP eggs?

1. What are these?
2. How do you use them?
Advertisement

AkuTenshiiZero

Rank 0
AkuTenshiiZero
PostedApr 03, 2013 5:25 pm
Use the V key to access your Digivice. On the lower half of the menu you should see two item slots. These are your Chipset slots. Simply drag-and-drop the Chipset from your inventory to the slot to equip it.

You already know what the attributes are, but as for the item icon and the abbreviation at the beginning, that effects which "family" of Digimon is effected. Aside from the Data/Virus/Vaccine and Elements, these are also Families and each Digimon has at least one, based on their overall design.

WG = Wind Guardians, usually birds or other air-themed Digimon.
DS = Deep Savers, Fish or aquatic Digimon.
DR = Dragon's Roar, Dragons obviously.
NSp = Nature Spirits, woodland creatures and plants.
NSo = Nightmare Soldiers, demons and other evil monsters.
JT = Jungle Troopers, Bugs and other jungle-native animals.
ME = Metal Empire, robots and other Digimon characterized by metal.
VB = Virus Busters, Angelic or heroic Digimon.
DA = Dark Area, I'm not 100% on this one but it seems reserved for the most evil of Digimon.

I may have missed one or two, there are quite a few and they aren't easy to remember.

If you press D to open your Digimon status you can see a number of icons underneath your EXP bar. Among those icons will be at least one circular icon with one of the above abbreviations in it. This is how you tell what Family your Digimon is from. You can also open your Dgivolution menu, mouse of the Digimon in question, and get the information that way. So, for example...

I have a Falcomon. Being a bird, he's a Wind Guardian, so I equip a WG Chipset. I also have a Fanbeemon, who is also a WG but evolves into Waspmon, who is WG and ME. If I equip a ME Chipset he will gain the benefits of both, but only while he is evolved.

Now, as far as the Digi-Eggs, I'm not sure. But I think if you scan them you'll get a Chipset from that Family.

swslbear

Rank 0
swslbear
PostedApr 03, 2013 5:36 pm
AkuTenshiiZero wrote:

Thank you so much!

One more question: Can I un-equip these chip sets in the future?

AkuTenshiiZero

Rank 0
AkuTenshiiZero
PostedApr 03, 2013 5:57 pm
Yep, they work just like clothing, you can equip/unequip as much as you want.

swslbear

Rank 0
swslbear
PostedApr 03, 2013 6:25 pm
AkuTenshiiZero wrote:

You're the best! Thank you!

swslbear

Rank 0
swslbear
PostedApr 03, 2013 6:31 pm
AkuTenshiiZero wrote:

It's not letting me equip it?

AkuTenshiiZero

Rank 0
AkuTenshiiZero
PostedApr 03, 2013 7:07 pm
swslbear wrote:
AkuTenshiiZero wrote:

It's not letting me equip it?

Ah, there's one more key thing you need and I sort assumed you already had it: A Digivice. It's a piece of equipment like clothing, and you should have gotten one as a reward from one of the early quests. It should be orange, here's a pickture:

If you don't have one, that's okay, you can get a replacement. Go to the area outside DATs, Yokohama Village, and find <Unidentified old man> Homer Yushida. He sells basic Digivices. All you need to do is equip it like any other item, and that will allow you to equip Chipsets.

swslbear

Rank 0
swslbear
PostedApr 03, 2013 7:39 pm
AkuTenshiiZero wrote:

Oh! Okay. Also, is it only 2 chips max? Like if I have 2 NSP on one digimon, can I put other chips on the other 2 digimon?

If so, how? I tried changing my digimon but only the NSP I equipped to my other one showed.

AkuTenshiiZero

Rank 0
AkuTenshiiZero
PostedApr 03, 2013 7:49 pm
swslbear wrote:
Oh! Okay. Also, is it only 2 chips max? Like if I have 2 NSP on one digimon, can I put other chips on the other 2 digimon?

If so, how? I tried changing my digimon but only the NSP I equipped to my other one showed.  

Chipsets are equipped to your tamer, not your Digimon, so all your Digimon will share the same two Chipsets.

So far, I've never seen any other Digivice besides the basic one. I assume that if any others exist, or if they are ever added to the game, they would have more slots. But for now it looks like two is the most you can have.