Author Message

ohFaith

Rank 3
ohFaith
Joined
23 Jul 2012
Posts
1436
Location
Norway
PostedJan 01, 2013 4:50 pm   Last edited by ohFaith on Feb 22, 2013 3:23 am. Edited 6 times in total

I have been hacked, what now?

a guide on how to proceed and how to prevent getting hacked...
I've noticed that there are many who ask how to get a hacked account back. And since this isnt in the ava forums alrdy, i decided to make this topic in the ava section of the forums also.

My account was hacked! What to do?


  • If the hackers didnīt change your password and email adress. Do it as soon as possible!
    How to change it? Go to My profile-->Edit Profile-->account-->Email/Password and change it.

  • If you cannot access your account anymore, create a new account and send the ticket from there involving all the info as shown below.

  • You have to send a ticket and explain the issue there. As a ticket is your only hope to get the account back.
    However You will have to prove that the account really belongs to you.
    You should be very polite and try to write understandable english.
    Therefore You will receive a response with these questions:

Code:


1) Account name

2) Server(s) your character(s) are associated with

3) Name(s) of the character(s)
 
4) Items which the character(s) have equipped and in the inventory

5) The transaction #'s for the last 5 items purchased (including dates, times, and
 character(s))
 
6) The transaction #'s for the last 5 items purchased
 
7) The original and current email address associated with the account
 
8) The date the account was registered
 
9) Your I.P Address ( feel free to use whatismyip.com)
    - If you change your ip adress or you get a new router, make sure you saved your IP addresses to a text file.

In order to speed things up, you should answer to these questions in the very first ticket you are gonna send.

I sent the ticket. Now what?

After the ticket has been sent, You will receive automated responce that will include your Request Tracker # (RT#).
If you wonīt receive a reply from a GM within 48 hours, you may ask a Game Sage (GS) to forward the RT# for You.
Make sure You have checked the junkmail first before asking a GS to forward the ticket!

GM may ask you for more information in the ticket, please be patient and answer to all question they may have as that is the only way how to get your account back and they are trying to help you.

What can I do to prevent getting hacked?


  • Never give your password to anyone! By never I mean NEVER! GMīs or GSīs will never ask for you password!

  • Do not share your account with anyone! Its is against ToS and can be bannable

  • Do not visit any suspicious sites, especially the ones with cheats and hacks.
    There is a high chance you will unknowingly download a keylogger from such a site and practically let them to hack your account.

  • People may try to sell their account to you, but these sellers are just out there to trick you. Not only is it a violation to AeriaGames ToS (Terms of Service) but it's an easy way for you to get scammed. If the "seller" writes a ticket to Aeria giving all correct information of their account the GM's will give their account. If you've found that you have been scammed this way they try to refund your money if you've used PayPal or your CreditCard both quite easy to regain your money back.

  • Make sure you have antivirus program installed and regularly updated

  • Your E-Mail address, which is linked to AeriaGames is one of the most easiest ways to get into someones account, to prevent this I propose that you use an E-Mail address just for Aeria or an e-mail address no-one knows also.

  • Create a strong password. Make sure it doesnīt contain names of your family members, pets etc. Make it as random as it can be. Also if you registered account on some different forums, game site etc. do not use the same password!

For more information about how hacks work please visit these threads: Hacking knowledge and Account Theft
Advertisement

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Posts
4442
Location
Swag City United States
PostedJan 02, 2013 4:33 am
Very informational! I like it. But if this was in the General Section it would attract more forumers to look into it.

Requesting a Sticky
Requesting a move to the General Section as well

blaznyuu

Rank 4
blaznyuu
Joined
08 Apr 2012
Posts
2641
Location
Kawaii Slovenia
PostedJan 02, 2013 5:03 am
very nice thread indeed :3

also be very polite when writing a ticket. maybe add some screenshots or youtube video that the account is really yours.

if you for example keep changing places because of work or other reason, it's good you keep saving them IP addresses to some text file.

My Event: click this if you're not single =^.^= ElumineLily, 25thNight, BlaZcoWicZ, 25thBaam, iNyuuBlaZ, RWBY, Yoredet, KIRITOxASUNA, ShiWoonYi, NiTianErXing

ohFaith

Rank 3
ohFaith
Joined
23 Jul 2012
Posts
1436
Location
Norway
PostedJan 02, 2013 5:12 am
blaznyuu wrote:
very nice thread indeed :3

also be very polite when writing a ticket. maybe add some screenshots or youtube video that the account is really yours.

if you for example keep changing places because of work or other reason, it's good you keep saving them IP addresses to some text file.  
Added

RVSRVS11

Rank 0
Joined
05 Feb 2013
Posts
2
Location
Netherlands
PostedFeb 13, 2013 3:44 am
Well, My account inst hacked but i bought AP and spend at loot wheel won FAL gun and i get banned -.- during Billing Maintenance

Any options? I have already sent a ticket 2 days ago but then wont reply D:


Grtz.

ohFaith

Rank 3
ohFaith
Joined
23 Jul 2012
Posts
1436
Location
Norway
PostedFeb 13, 2013 4:35 am
RVSRVS11 wrote:
Well, My account inst hacked but i bought AP and spend at loot wheel won FAL gun and i get banned -.- during Billing Maintenance

Any options? I have already sent a ticket 2 days ago but then wont reply D:


Grtz.  
You have to wait upto 48 hours before a billing ticket is answered. You probably recieved an email that was attached to your banned account, saying why you did get a ban. However, discussing bans at forum is illegal and against ToS. Discussing bans should been done directly to GM's through the ticket system. Write a ticket and explain your situation clearly, and im sure the GMs will look into your situation.

Hope this helps.

FNTPS

Rank 2
FNTPS
Joined
15 Sep 2012
Posts
764
Location
London United Kingdom
PostedMar 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Re: I have been hacked, what now?

a guide on how to proceed and how to prevent getting hacked...
ohFaith wrote:
I've noticed that there are many who ask how to get a hacked account back. And since this isnt in the ava forums alrdy, i decided to make this topic in the ava section of the forums also.

My account was hacked! What to do?


  • If the hackers didnīt change your password and email adress. Do it as soon as possible!
    How to change it? Go to My profile-->Edit Profile-->account-->Email/Password and change it.

  • If you cannot access your account anymore, create a new account and send the ticket from there involving all the info as shown below.

  • You have to send a ticket and explain the issue there. As a ticket is your only hope to get the account back.
    However You will have to prove that the account really belongs to you.
    You should be very polite and try to write understandable english.
    Therefore You will receive a response with these questions:

Code:


1) Account name

2) Server(s) your character(s) are associated with

3) Name(s) of the character(s)
 
4) Items which the character(s) have equipped and in the inventory

5) The transaction #'s for the last 5 items purchased (including dates, times, and
 character(s))
 
6) The transaction #'s for the last 5 items purchased
 
7) The original and current email address associated with the account
 
8) The date the account was registered
 
9) Your I.P Address ( feel free to use whatismyip.com)
    - If you change your ip adress or you get a new router, make sure you saved your IP addresses to a text file.

In order to speed things up, you should answer to these questions in the very first ticket you are gonna send.

I sent the ticket. Now what?

After the ticket has been sent, You will receive automated responce that will include your Request Tracker # (RT#).
If you wonīt receive a reply from a GM within 48 hours, you may ask a Game Sage (GS) to forward the RT# for You.
Make sure You have checked the junkmail first before asking a GS to forward the ticket!

GM may ask you for more information in the ticket, please be patient and answer to all question they may have as that is the only way how to get your account back and they are trying to help you.

What can I do to prevent getting hacked?


  • Never give your password to anyone! By never I mean NEVER! GMīs or GSīs will never ask for you password!

  • Do not share your account with anyone! Its is against ToS and can be bannable

  • Do not visit any suspicious sites, especially the ones with cheats and hacks.
    There is a high chance you will unknowingly download a keylogger from such a site and practically let them to hack your account.

  • People may try to sell their account to you, but these sellers are just out there to trick you. Not only is it a violation to AeriaGames ToS (Terms of Service) but it's an easy way for you to get scammed. If the "seller" writes a ticket to Aeria giving all correct information of their account the GM's will give their account. If you've found that you have been scammed this way they try to refund your money if you've used PayPal or your CreditCard both quite easy to regain your money back.

  • Make sure you have antivirus program installed and regularly updated

  • Your E-Mail address, which is linked to AeriaGames is one of the most easiest ways to get into someones account, to prevent this I propose that you use an E-Mail address just for Aeria or an e-mail address no-one knows also.

  • Create a strong password. Make sure it doesnīt contain names of your family members, pets etc. Make it as random as it can be. Also if you registered account on some different forums, game site etc. do not use the same password!

For more information about how hacks work please visit these threads: Hacking knowledge and Account Theft  


Nice post keep it up ^^

Do what you feel deep in your heart that it is right.

simonwallis1996

Rank 0
Joined
23 Jul 2012
Posts
7
Location
Taranaki New Zealand
PostedMar 31, 2013 6:48 pm

lol

lol
asd

green_dark

Rank 0
Joined
05 Apr 2012
Posts
1
Location
ARTA Greece
PostedMay 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: I have been hacked, what now?

a guide on how to proceed and how to prevent getting hacked...
Nice & helful post but let me ask u something! I have been the one that been hacked acc.! I scan & find a keylogger! The hacker enter my acc & my email & change everyhing! I send a ticket to support servise. I managed to recover my email. they answer me, they belive me with my answers & my details of my acc & they say that they will send a confing message so that way i will get my acc back! I response to them 3 days ago with the finall answer that the ask me & I DID NOT GET ANY ANSWER SINCE THEN. 3 DAYS AGO...!!! Why they dont answer so we find the solution & i will get my acc?
PS: sry if my english is not perfect. I think u know what iam talking about.
I send tickets from this acc because i did not have acces to mine.!
WHAT NOW?[u]

YoreeK

Rank 0
Joined
06 Apr 2013
Posts
122
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMay 04, 2013 5:42 pm
Very helpful, And worth reading this. Great job! Gamesage on the way

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: