youknowwhoaeria

Rank 0
youknowwhoaeria
PostedMar 18, 2013 1:54 am

Aeria "the Delta players."

by DragonPox
Kevin Tiller was the average kid from Florida, he liked to spend time with his friends at the beach. He made B's and C's in his classes, he even played football for the local little league. But recently Kevin could not be found far away from his computer. His mother gave up trying to lure him away at the beginning oh his summer vacation. She would now leave $20 at his bedroom door every morning on her way to work. With a hurried "I love you" she would slam the front door, and Kevin would send her a typed -I love you- to her cell phone from his computer; Kevin would log into his Aeria account and sign into the ignite screen. This has become the normal routine for Kevin and his Mother. So why on his 14th birthday would there be any difference?
Kevin awakes in his bed, he can hear footsteps outside his door. Mom's leaving money again, he thought. A muffled "I love you" called ghostly inside the empty house, echoed by a deafening silence. Kevin was too sleepy to care to notice the time or day, he had a good sized calendar hanging on his wall. Today's box is circled with words written in them. Happy birthday Kevin, enjoy your Aeria game points!-Mom
Kevin reached for the power button, turning on his computer before going to retrieve his daily $20. However he was disappointed when he reached his door, there was nothing there! Mom must have forgot, he thought, "Its not like I need it really, I have a lot of money saved up in-" but he cut off mid sentence after spotting his calendar. Pinned under hi mother's note was a envelop with $1000 of AP.
Wow he thought, today has started picture perfect. He couldn't believe his luck. Not wanting to push his luck, determined to have the perfect day, Kevin went down to the kitchen and returned moments later with all his favorite snacks and a piece of his birthday cake, sent to him by his Aunt, Kevin sat down at his monitor.
He could not wait to log in and see his friends, to see his own character, the digital man that Kevin has devoted his summer vacation too. But when Kevin entered his account on Ignite, he saw a message from one of his friends.
To NightWolf
From FuryCat
Topic : DON'T LOG IN-THE GAME IS KILLING PEOPLE-TURN ON THE NEWS:

This has to be joke is Kevin's first thought. Kat is always joking...but she never writes in all caps. He began arguing with himself whether or not to believe this when he see the last part of the topic. Turn on the news. He opens her messages, but finds it blank. She was in a hurry when she sent this. She must have sent it to her whole friends list as quick as she could. Kevin was convened that turning on the news couldn't be a bad idea. He began thinking about the laugh he will share with his friends later about this. He was still chuckling when he made it downstairs, this time he was in the den. He turned on the t.v. with a remote and turned to the major news.
He did not have to wait long. The woman was already speaking about a video game, "-and it is not know at this moment how many, but we do have confirmed accounts of people all over the world, succumb to seizes. All of whom are dead."
A man in a blue windbreaker was speaking now, he was standing in a foreign hospital where nurses were wheeling wrapped figures in what Kevin saw as, a maze of checkers.
The man asked the news woman a question. She asked him to repeat it. Kevin was shocked to see two more men in blue windbreakers enter the frame and wrestle the first man away from the camera. The camera man tried to follow but was restrained by what could be only a private army. The News woman returned. She looked as bewildered as Kevin felt.
The phone rang.
Kevin went into the kitchen to answer it.
"Hello" said Kevin.
"You've been selected for the beta project for Aeria Games," came an automated voice. "Please remain calm as an armed service is en route to your current location. Please do not resist."
There was knock on the door.
Kevin heard the phone die. He could feel his heart pounding, What was going, how could the perfect day go so wrong?
Advertisement

youknowwhoaeria

Rank 0
youknowwhoaeria
PostedMar 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Apologies from the author

Cancellation
I am sorry to inform you that I will not be continuing or editing any further on this topic because I am repulsed by own work. I know the idea of what I wanted and I will return in a new thread with a more polished and seasoned work. That being said I feel I owe those of you who have read this an explanation. Writing is more than typing words and forming sentences, there is an art to story telling and it takes time and hard work. Obviously I have not shown that work effort in this piece, I merely stopped because the direction I want this story to go will take more time and effort if I had continued this way. I want to give you a story worth the time you will take to read it. I'll brb.
DragonPox out!