Author Message

dinosue2

Rank 5
dinosue2
Joined
20 Jan 2008
Posts
3617
Location
United States
PostedMar 29, 2013 9:21 am
There was a Security Update with force password change March 28, 2013.

Please make certain that Aeria Games is White Listed before attempting password reset.

If this does not work, please use Account recovery ticket system. Please note RT’s take up to 48 hours for response. First come, first served on these RT’s.


If you do not know your email, please fill out A recovery RT. Please note that RT’s can take up to 48 hours for response. First come, First Served.

Please note, this is a holiday weekend (Easter) and ticket times may increase to 72 hours.

Advertisement

BestOfAllNoobs

Rank 4
BestOfAllNoobs
Joined
07 Jul 2011
Posts
2165
Location
Philadelphia United States
PostedMar 29, 2013 9:59 am
Technature wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Technature wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Technature wrote:

I don't write a ticket, asking if a hacker might of gotten to my account and changed the password.
 

A hacker did get into your account.... so we changed the password.  

And I couldn't of gotten an email explaining this?
 

Emails take inherently longer than database changes, because they go through multiple systems (blame the internet).

However, I do think you should be upset about all of this... because your account got hacked.  


stuff  

I'd give up Superman. No offense to you. He refuses to lose an argument and will keep coming back no matter what.

*Insert witty signature here*

Technature

Rank 5
Technature
Joined
18 Nov 2008
Posts
3239
Location
United States
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:10 am
BestOfAllNoobs wrote:
Technature wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Technature wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Technature wrote:

I don't write a ticket, asking if a hacker might of gotten to my account and changed the password.
 

A hacker did get into your account.... so we changed the password.  

And I couldn't of gotten an email explaining this?
 

Emails take inherently longer than database changes, because they go through multiple systems (blame the internet).

However, I do think you should be upset about all of this... because your account got hacked.  


stuff  

I'd give up Superman. No offense to you. He refuses to lose an argument and will keep coming back no matter what.  

Oh, piss off. Can I not even go onto another section of the site without you people bothering me? You're gonna tell me that my points don't make sense?

Should "One of the biggest game companies" be taking 24 hours to tell people that their accounts aren't hacked and just need to reset their password? This might be more understandable with smaller game companies, but with the standard that Aeria sets itself on, this is unacceptable.

Though, I don't know why I was surprised at this in the first place.

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:27 am
If you care to disagree, please do it in a polite fashion.

Technature

Rank 5
Technature
Joined
18 Nov 2008
Posts
3239
Location
United States
PostedMar 29, 2013 10:33 am
I've been treated like **** by him more than a few times. I'm just returning the favor.

My point still stands. A company that claims that you can "Play the best MMO, PC, Browser, and Mobile Games" should not be acting so unprofessional. I'm not asking for a warning. I'm not asking that you not change passwords for the sake of security. I'm just asking that you let people who've been affected by it know what to do within a timely fashion. Ya know, act professional, like you claim you do.

don_illy3

Rank 0
Joined
13 Mar 2012
Posts
1
Location
Austria
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:45 pm
what to do now?!!!

got 3 accounts, 2 playing accounts 1 transporter account

playing account (main acc) changed pw when i saw the ("security update news" on dwo homepage 2 days ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
i played 2 days long with the new pw without any problems, last time i loged in was yesterday and played till maintenance started, then loged off, today i want to log in > it wont work!!!!!!!

playing account (alt acc) didnt change pasword at all, tryed to log in today but its not F... working!!!!!!

BUT...

my transporter account works, i can log in even if i didnt change the pasword at all!!!!!

so what the F... is going on, with your stupid / useless security update!!!!


as i read that thread from that GS, why should i have to wait 48 - 72 hours just because someone come with a stupid idea of changing pasword > force changing pasword!


respond quick (GM`s)

Technature

Rank 5
Technature
Joined
18 Nov 2008
Posts
3239
Location
United States
PostedMar 29, 2013 2:06 pm
Whelp...it only took almost a day and a half to get the email.

Good thing it's from such a small company that probably doesn't have anyone who plays any of the games on a daily basis.

Ever wonder how Technature lives the life of a soldier?How about asking a person that doesn't actually exist questions? Then drop by Technature's blog and drop a letter.

dream_endless

Rank 0
Joined
29 Mar 2013
Posts
3
Location
Brazil
PostedMar 29, 2013 2:18 pm
Yeah, Aeria created a problem to us and we need to wait 48 hours (or more) to be resolved?

I just want to get my Main Account. I created this one JUST to send a message.

I tried hundred times and nothing arrives in my e-mail.

When will this problem be fixed? Or are you having a permanently problem?

sIink

Rank 4
sIink
Joined
21 Nov 2009
Posts
2441
Location
Neverland United States
PostedMar 29, 2013 2:24 pm
dream_endless wrote:
Yeah, Aeria created a problem to us and we need to wait 48 hours (or more) to be resolved?

I just want to get my Main Account. I created this one JUST to send a message.

I tried hundred times and nothing arrives in my e-mail.

When will this problem be fixed? Or are you having a permanently problem?  


Please look here for steps that you may have missed.

Many people run into problems because they skipped one or several steps. Most commonly problems happen when someone submits the Account Recovery RT while being logged into an alternate account--this will not work.

dream_endless

Rank 0
Joined
29 Mar 2013
Posts
3
Location
Brazil
PostedMar 29, 2013 2:29 pm
sIink wrote:
dream_endless wrote:
Yeah, Aeria created a problem to us and we need to wait 48 hours (or more) to be resolved?

I just want to get my Main Account. I created this one JUST to send a message.

I tried hundred times and nothing arrives in my e-mail.

When will this problem be fixed? Or are you having a permanently problem?  


Please look here for steps that you may have missed.

Many people run into problems because they skipped one or several steps. Most commonly problems happen when someone submits the Account Recovery RT while being logged into an alternate account--this will not work.  


Tks for your fast response, slink . I read your post 4 or 5 hours ago (or more, don't remember)

I did ALL steps and, after all, I didn't receive the response in my e-mail to change my Password.

Again, are you having problems to send this e-mails?

P.S.: Yes, I did a Request Tracker hours ago. If needed, I can send u the number.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: