das.b1ff

Rank 0
PostedMar 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Zec for [GS]

Zec for[GS]
I want Zec to be a new GS because he is a really friendly and helpful person. Zec got a brother .Zed and they always be with eachother in game and when they are online they help every1 with problems in their path. If you make Zec a GS u wont regret it and he will always be the nice guy.

Thats why i would like to put my vote on Zec because he is the best!!
Advertisement

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:13 pm
Just a little helpful advice.
If you apply to be a GS, don't to your guild and ask everyone to vote for you.

If we get a whole lot of people whose first post in the forums is supporting a recent GS applicant then it's pretty obvious what is happening - especially if the support posts are very similar.

I would also very strongly advise not to vote for yourself on an alternate account.
The GMs can tell if you are doing this and it will look very very bad for your application.

RIP Kizzd

zectore01

Rank 0
PostedMar 22, 2013 11:39 pm

To the Guy above

I have recently submitted the GS application yes. They are quite similar yes. Both are true. But i do not and will not vote for myself on alternate accounts, anyone who has voted knows me in game because i have partied with them and we had a grand time. I do not appreciate your assumptions. Now if you would like to meet me, please do come to the Fury side and hang out for a bit. But ill not be accused of trickery. I informed the people who know me well that I would give it a shot only because [GS]Kali & [GS]TheWifey have both said that I am friendly and respectable and knowledgeable enough to accept the task at hand when dealing with situations in game. All I ask is you keep Assumptions out of a local site, and come to me next time.

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedMar 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: To the Guy above

zectore01 wrote:
I have recently submitted the GS application yes. They are quite similar yes. Both are true. But i do not and will not vote for myself on alternate accounts, anyone who has voted knows me in game because i have partied with them and we had a grand time. I do not appreciate your assumptions. Now if you would like to meet me, please do come to the Fury side and hang out for a bit. But ill not be accused of trickery. I informed the people who know me well that I would give it a shot only because [GS]Kali & [GS]TheWifey have both said that I am friendly and respectable and knowledgeable enough to accept the task at hand when dealing with situations in game. All I ask is you keep Assumptions out of a local site, and come to me next time.  

Merlin doing as his job as a GS, and is just giving a few words of friendly advise. If you have an issue with a GS, please provide appropriate proof in a ticket addressed to the GS Manager at: http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/support

Part of the application process is the public feedback of players which only a small fraction of what a GM uses to decide on applicants. The factors taken into consideration are: Player feedback, GS feedback, Forum support, In game chat logs, Player attitude and Player's history.

Some issues are best left handled and addressed in private, especially an applicant. At the end of the day, a GS has to support their fellow GSes and GMs as a united team. A Gs has to put aside their personal thoughts and beliefs when it comes to AGE's guidelines and policies. There are places that private feedback is given and asked for. A GS candidate will be expected to do the same if they intend to be a GS.

If one can not follow through with the above as a GS, it is maybe best to rethink the following:
If one can't put aside their thoughts and beliefs to follow AGE Guidelines and policies with their fellow GSes and to assist the GMs. Is GSing, then really right for you to do?

Just a side not this is not to single anyone, but advice to everyone who is thinking of applying. GSing is not an easy job and involves a very think skin.

If anyone wants to discuss my point of view, my inbox is open.

zectore01

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 12:52 am

To Lyyrian

I had not seen theGS title beside merlins name, but even that will not swade me from my point of view, all i wish is that he not assume trickery in my votes. Everyone is entitled to friendship, and friends is what voted for me. I have no problem with anyone, nor do I want any. I also understand the tasks of being a GS and understand now one was doing his job. For that I applaud. On the other topic of requirements. I feel strongly that I do have what it takes to perservere. I beleive that my understanding of shaiya, and my capability to get along with anyone will take me far. If not far enough for GS, then I'll continue to do what I do and help, my goal is to help, and benefit those who do not have the ability to do so themselves.

A big thing for me is being able to help people who cannot adequitely "afford" to have good gear or a ressurection rune or an item they need. I wish to help them lvl and aquire anything that I could pissibly assist in. I wish to be able to give information to people searching for there answer. I do my best to help everyone. That is my goal and it will continue to be with or without the GameSage title. In general. I'm here to help

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedMar 23, 2013 1:42 am
One other piece of friendly advice to any and all applicants:

It's best to leave debating back and fourth with others and feedback in a public thread alone and done in private. It's bad form and shows one may not be a good candidate as a GS. Simply because it shows one maybe argumentative and confrontational.

If one questions the feedback left for an applicant or doesn't agree with it, its best done via PM to another's inbox.

In the case of a GS doing their job, if one feels what a GS did is out of place its best to PM them privately than call them out in public. The other option is to send a ticket addressed to the GS Manager via: http://www.aeriagames.con/contact/support

I'm done taking the thread off topic. If anyone needs to talk to me about my thoughts on applicants or point of view in regard to GS Candidates or my post please direct a PM to my inbox.

zectore01

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 8:32 am

Apology

It being my first couple time on forums I was not sure how to reply to the situation. I am sorry if it seemed I was spitefully pointing Merlin or Yourself, I knew no other way to adress the situation, but now I have more knowledge for the future, and I do thank you for shairing. I will do my best to improve my forum ediquet. I should have searched for the solution before I commented the first time. Thank you [GS]Merlin and Lyrrian for your time and helpful advice<3

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedMar 23, 2013 12:43 pm
I don't believe you have anything to apologise for at this time.
When Lyyrian says not to debate, she is referring more to people who have had some quite long and acrimonious arguments in the feedback threads. There is nothing wrong with defending your position and then stopping the argument - as you have done.

As for my advice, that's all it was - advice. It's part of my role as a GS Smile
I'm not making any assumptions about you voting for yourself, just advising that it would be a really bad idea if you were tempted to do so.
I have made the assumption that you asked friends to vote for you, and my advice is that it's a bad idea. At the very least they should make an effort to make their support posts sound different, and explain why their first post is in support of you.

One other piece of advice - don't give up. If you don't get accepted into the program at this time, keep trying. Work on the areas where you are weak - in your case that will probably be the forums. You don't have to have as many forum posts as I do, but you do need to be familiar with the forums, where to find information, and what stuff is currently happening. Also, get more advice from existing GSes on what the role involves.

RIP Kizzd

zectore01

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks!

I thank you Merlin for the advice, and I do agree that my friends first post sound similar, but like me, they are not used to forums, I shall also strive to improve my forum posts in the concept of not being rude or arguementative, or pointing people out. I also want everyone to know, I'm not goign to give up. Its been a "dream" if you will, to be a GS ever since i started playing in Episode 3, the only reason I had not applied sooner is because i knew i was inadequit for the responsibility that a GS must uphold. Although still it does scare me, I feel very sure in my abilities of friendliness and caringness that I may now chase my dream. I'm simply getting everyone who thinks it is a swell idea, to let it be known. I tell anyone who is willing to vote, That, and i quote" Be completely honest, I do not want any lies posted to benefit me in any way, but anything you know about me is kind of you to shair". I will not ask anyone to do it for payment, or any other method of reward. I want to win judgement fair and square. <3

axemurderernt

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 2:16 pm

[GS]TAARZAANN!!

so tar would be an awesome gs
So TAARZAANN's pretty 1337 few ppl can roll through vr as fast. He's been our guild leader/mentor through cunning-stunts and (after recent name change) ZOO, always on skype and ingame having a good time and helping us out. He's been playing since the dawn of time and never had a question he couldn't answer Smile (and im a bit of a nub so i have many XD). I know a load of ppl would agree - TAR for GS Smile!!

*crosses fingers*