andraxxusbear

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 4:42 pm   Last edited by andraxxusbear on Mar 24, 2013 2:53 am. Edited 3 times in total

[Wartune] Equipment Refining Guide

Using equipment of different levels.
Before beginning this guide there are a few things that need to be explained to better the understanding of the following "wall of text".

Please also keep in mind that I will try to use the least confusing way of explaining everything because on more than one occasion people were not sure if a Mage has any need for PATK or if a Knight/Archer needs MATK.

One of the first things is knowing what each of the stats refers to:
MATK: Magic attack that is used by the Mage class.
PATK: Physical attack used by both Knight and Archer classes.
MDEF: Magic defence that is useful for ALL the characters.
PDEF: Physical defence again useful for ALL the characters.

*Note: The above names apply also for the units that players are able to recruit from the barracks however the units are not influenced by the refining of equipment but by their own daru upgrade.

Intellect: Useful only for the Mage. (Increases MATK by 4 and MDEF by 1)
Strength: Knight and Archer only. (Increases PATK by 4 and PDEF by 1)
Defense (on legendary items 40+ the name changes to Armor): Useful for ALL classes. (Increases MDEF and PDEF by 4 each)
Crit: Increases critical damage and can be used by all classes, but is a MUST for Archers and can help with the different types of character builds that Mages and Knights can come up with. (Mostly mages though.)
Endurance: Helps all classes and increases the health points.
HP: All classes benefit from it. (Increases the health points (life) of the hero or units, but again like in the case of the MATK,PATK,MDEF,PDEF the HP of the troops is increased by upgrading the troops in the barracks or academy.)
Charisma: Useful for all classes. (Increases the number of troops that the hero can have when fighting. Also depending on the enlightenment level and type on the troops, it provides boosts to the hero.)
Block: Helps all classes with damage reduction, especially useful for Knights since they can heal upon dodging damage.

While I could give you something like a "best combination" for each class I think each player should try to find what works best for them, but something to remember is that Defense/Armor, Endurance are something that you should always try to have in the stats and like I said I won't go into the "best combination" just find what is best around those stats especially if you are a free to play player just look at the small explanations for each skill and choose the ones that help your class (Mage/Knight/Archer) the most.

In Wartune there are three types of Refinement Crystals that can be used to refine equipment at different levels.

For refining level 1-29 equipment a Level 1 Refinement Crystal is used.

For refining level 30-59 equipment a Level 2 Refinement Crystal is used.

For refining level 60+ equipment a Level 3 Refinement Crystal is used.

These refining crystals can be bought from the shop for the balen cost shown in the pictures above or can be obtained from recycling items that are not useful, these items can come from card draws at the end of a map, a chest, or a monster drop.

The only items that can't be recycled are the white ones, only green, blue, or purple items will be useful for recycling the white ones can just be sold.

The items that I speak of are those that you get by blitzing a Campaign map or from a Multiplayer Dungeon in the Hall of Heroes and are only obtained in the maps that correspond with the level of equipment you get from drops. For example you can't get a Level 1 Refinement Crystal from an item that comes from a level 60+ map.

The correspondence between the equipment stats is simple and it follows this rule: the level 30 normal items are using the same scale for the bonuses as the level 35 arena set, the level 40 items use the same scale as the level 45 set and the level 50 items use the scale of the level 55 set.

Each item in the game has certain stats that can be refined by using the Refine option in the Blacksmith interface, there you can choose what item to refine and the cost in refinement crystal of each item will be displayed (18 for each refine).

However there are two options to refining, if you are a free to play player you can refine the items with just crystals and then look at the new stats and swap them if what you got by luck is good or if you can spend balens you can lock the stats that are useful and high level to try and get as high as possible (maximum is 10) on all five stats.

Each lock costs 45 balens and the balens are used each time you refine the item even if you choose not to swap for the new stats.

Be careful with refining, just because you have a level 10 stat that does not mean that you can't get a lower level from refining the item.

For the level 20 items the boosts are the same for normal level 20 rings or jewels and for the legendary jewels you get when you recharge for 500 balens for the first time.

Starting with level 60 normal and legendary equipment there are no others items that they share the stats with.

What this means is that for example a boost in Intellect of let's say +18 (Lvl.6) on the level 40 rings or jewels is the same as the boost on the level 45 arena set of the same type (Intellect) at the same level (Lvl.6).

One thing to note about the level 20 jewels you get when recharging with balens, I've looked at different ones and have seen strange numbers on some of them the values are like those on the level 20 normal equipment but on some the numbers are much lower.

Below are the tables with the values for all the items I could check, if someone notices any errors or has any information that I could add please write it in the comments.

As you might notice there are certain places where I used "/", well there is either a display bug or certain pieces of equipment are better than others by a small margin. Also in the table that has a single "?" I used that to approximate the value, but later I noticed that not all the items follow the same +2 increase, some of them increase by +3 from level 8 to level 9.

There is also the one with three "???" and that I think is a display bug because at level 3 stats on the normal level 60 equipment the same value is shown as the level 8 stats.

While I do know that this guide might not cover all the aspects of Equipment Refining I will update it if people do find it useful and like I said before if you have any questions, suggestions or if you noticed something wrong please write it in the comments.
Advertisement

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedMar 23, 2013 6:31 pm
Charisma doesn't follow the same pattern as Intelligence, Strength, Armor, Defense, and Endurance.

IE: On 60 Normal piece lvl 5 Charisma = 30, while level 5 Int/Str/Armor/Def/Endurance = 25

That's why your tables are off in the middle column.

Also the first table where you're listing "and the legendary Jewels from 500 Balen Recharge" is also incorrect. As these items are no longer level 20 as of 2 Maintenance ago and the Starting Stats as well as the stats they refine to are much much lower. Since they are now an ML: 5, only the jewelry before the Patch change will show stats like what you have listed. It's no longer current.

andraxxusbear

Rank 0
PostedMar 24, 2013 1:35 am
Thank you for pointing the level 60 equipment error, I overlooked the possibility of the level 60 normal being different from the others, but it did seem strange (and I used the ???) to see +28 at level 3 and less for the higher levels.

As for the level 20 items yes the balen jewels did change to level 5 now but the stats are quite confusing, some pictures that took this morning.

Saveric

Saveric
PostedMar 24, 2013 1:41 am
The issue with the level 20 items that are now level 5. Is that they will now be using level 5 Refinement Levels if you try to refine them. On March 14th they were changed from Min level 20 to Min Level 5. This change didn't alter any previously acquired refinement stats Pre-March 14th. If you have tried to change the jewels or acquired them Post-March 14th the refinement levels will now match that of a Level 5 item instead of a level 20 item.

Edit:
Here's a screen capture of a person who refined theirs After March 14th comparing it to someone's refines that haven't changed them.

andraxxusbear

Rank 0
PostedMar 24, 2013 1:53 am
Ah, thanks for the good info again, will redo the table for the balen equipment post patch or I might just remove the balen equipment completely until I am sure it shows the right values for both "versions" depending on how much time I have.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedMar 24, 2013 8:14 am
Very nice guide Morna, thank you =)

You've made me VERY angry..

emseven

Rank 0
PostedJul 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Locking isn't Locking

some kind of failure
Update: So question answered.

Nowhere does it say we have to lock our gear stats BEFORE we hit the refine button.

>>>

I tried locking equipment stats to update refinement as this guide instructs.

I hit refine, and it used up some crystals, and gave me a new set to consider.

I then locked the old stats I wanted, and the window asking for balens popped up.

I agreed to use balens, and the screen showed the balens allocated for lock.

I then selected Swap, and it swapped all the stats and I lost the old stats I wanted to keep.

It did not use the balens.

I lost 200 BR on this one swap. I lost two lvl-10 stats and a lvl-9 stat that I wanted to keep.

>>>
I tried to lock 2 stats. and swap 3 stats. game swapped all 5 anyway.

>>>
Am I supposed to lock the stats before I refine?

Am I broken or just dumb and missing something obvious?

I have never successfully been able to lock stats as this guide suggests, which in hunting for answer brought me to this guide. You seem to know what you are talking about.

I'll check back for follow-ups every couple days.

Saveric

Saveric
PostedJul 20, 2013 12:59 pm
You have to lock before you hit refine. Swap doesn't use balens and just changes one side to the other. The lock keeps those for every time you hit refine it doesn't change those that you have a lock on for the right side.

IE:
Current Refine
Matk 10*
HP 1*
Crit 5*
PDef 8*
Armor 10*

You click the lock for MAtk and Armor for 90 Balens and then click Refine.

On the right side you will now see:
MAtk 10*
New Stat
New Stat
New Stat
Armor 10*

If you choose to swap those you can. If you don't like the new stats you can keep the locks and click Refine again for another 90 Balens spend. It's 45 Balens for every Refinement Stat you lock for every time you click Refine.