EntityOfMadness

Rank 0
EntityOfMadness
PostedMar 25, 2013 7:07 pm

A tough decision...

Raise the dead or master the elements?
As someone who is about to choose her character's final path(to my understanding at least), I'd like to know if I should make her a necromancer(to become a Demonologist and Shadow Lord later on) or a Wizard(to become an Archmage and Avatar later on).

I'd really appreciate some input. Could responses possibly include reasons and not just 'Avatars suck!'. If you could, it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks.

~ETM
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMar 25, 2013 8:06 pm
Necromancers, Demonologists, and Shadowlords, are mainly support DPS. They are dangerous in the sense that they are more tanky than Wizards, and that they can debuff you till you can be blown on and die. Later in game, they become more major DPS. Skilled enough Demonologists can exceed the magic attack of even an Archmage.

Wizards, Archmage's, and Avatars, are glass cannons. They have strength in their strong elemental magic which is used in bursts to quicky disable an enemy. Wizards generally are more powerful in the sense of attacking, but they lack defense. At Archmage, this changes. They have more damage reduction.

I'm probably being a bit biased, but I like Necromancers more than I do Wizards.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

EntityOfMadness

Rank 0
EntityOfMadness
PostedMar 25, 2013 9:21 pm
minuzaki wrote:
Necromancers, Demonologists, and Shadowlords, are mainly support DPS. They are dangerous in the sense that they are more tanky than Wizards, and that they can debuff you till you can be blown on and die. Later in game, they become more major DPS. Skilled enough Demonologists can exceed the magic attack of even an Archmage.

Wizards, Archmage's, and Avatars, are glass cannons. They have strength in their strong elemental magic which is used in bursts to quicky disable an enemy. Wizards generally are more powerful in the sense of attacking, but they lack defense. At Archmage, this changes. They have more damage reduction.

I'm probably being a bit biased, but I like Necromancers more than I do Wizards.  

Do not worry. It didn't seem too, too bias Razz. And in any case, I'll probably choose the Necromancy path because the reasons you gave, including the fact that you'd prefer the necromancy path, gives me plenty reasons to choose that path as well.

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedMar 26, 2013 12:29 am
It really is all about your preference of play style. No matter what the class, how good a person is depends on their gear and their understanding of their class. Don't pick your class based on how strong it is or how amazing the class is in pvp. Think of it as part of your identity, who you want to be while playing GF. You can try out other classes later and if you like the play style of one more than your original choice, great! Swap over!

I've recently hopped servers and decided to go for a different class for my main than I had on Quill. I'd been thinking about a German fairy tale about a spirit who tempts a kid towards death (the erlking), and decided I wanted my character to be themed that way. Well, the class I thought closest to this was necromancer, so that's my new main. If I had been thinking about, say, William Wallace, I may have made a beserker. Anyways, just go with the class that you think will best fit the identity you want.

"Radical Edward's profile is a seven foot tall ex-basketball pro Hindu guru drag-queen alien." ―Jet Black