GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedMar 27, 2013 1:26 pm
itsjoyjason wrote:
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
ADVICE  

That's actually a really great idea, but it's rather difficult to formulate a decent team (20k combined attack), with only 30-50 cost, even if your cards are gold.

Even if you get 5 Gold Sniper Cecils, that just gets you 20k attack with 70 cost.

Nonetheless, what's with the amount of people spamming jugs nowadays?
I just fought a player who spammed 30 jugs just to fight me with a ~120 attack crew, when he could've easily defeated me using pixie crews, because my defense was near 0.

I originally thought he just desperately wanted that harpy for the event, but well... I could be wrong o_O;;  

For cards with strong atk vs cost, please check out http://piratemaidens.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Pirates_by_ATK_to_Cost_Ratio_at_Max_Level on the PM wiki for effective ways to do this.
While some of the best ones are not so easy to aquire, some are fairly common.

If you're just starting out, I'd recommend encounter pirates like Rampaging Devil Hannah. If you got it from a few events prior, Sea-hand Ria is an excellent card. Humita itself also has higher-end attack at low cost.
Advertisement

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedMar 27, 2013 10:08 pm
Kittyangel there's a spot open in my guild Imbalanced. Undefeated today in Brawls!

Posted By Aeria Mobile

cuddlysweetbaby

Rank 0
cuddlysweetbaby
PostedMar 27, 2013 10:24 pm
I sent a request to join your guild Smile

Posted By Aeria Mobile

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedMar 28, 2013 7:24 am
Well Jayson the trick is to have 2 very good attack cards that can take out mamy of the commonly used cards. IE as you said Sniper Cecil makes a decent one. That gives you 28 cost. If you can manage a Pixie Archer or even better a gold Fianna make a strong 5 cost. Giving you 33 cost. You can get a 1 cost Pixie or even a Captain Eirny for 3 cost as a good card to sub out with your assist. If you've got strong assits like Linovah's you're pretty much set to win your battles. This puts you at about 34-36 cost leaving you for a decent 14-16 cost Be it a Humita or some other cost card for whatever reason.

There's plenty of times I'll sub in cards based on opponent to fill a specific role or counter a specific card.

This is just things I've learned as I've only been playing since mid Ruby Event. So many of the people I'm fighting tend to have at some times more than one silver/gold humita. Or level 60 SRs and such.

Basically newer players have a large uphill battle. Even if they just manage to get a Silver demon harpy it will give them 4 Mermaid kienna which they can max out for a substantial defense boost. Saw a guy with 5 gold ones on defense 33k+ defense.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 28, 2013 4:43 pm
dlmeadows2010 wrote:
Well Jayson the trick is to have 2 very good attack cards that can take out mamy of the commonly used cards. IE as you said Sniper Cecil makes a decent one. That gives you 28 cost. If you can manage a Pixie Archer or even better a gold Fianna make a strong 5 cost. Giving you 33 cost. You can get a 1 cost Pixie or even a Captain Eirny for 3 cost as a good card to sub out with your assist. If you've got strong assits like Linovah's you're pretty much set to win your battles. This puts you at about 34-36 cost leaving you for a decent 14-16 cost Be it a Humita or some other cost card for whatever reason.

There's plenty of times I'll sub in cards based on opponent to fill a specific role or counter a specific card.

This is just things I've learned as I've only been playing since mid Ruby Event. So many of the people I'm fighting tend to have at some times more than one silver/gold humita. Or level 60 SRs and such.

Basically newer players have a large uphill battle. Even if they just manage to get a Silver demon harpy it will give them 4 Mermaid kienna which they can max out for a substantial defense boost. Saw a guy with 5 gold ones on defense 33k+ defense.  

I'll be honest with you mate, that Cecil's 4.7k attack at gold isn't going to cut it for some brawls. Even the newbs now have Gold Humitas, and Humita has 5k defense at gold. Although your idea is good, it's not perfect, since you're only going to get ~300 brawl points per battle, if you aim for a 3-2 win with a crew like that.

You'll really need some of the nice event cards maxed out (aka, Harpo for defense, Dark Ruby for attack) if you want to actually be competent in the ranks, because recently, a lot of high leveled players have been hopping around guilds in order to farm Humitas (I'm one of them, I'll admit, but I'm not as bad as this one player (of course, no naming), who's been hopping around to literally countless number of newbie guilds.

Finally, Mermaid crew isn't a very good idea. Mermaids have an absolute max of ~7k defense, which can rise slightly with combos, but that's it. Generally speaking, it's much better to put Nation-matching defense crews, because not only is the bonus larger, it's also more frequent. The guild-hopping player I mentioned above also has this setup, and it's actually not that hard to win against him; and he gives delicious amounts of brawl points per win.

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedMar 28, 2013 5:15 pm
No problem I understand what you're saying. Though it's worked for me so far. I'll have my first gold humita before event ends and we've only just started brawling regularly yesterday. Though I do run into many battles that are uphill because I have bad defense cards.(very few over 3k)

Posted By Aeria Mobile

TheRealShrad

Rank 0
TheRealShrad
PostedMar 28, 2013 11:42 pm

How I brawl

Just want to say that when I brawl, I do a few attacks with high power, instead of many weak. With my (free, so everyone should be able to have this) crew of all silver Reesa, Ria, Neria, Akira, and one assist that is usually a gold 6 star, I usually get 2500-3000 bp per attack, which for me is much higher than I get with a weak crew.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 12:24 am
I need to figure out how much def stat I need I have no clue how it works and effects battle.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedMar 29, 2013 12:58 am
Def stat is used like the atk stat. the higher the amount the more costly, and therefore usually more powerful a def team you can make. How much you need is relevant to who you brawl, or if you even care about taking losses.

Good reads for playing defense are as follows:
http://piratemaidens.wikia.com/wiki/Defensive_Tips for general info on playing defense.

http://piratemaidens.wikia.com/wiki/Pirate_Rankings for powerful def cards.

http://piratemaidens.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Pirates_by_DEF_to_Cost_Ratio_at_Max_Level for efficient def cards.

dlmeadows2010

Rank 0
PostedMar 29, 2013 1:40 am
I've read all that but what I need to know is what happens in a brawl when your def is lower than your def total
Cost.

Posted By Aeria Mobile