celfious

Rank 0
celfious
PostedMar 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Need info on Debuff Lapis

Linking 4 debuff lapis,, does this bring conflict?
Basically, everytime I see attacks on me in PVP I see upto 2 debuff attempts. Does this mean linking 4 debuff laips is pointless, because only 2 will work?
Advertisement

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedMar 22, 2013 5:07 am
No they should all work: I mean all 4 lapises should attempt to deal their debuff. Usually people have only 1 debuff lapis in weapons, that's probably the reason you never saw more than 2 debbuff attempts on yourself.

Saepe

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 6:19 pm
Usually it's slot number that restricts the amount of debuffs you can use. Level 7 debuff lapis take up 2 slots, but they have MUCH higher chances of activating than level 6 debuffs. The chances of proccing a level 6 debuff are not really dependable. If you manage to get like 7 attacks off, then yeah maybe you can count on a level 6 to proc, but by that point, the enemy should be dead.

Thus, the reason why you probably only see 2 debuffs, is because many people run 2 level 7 debuffs. It's not like there is any restriction on the number of debuffs you can have though. So you CAN technically stick on Pain6, blindside 6, slumber 6, confusion 6 or something like that, but the proc chances will be really low for all of them. It's much more dependable to rely on two level 7 debuffs, which is probably why you see only 2 so often.