lds4edjr

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 8:27 pm

pvp?

I got nailed
Hey, I went through a gate and ended up at that (spelling) Proletariun Island and in the middle off the island something hit me like twicce and I am dead. I do not want to play pvp did I make a mistake going to the gate. I did not know. I will not start over....that is stupid at lvl 16.
any advice
Advertisement

Four_Balls

Rank 0
Four_Balls
PostedMar 31, 2013 8:33 pm
Do you mean the Proelium Frontier? If so, you must have been lvl 15 or lower, as it is a 1-15 borderlands.
I would assume that you were killed by another player.
Although, you will find that the game is experiencing countless bugs at the moment:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1939867

sparky114

Rank 4
PostedMar 31, 2013 9:05 pm
Just want to say that if you can't play enough to start over when you were only at lvl 15 or 16, then I suggest that you not play at all lol.. It doesn't take much time at all to reach 15 and if you cba to lvl another toon to 15, then its only gonna get harder and longer from then on, and you lack the commitment to make it anywhere in the game to enjoy it.. which I will say not playing at all will help you more in the long run.

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
PostedApr 01, 2013 4:18 am
sparky114 wrote:
Just want to say that if you can't play enough to start over when you were only at lvl 15 or 16, then I suggest that you not play at all lol.. It doesn't take much time at all to reach 15 and if you cba to lvl another toon to 15, then its only gonna get harder and longer from then on, and you lack the commitment to make it anywhere in the game to enjoy it.. which I will say not playing at all will help you more in the long run.  

Agree, if you dont have the patience to level another toon to 15 or a bit more, dont bother playing.

Making UM's available from the start was a bad idea for this game. We used to have to level an NM (normal mode toon, which was super fast to lvl btw and not get deleted) to lvl 40 to unlock HM (Hard mode, which was also easy to lvl up without being deleted when dying), to ultimately lvl the HM toon up to 50 to Unlock UM (Ultimate Mode, which is a lot harder to lvl up and will get deleted without a conti/Resurrection rune in inventory).

I see the process of people learning the zones, their toons classes/skills, and the overall mechanics of this game being cut-off from the new player. See what happnes AGE? People dont want to lvl another toon to lvl 15 because they didnt have the time to thoroughly learn the game through the process of leveling NM, HM, then if they can afford it, UM.

Now we have lvl 80's in PvP raids running around VR/PR that dont know what IS is or PoG, nor have they spent points on getting those skills ( just a small example Razz). Instead they spend a lot more points on passive skills to think that they are a weaponmaster or something lol, to later find out that they will have to correct their mistakes by somehow obtaining a skill reset stone.

They get frustrated because of the lack of knowledge of the different zones they aren't well prepared to enter into. Now, with that said, if they were NM or HM, they'd be like "Oh, how did I die?" than ask more questions after and not be so quick to quit because they wouldn't have felt that the game is wrong for deleting their toon.

Most new players dont have the time to let the whole character deletion aspect of having a UM toon sink in, and when this happens that their toon dies/deletes lol, well, this is what happens.....

tristanleirdrow

Rank 0
tristanleirdrow
PostedApr 01, 2013 4:32 am
U still can choose between a basic or the Um mode, so if u brand new into this game they should make a Basic mode first, so they can explore the game..but mabey i am mistaken...

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedApr 01, 2013 5:53 am
Why pick UM mode if you know you will lose it at death? Rolling Eyes
Read the description before starting a game.

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedApr 01, 2013 7:35 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:
Why pick UM mode if you know you will lose it at death? Rolling Eyes
Read the description before starting a game.  

this is the internet, people don't know how to read here.

hardheaded1974

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 8:07 am

you couldn't be more correct
I saw a L60 def in vr yesterday being plvled by an 80 with first sonics on I'm guessing a nub that has never played but has the money to pay to be plvled all the way up. People used to have alot more respect for the game and each other when we had to work at it as in ep3 & ep4. Back when the highest level you could be was 60 and you leveled 2 toons just to be able to get a um. People now have no idea how to play there toon much less the game it's self..

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedApr 01, 2013 8:32 am

you couldn't be more correct
hardheaded1974 wrote:
I saw a L60 def in vr yesterday being plvled by an 80 with first sonics on I'm guessing a nub that has never played but has the money to pay to be plvled all the way up. People used to have alot more respect for the game and each other when we had to work at it as in ep3 & ep4. Back when the highest level you could be was 60 and you leveled 2 toons just to be able to get a um. People now have no idea how to play there toon much less the game it's self..  

people had respect because everybody had to work for what we had in ep3. when they unlocked plvling we no longer had to work for it, when they created enchants we no longer had to work to be good at pvp. what is left to work for?