Would you like the ability for any member of a guild to be able to initiate Guild Brawls?

Yes
42%29 Votes
No
57%39 Votes
Total Votes :: 68 Votes

redwiggle

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 1:16 am
Make everyone happy.

Let the guild master set whether guild members are allowed to trigger guild brawls or not.
Of course this doesn't solve the GM AFK issue, but that's separate to this argument.
Advertisement

swim_a_holic

Rank 0
swim_a_holic
PostedMar 06, 2013 12:22 pm
GearsOfFate wrote:
itsjoyjason wrote:

[...]

I would really appreciate it if only the guild leader and the top gunner, be able to initiate guild brawls.  

*thinks*

Oh god. If Univarsity was able to initiate our brawls, I swear he'd move his sleeping pattern to one hour every three.

UndoItEclipseUndoIt!  

Oooooh imagine the possibilities!!!!

[Univarsity of AngelWings] - Pirate Maidens

TheRealShrad

Rank 0
TheRealShrad
PostedMar 06, 2013 3:34 pm
I am a member and I vote no, but I do like the idea of guild masters being able to give the ability to other members if they want to.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

allenw96

Rank 0
allenw96
PostedMar 07, 2013 7:34 pm
I am a member, and I vote no. I think that if anyone other than the guild master decides to start a brawl, somebody could start one at a random time and not take into consideration the other members of the guild and the guild could get crushed or the brawl might involve only a couple people because nobody knew about it or nobody was on at the moment.

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedMar 08, 2013 2:41 pm
I"m a guild leader and I voted No as well. Though it would be a nice feature to turn on and off as others have mentioned. Giving choice the the guild leaders.

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedMar 15, 2013 5:40 pm
YES please. There is too much responsibility on the leader now. In fact, why isn't the leadership transferable if a guy needs to be away or something.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

huyqbui

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 6:22 pm
I think it would be good to give guild leaders the ability to designate 1 or 2 ppl in their crew who could also initiate guild brawls. This ability could be toggled on/off. I know this would help my crew.

I am a guild leader.

bazarglory2

Rank 0
bazarglory2
PostedApr 02, 2013 9:28 am

other members starting brawls

my suggestions
Hey Gm_zoser!

My ideal is similar to that of the set up of a game i used to play called kingdom of camelot. you have a leader and then you where able to appoint people under yourself, I believe they where 3 slots under the leader, each had it's own set of allowances or privileges. the highest being able to do everything the leader could except remove the leader from his position. I found this worked very well and was useful in controlling what happened during the course of the day, because the leader did not have to be online 24/7 to still have a active happy guild. SO no i don't think anyone should be able to start a brawl, but I do think that a vise president or 2nd in command should be able too. and really MUST be able too, this is why so many guilds are restructuring and starting over, the GM goes to work and everyone gets bored.

cragsleeper

Rank 0
PostedApr 09, 2013 6:04 pm
I know a prominent guild leader in another CCG who threatens to kick members who initiate brawls on their own, so fed up is he with them starting fights they can't win. I agree with allowing Gunners or specifically appointed players to initiate brawls, but please do not allow any member who wishes; guild reputation is important to many players in lieu of tangible rewards. The guy who just joined last week shouldn't be able to suddenly drag the entire guild into what could be a losing effort. It would be frustrating to log in and see we'd just lost to a bunch of Harlots because n00bcream69 got bored. Most guilds have at least a few members they keep around because they're cool & fun to hang out with but at the same time know better than to ever hand them the controls.

Allowing only Master & Gunners would mean that a GvG can't be started without the consent of at least one established member with (presumably) the ability to competently represent the guild and take responsibility for the results of leading them into battle. Our leader Eclipse, for instance, has single-handedly won GvG matches on multiple occasions and makes sure gunners are online if he initiates a GvG before going to bed, so we never have to worry.

I do believe it will make guild masters' jobs easier with the above considerations. As mentioned previously in the thread we can't be held responsible for the devastation if/when Univarsity is given this capability!

EDIT: I mean the above reference to the Harlots out of respect; there are only a few guilds right now that we'd even be concerned about having our gunners online for!

eyecarehawaii

Rank 0
PostedApr 15, 2013 11:26 pm

Give Guild Leader Options

In many games the guild leader has the option of selecting who to elevate to leadership positions and what rights each leadership position has. It's a simple change to implement and it helps the guilds & game run better. Give the guild leader more options than all or none.

Posted By Aeria Mobile