m472

Rank 0
m472
PostedMar 09, 2013 4:37 am
It took me approximately 50 gold rescues before I got anything over 4*, my first (two) being Elsa and Andred in a tidal wave. I then got Athena and Diamond shortly after, almost back-to-back in single rescues. So yeah, I'd say it's mostly just luck.

Also known as Nobody or Sinematic.
Advertisement

bouncyyoshi

Rank 0
bouncyyoshi
PostedMar 09, 2013 7:50 am
Update: I decided to Rescue just 5 more to take my overall count to 50, and on the 49th recue I finally got Chloe!! I'm relieved that I at least got my 2nd favourite card even though it was expensive.

So far, it seems the drop rates for 5* cards is as follows:
Jolly roger = 1 in 10
Event = 1 in 20
Increased chance for Event SR = 1 in 15
6* card = 1 in 50

So yeah, it might not be 100% accurate but it'll give everyone a rough idea whether it's worth the risk.

If anyone else wants to say what they've got/ haven't got, feel free to post to help improve the accuracy. This topic can still be used for future reference.

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 10, 2013 8:33 pm
That seems about right.

I've done a total of 10 rescues so far (both event and jolly), and I've only gotten 3* and 4*, 50-50 for both of them.

Of course, my experience does no justice in displaying the actual rates, but I stopped there, because spending any more money was (I thought) pretty much useless when 5* cards were being given out in events like candy.

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 10, 2013 9:41 pm
itsjoyjason wrote:
That seems about right.

I've done a total of 10 rescues so far (both event and jolly), and I've only gotten 3* and 4*, 50-50 for both of them.

Of course, my experience does no justice in displaying the actual rates, but I stopped there, because spending any more money was (I thought) pretty much useless when 5* cards were being given out in events like candy.  

I remember I said it before, but I'll say it again. Currently, the Jolly Roger Rescue holds some of the most powerful cards. Even most Jolly Roger 5* outclass the Event 5* by far. Rarity isn't everything in this game.

I think the only real "top tier" cards that were given out during Events were Explorer Neria and Light Admiral Harpo. Sea-hand Ria might join their Ranks as well, especially if we get access to more copies. One can also make a case for Small Whirlwind Malina, considering she has the lowest Cost of all 5* with comparable ATK and Skill. But overall, I still don't consider her in the same group as Ebony, Garrett etc. Which can only be obtained through the Jolly Roger Rescue.

This game defenitly treats its "free" players very well, but if you want to become THE best, you will need Jolly Roger Pirates.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedMar 11, 2013 10:41 pm
Look at it this way -

Best gold cost is 10,500 for $99.99, which is 0.95 cents/gold.

Best use for that gold is obviously the tidal wave rescue, which costs $28.50/rescue.

Per bouncyyoshi -

So far, it seems the drop rates for 5* cards is as follows:
Jolly roger = 1 in 10
Event = 1 in 20
Increased chance for Event SR = 1 in 15
6* card = 1 in 50  

So if you're going for a 6* then that means you're theoretically paying $129.54 (50/11*$28.50) for it using best cost at average odds.

Using the same math a 5* from the TW rescue will cost $25.90 (10/11*28.50).

vitamea73

Rank 0
PostedMar 30, 2013 11:34 pm
Just to add on to Gears post. I got 50 combo levels by merging 2 6 stars.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

allenw96

Rank 0
allenw96
PostedApr 10, 2013 8:50 pm
The jolly rogers rescue is all about luck as is every other type of rescue. With just 2 tidal waves i was able to rescue 3 different 5*. This was a rescue that was done by a friend:
http://piratemaidens.wikia.com/wiki/File:DecentTidal.jpg
It is not impossible to get lots of good cards at the same time, just don't give up.

demona01

Rank 0
demona01
PostedApr 10, 2013 10:49 pm
allenw96 wrote:
The jolly rogers rescue is all about luck as is every other type of rescue. With just 2 tidal waves i was able to rescue 3 different 5*. This was a rescue that was done by a friend:
http://piratemaidens.wikia.com/wiki/File:DecentTidal.jpg
It is not impossible to get lots of good cards at the same time, just don't give up.  

It's all about the law of averages - sure, some folks will get lucky and score several premo cards in a single rescue, others will get nothing but wink-grade rescue cards for twenty rescues, but in the end the average odds of what your cost to benefit ratio is come down to this.

So if you're going for a 6* then that means you're theoretically paying $129.54 (50/11*$28.50) for it using best cost at average odds.  

eyecarehawaii

Rank 0
PostedApr 16, 2013 12:06 am
It's interesting that some if the better Pirates in this game can only be got from Rescues and not necessarily by being a top 5 player or guild in an event. I suppose giving even new players the chance of winning 6* Pirates helps to even the field more. Otherwise, the top guilds and players will only continue to pull away from the rest of the field. Still the drop rates are frustrating. I've given upon single gold rescues after winning only low star Pirates. I've done 3x gold multi-rescues and had more luck, winning 2-3 Ebonys for my effort but alas no 6* yet. I suspect it's a matter of luck; you might win a 6* on the next single gold rescue or none at all after 100 tries.