Nanikaru

Rank 1
PostedMar 27, 2013 9:42 pm   Last edited by Nanikaru on Mar 29, 2013 9:30 pm. Edited 18 times in total

Signature Feedback

My decision so far: I MIGHT be opening a sig shop~
I have now opened up my siggy shop <3 I decided to let the insult about my siggies fly away~ clicky here to see
Advertisement

Synphie

Rank 0
Synphie
PostedMar 27, 2013 9:57 pm
Simplicity is best. But you can some effects and stuff in those. Try DeviantArt for resources, like C4Ds, Stock, Grunges, and some Brushes. Deviant is probably the best place to look.

If you use GIMP, you'll find a heap of them. Heck, half of the siggy tutorials I see in Youtube use GIMP.

You can download it here.

Nanikaru

Rank 1
PostedMar 27, 2013 10:08 pm
Synphie wrote:
Simplicity is best. But you can some effects and stuff in those. Try DeviantArt for resources, like C4Ds, Stock, Grunges, and some Brushes. Deviant is probably the best place to look.

If you use GIMP, you'll find a heap of them. Heck, half of the siggy tutorials I see in Youtube use GIMP.

You can download it here.  

thank you o3o

Quitting aeria, baii ill miss ya guys ;.;

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedMar 27, 2013 10:16 pm
As the old saying goes, practice makes perfect. Before you open up a real "Shop" I would recommend doing signatures for free to people to improve your skill. Once you personally feel confident enough to open a shop, which should come off the complaints/reviews of the people receiving the signature, then you should.

With that in mind, the render tends to make a signature. You have a lot of extra white that wasn't cut-out of the original image. For example, in your first image, you have a small white dot above the "Y" and there is a completely uncut section above her left hand between her hair. In the latter, you have an odd cut-off of your render below the "as" in "Xmas!" and apparent white dots below the "n." Additionally, the edges look very forcibly cut--which is never a good thing--so I recommend fading out the outside so it "connects" better with the background.
In terms of borders, I have always found that a 2-3 px around black border to be the best, borders that are too bright tend to distract the person(s) viewing the signature from the main content. (My recommendation is make them smaller/darker color.)
In terms of font, a lot of people tend to go overboard with this. Sometimes the best font is the most simple, sometimes not. This depends on a multitude of things involving the signature. At very least play with it some in all of your signatures and see what happens.
Background is also another highly important thing, of course. It's always hard to find the balance between a background that is taking up too much attention or not enough. In most cases you want a background that blends or connects to the foreground (which tends to be a character of sorts), but this also varies case to case. For you personally, try to add a bit more too it--there isn't much there.

I personally have never used tutorials myself, but I know a lot of people like to. I suggest you look some up on Google or whichever search engine you use.
Finally, what program are you using currently?

Nanikaru

Rank 1
PostedMar 27, 2013 10:22 pm
skull12580 wrote:

um...the program I'm using isn't really the best. I'd use photoshop but it gives my computer a virus :/ I sorta use corel painter essentials 4, I'm still looking for a new program to use.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 28, 2013 3:22 am
If you can't use PS, you can try using GIMP or Paint.NET. It looks like you're not using renders, I suggest you find renders to use on your signatures, as the neat cut out looks a lot better. If you keep practicing, you'll get better and discover new stuff you can do with images, there's a lot of tutorials around which might help you, or you can simply play around with the image editing tools. Good luck~ ♥

Synphie

Rank 0
Synphie
PostedMar 28, 2013 7:25 am
I'd do some now but I'm having a little bit of problems with fonts and putting effects on it. (GIMP)

Nanikaru

Rank 1
PostedMar 28, 2013 5:17 pm
iBambi wrote:
If you can't use PS, you can try using GIMP or Paint.NET. It looks like you're not using renders, I suggest you find renders to use on your signatures, as the neat cut out looks a lot better. If you keep practicing, you'll get better and discover new stuff you can do with images, there's a lot of tutorials around which might help you, or you can simply play around with the image editing tools. Good luck~ ♥  

oh these are renders I found on devaint o3o I'm just having trouble with the quality~

RandomnessX_X

Rank 0
RandomnessX_X
PostedMar 28, 2013 9:53 pm
aww the first one is adorable <3 You should open up a sig shop, everyone else I know is to fancy with the sigs and I don't really like it q.q I'm mostly a plain person. NOT THAT YOURS ARE PLAIN D: they're just sorta fancy AND plain at the same time <3 If you open im gonna make a house next to yours so im the first one to visit LOLLOL

Nanikaru

Rank 1
PostedMar 28, 2013 10:08 pm
Synphie wrote:
I'd do some now but I'm having a little bit of problems with fonts and putting effects on it. (GIMP)  

ooh for the fonts I just save the sig, and put it onto paint or sumthin to get the font on XD on corel paintshop the text is confusing to do~
RandomnessX_X wrote:
aww the first one is adorable <3 You should open up a sig shop, everyone else I know is to fancy with the sigs and I don't really like it q.q I'm mostly a plain person. NOT THAT YOURS ARE PLAIN D: they're just sorta fancy AND plain at the same time <3 If you open im gonna make a house next to yours so im the first one to visit LOLLOL  

aww ty you are cookie awesome <3 ~giant [FAT] hugs~