jm2900

Rank 0
jm2900
PostedMar 18, 2013 1:20 am
Alright it might be unlocked at lv 45 now. Although, if you are not lv 50 (character level) yet then you should play a bard until then to get accustomed to AoEing. I won't change the ==Requirements== section either way; because IMO, a lv 50 bard is better than a lv 45 bard at the cost of 5 levels.
Advertisement

RayAles

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2013 1:33 am
katashi65 wrote:
jm2900 wrote:
Might as well get holy concerto && get closer to getting pop star II.

And in dungeons, you might need to go bard sometimes. So even if you are a lv 45 bard, you'll eventually get to 50.  

That doesn't change the fact that Blade Dancer is unlocked at level 45 Bard. Whether or not it's worth leveling Bard after the fact is a completely different story.

In my opinion, it's useful to get Bard to 60 for the anti-sleep buff.  

In my opinion, its best to max bard because of class score Very Happy

jm2900

Rank 0
jm2900
PostedMar 19, 2013 1:27 am
Updated PvP / Wars / Arena section. Added some more tips for map bosses.

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedMar 19, 2013 9:41 am
jm2900 wrote:
Alright it might be unlocked at lv 45 now. Although, if you are not lv 50 (character level) yet then you should play a bard until then to get accustomed to AoEing. I won't change the ==Requirements== section either way; because IMO, a lv 50 bard is better than a lv 45 bard at the cost of 5 levels.  

Then that's simply false information.

Regardless of what you think is better, it's a fact that the level requirement for Bard is 45. If you want to recommend keeping it capped, then do so independently from the unlocking conditions.

jm2900

Rank 0
jm2900
PostedMar 19, 2013 7:03 pm
Changed to 45. I really don't care anymore, cuz you are gonna get to lv 50 (bard) quite quickly after you unlock BD (exp from boss dungeon fights / WTS> Venin Fang Runs / clearing mobs you're BD can't handle / when you switch back for the fun of it).

Alright done with this argument.

Plus, it's still good to level a bard, like in a dungeon with 2 BDs, one could go bard and inflict burning metal for firebird dance to x2 dmg.

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedMar 19, 2013 11:06 pm
Actually, I'd probably stop leveling Bard until level 59 where I access Manor since it's a pain to do Limited with Bard due to it being a largely single target class whereas leveling my new Blade Dancer would 1) Be my goal class 2) Be much easier to train with its AoE 3) Unlock the ever helpful Crit Rate certificate I need for all my other physical dps classes.

And it's sort of a given that Bard is good for Blade Dancer based on common knowledge and skill description. Nobody buys/sells Veninfang runs anymore, by the way. Did you know Burning Metal got nerfed with cast time? It now takes serious monetary investment to get started with Bard runs at that level, so Engineer is the popular choice.

jm2900

Rank 0
jm2900
PostedMar 20, 2013 3:09 am
how long does it take for burning metal now? Interesting, tell me more.

Brief me on the (major) changes in the past year (when I quitted)

starstrike45

Rank 1
starstrike45
PostedMar 20, 2013 6:07 am
BM takes about a second and a half for me to cast (Level 53, 45 bard, no investment in cast speed KP, no gems whatsoever and no cast speed trophies)

I agree with katashi that BD, with its wonderful AOEs, is a much easier class to level, but that doesnt put down bards. This discussion has already been had, and I posted my opinions there. wont do it again, go check out the bard discussion in the healing section if you're that ragey about bards.

Long story short, I love bard, though I only levelled it primarily for BD. Melee dps is my main point of call (Levelling MA to 55 then gonna start on (ugh) warrior to unlock Samurai, though MA and BD I think are going to be my main classes (Others may think its low but i'm pretty happy with 59% attack speed when charged o3o))

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedMar 20, 2013 11:31 am
Burning Metal has a 1 second cast time, but you have to take into account the animation time as well.

Awakening weapons and armor came out. That means that endgame players are reaching ridiculously high stats both offensively and defensively.

It was previously viable to go either all damage or all Eva, but nowadays once you reach level 65, you start seeing hybrid builds. Either built from the Eva armor and adding Crit gear or starting from Crit armor and adding Eva proc accessories, etc. It's not so much choosing Eva or Crit, but choosing where you start and a slight tendency towards your initial build. Also, the benefit of Eva in a PvP setting has diminished. You need near max Eva to counter the high Accuracy afforded by better gear that has been released. In PvE, high Eva is still helpful, but it is standard to have capped Block, extremely high defense (the cap is now 70%), and a decent array of elemental and perhaps physical resists as tanks. Pure Eva is way too inconsistent for anybody to rely on alone now.

Also, I think you didn't put down the certificate combinations for BD:
Smile + Calm = 6% added Crit Rate when using Dancing Blade
Nimbleness + Dancing Master = +8 seconds duration on Dance of War

I personally think that the time increase on Dance of War is better since you'll get a 6% or higher bonus on ALL your skills when it is active, not just Dancing Blade. It's definitely the better choice for PvP situations since you don't want to waste a certificate for malice reduction there. With this combo set up, Dance of War is active for 28 seconds of its 30 second cooldown, so you only have to live without it for 2 seconds each cycle. It's critical for any type of build.

Also, list which certificates are good for Blade Dancer, mainly from the Range DPS and Melee DPS branches, but there are Evasion certs from Bard and Knight as well. Crit Dmg from either Samurai or Hunter, Luck from Hunter, Crit Rate from Blade Dancer and Engineer, Str from Martial Artist, Agility from Thief (gives more Eva than any of the Eva certs for me using Crit gear), and the Atk Speed certificate from Ranger. Atk Speed became more viable with the Ranger certificate (15%), Legendary Achievements (10%), and weapons that have powerful effects when striking with autoattacks such as the Awakened Dagger, Rapier, or Bow. It also helps to use an Atk Speed pet (Bunny gives Atk Speed + Crit Rate as a prime) and the Ice Meteor for +8% and + 5% respectively.

Might also want to mention Glyphs if you didn't already. I personally use Flashy Charm Glyph for the extra Crit Dmg, but if I was serious about my Blade Dancer (and I will be once I finish more Legendary Achievements) I would use the one for Firebird Dance. It's range will be incredible with it.

Also, you should consider listing the related legendary achievements associated with Blade Dancer such as Mining and Summoning for Str, Agi, and Luck bonuses. Ring crafting gives up to + .15 Crit Dmg/M-Crit Dmg points, Necklace crafting gives up to 10% Atk Speed/Cast Speed, and Gem crafting lends a nifty 8% movement speed. Crafting Swords for that 15% P-Atk bonus is a must. Your secondary weapon is probably either the Awakened Dagger or a Club if you main BD or Thief, or a Cestus if MA was your focus. 15% on the other weapon type is also good. Resists from crafting Heavy Armor and Cloth Armor as well as the Evasion from crafting Light Armor also helps a lot.

jm2900

Rank 0
jm2900
PostedMar 20, 2013 6:43 pm
Thanks.

I already made a certificate section since last year btw, its just incredibly short, because I linked it to an image i made (thought the wall of text was boring enuf). Didn't expect the guys who just skim through to see it.

Certificate combinations I just ignore. IMO, it's not really good for the slots it takes up. There are better ones. But, the DoW length increase combo, you should only use it if you have invested in Inspirational Dance, otherwise you can outpower dance of war +Crit% with 2 crit certs.

Looking through the forums I found something called Secret Skills. BD has Lunar Dance, seems good, but it will be slightly annoying (Dungeon, from the perspective of a BD:)*busy fighting off mobs*Entire Party: LUNAR DANCE NOW!!!111**You: Just shat ap, busy fighting mobs*Entire Party: LUNAR DANCE NOW OR KICK11!1**You:...*

I would choose Firebird Glyph.

Use flashy charm in PvP -300 Acc = +300 eva = 30% eva. Should help a ton with the ACC problem.

Ill have to look more into legendary achievements

Kinda running low on gold too, is there an up-to-date guide for it? (The 3 i found are a bit outdated)