dssmith99

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:43 pm
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. It's the leads fault for not setting the loot rules. I'd just remember their names and not run with them again.
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:52 pm
Verd as they are saying, there is a pretty nifty and complex loot order function for a team leader. It allows you to set to pure random, lead gain, class drop, Team order, and it has a few more functions I haven't even really bothered to learn yet, being a solo player.

ShadowArc

Rank 5
ShadowArc
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:58 pm
Kougen wrote:
This was the fault of the group leader twice over. I'd avoid that person from now on, and possibly post their name/server/faction to shame them publicly for not knowing how to run a team and set up loot rules.  

Public shame lists and the like are against the ToS, just so you know.

Kiralyn2000

Rank 0
Kiralyn2000
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Re: I you are going to make rules, PLAYERS, TELL us!

verdohan wrote:
I played MANY games before this one, and I will tell you what, LOOT is LOOT and if you get it, it is yours, unless it is a guild thing or you are with friends.... I have NO problem following a "players agreement" but I need to friggin know about it first...  

Funny, in all the games I've played, pretty much everyone would send loot rolls to the matching class. Unless no-one "needed" the item, in which case it was open loot. People who rolled on everything to sell were considered ninjas/jerks/etc.

/shrug

draakdorei

Rank 3
draakdorei
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:10 pm
bryanvdkimme wrote:
you should know what your rolling on, just saying... just because you can roll doesnt mean you should, them kicking you is wrong perhaps, but the '' only roll if its your class'' is a general rule in alot of mmo's  

This is also why a lot of MMOs have the "dice roll for class" option too.

@OP: Like the others have said, it's the team leader's responsibility to set the loot rules at the beginning of the dungeon. You can also click on your name and check team info (iirc) to verify the loot rules after joining a party. If they aren't set to roll by class and rare or higher, then you might want to ask in party chat about setting it (as a courtesy to the team). Any fighting over loot after that is poor manners on the teammates arguing about it.

Personally, I set the dice rolls after I invite the first person so they'll know what's going on before inviting others. This way I have a "witness" in party and if people want to argue about it, I can tell them to sod off for not checking it (if they're veterans).

icemophete

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:29 pm
narutotazxx wrote:
well then they should have class lock rule on if they dd not its the team leader fault for not doing that so the loot was up for grabs the person kicking you is just wrong for the there mistake  

+1 if its not Classsed Locked its fair game... It was totally wrong for them to kick you,.... Ive never been in a party that was like you discribed... we all went in knowing what was happening to the loot.. and if perhaps someone got someting from a drop they needed for their toon or alt.. They worked out a deal if that person didnt need that piece of gear...

Kougen

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
Kougen
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:37 pm
verdohan wrote:
I will NOT be doing that, and I do not recommend ANYONE do that...

BAH!, just frustrated.  

I was being tongue-in-cheek. Is there actually something you're hoping to get from this thread other than an excuse to rant? My point was that you're letting that one person affect you WAY more than it should. You will meet a lot of idiots in this game. A lot. Hundreds. Build up your tolerance now, because starting a thread about all of them will be a waste of time.

verdohan

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
verdohan
PostedMar 30, 2013 8:23 am
Kougen wrote:
verdohan wrote:
I will NOT be doing that, and I do not recommend ANYONE do that...

BAH!, just frustrated.  

I was being tongue-in-cheek. Is there actually something you're hoping to get from this thread other than an excuse to rant? My point was that you're letting that one person affect you WAY more than it should. You will meet a lot of idiots in this game. A lot. Hundreds. Build up your tolerance now, because starting a thread about all of them will be a waste of time.  

LoL, you are a condescending little individual aren't you? Yes, I was hoping to get some community feedback as to what happened, as I have never dealt with this situation in my gaming history. I am not building "it" up as anything, I posted right after it happened so maybe my typing was a little "animated" with frustration but I was merely looking for community feedback if that is ok with you?
I do not see me posting a frustrated "rant" about something I have never had to deal with as "letting one person get to me WAY more then it should" as I did not focus on ONE person but ONE action.... My tolerance and my "skin" is plenty "thick" enough.

Thank you for your concern though.

P.S. Thank you forum moderator for moving this thread to the proper place. /snicker