bulanhagui07

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2013 10:56 am

Punisher Build [HELP]

any help for choosing skills for the punisher
is there any punisher out there that can share their build in punisher ?. i'm kinda new here and i dont know what skills to get.
Advertisement

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedMar 19, 2013 11:17 am
Build decisions come hugely around playstyle. I prefer damage on my Punisher, so I did not pick up any of the support skills. Some of them can be pretty powerful in groups, so you may want to look into them before looking at my build below.

Level 44:
http://sb.reyva.com/sim/ss#xgpuyletldhqmomocgijgghlobqophxzue

5 solid single target attacks, an AoE DoT for PvP, Firing Squad for burst damage, and more HP. I might change and get at least 1 point to Offense Cocoon, but that's way down the road.

Level 29 (for CB):
http://sb.reyva.com/sim/ss#ftrbbtiwoopfaoseotumaojogkxyywzjsq

sp1ncycl3ofd00m

Rank 0
sp1ncycl3ofd00m
PostedMar 19, 2013 1:30 pm
Hmm I might mess around with that build.

I still think the auras and buffs are worth picking up, though. Especially in PvP for when a shadow jumps onto you.

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedMar 19, 2013 4:13 pm
Thanks for that build, i might go around that as well, i'm not a big fan of the buffs and such and prefer as much attack as possible so that seems close to what im looking for.

However why didn't you put more points on the attack passive, not worth it?

NOTaYoshi

Rank 0
NOTaYoshi
PostedMar 19, 2013 4:20 pm
jotasnake wrote:
Thanks for that build, i might go around that as well, i'm not a big fan of the buffs and such and prefer as much attack as possible so that seems close to what im looking for.

However why didn't you put more points on the attack passive, not worth it?  

I've tried it and it's not really worth it.

Blackdeath101, what do you think about Swinger and OnlyPenetration? I found them extremely useful in both pvp and dungeons.

blackdeath101

blackdeath101
PostedMar 19, 2013 5:16 pm
Swinger has too long of a cooldown for my liking. It's basically a poke and run away for a single target. And it's practically melee range too. It could be a game changer in a 1v1, but too much risk in mass PvP to be beneficial. And for dungeons, it might be useful if you pull agro from a tank to give them time to get it back, but it'd be easier to learn how effective a tank is and how much time they need before you start bursting.

Penetration could be good for bosses, and it will be active 17/30 at max level, but again, not very beneficial to me. You increase the damage output on a boss for around 50% of the time, but you also sacrifice a ton of damage. Maybe if you went a full support build with Penetration and the buffs, but then you are also sacrificing a ton of damage that you aren't doing. That's 8 points to max it out (10 with Swinger) which could be going elsewhere.

My 2 cents.

NOTaYoshi

Rank 0
NOTaYoshi
PostedMar 19, 2013 7:58 pm
blackdeath101 wrote:
Swinger has too long of a cooldown for my liking. It's basically a poke and run away for a single target. And it's practically melee range too. It could be a game changer in a 1v1, but too much risk in mass PvP to be beneficial. And for dungeons, it might be useful if you pull agro from a tank to give them time to get it back, but it'd be easier to learn how effective a tank is and how much time they need before you start bursting.  

Well Firing squad has a longer cooldown and it's extremely risky since you can't move (unless ofc you debuff) and therefore can easily be wasted. You also need to rely on your teammates to back you up (which is a good thing to some extents) but it's not worth the risks. On the other hand, Swinger can be a life saver in 1v1 and in battlegrounds (if somehow a SW manages to sneak up on you) but might as well be extremely useless in PvE if you can completely rely on your tank as you mentioned. However, since I'm pretty sure most of us are still inexperienced at this game, I would rather not take the risk, especially since I always aggro more than the tanks I've played with so far. Anyway, I think both Firing squad (increases risks of dying) and Swingers (reduces risks of dying) would do great together.

blackdeath101 wrote:
Penetration could be good for bosses, and it will be active 17/30 at max level, but again, not very beneficial to me. You increase the damage output on a boss for around 50% of the time, but you also sacrifice a ton of damage. Maybe if you went a full support build with Penetration and the buffs, but then you are also sacrificing a ton of damage that you aren't doing. That's 8 points to max it out (10 with Swinger) which could be going elsewhere.

My 2 cents.  

Penetration is both good on bosses and on players. Keep in mind that you're also not restricted with your movements (compared to other buffs/debuffs) and it benefits all your teammates. At this point, it can be 100x more useful than a self buff spell like Firing squad if you ask me...

IGN: NOTaYoshi</br> Faction: Free Knight</br> Server: Andromeda <center></center>

blackdeath101

blackdeath101
PostedMar 19, 2013 9:22 pm
Battlegrounds, every skill is kinda useless because of mech spam.

Firing Squad:
After using it a bunch, I cannot get rid of the skill. For PvE solo, I was 2-shot critting mobs and clearing spawns very fast. I would kill a few more without the debuff, heal back up, and then be ready to use the buff again. On PvE party, Penetration would be better to increase team damage which would help the tank too. But you can only use it on stuff that takes awhile to kill. It's one target only whereas Firing Squad you can attack everything in range. It may be limited at times, but with right positioning it can be a lot. Especially with a Whipper or someone who can pull targets to them.

My biggest gripe with the 2 skills is how many points you have to invest. 10-12 points is still a lot to give up and will serve limited benefits in PvE solo. All of those points are either going to have come out of HP or damage skills. With my inconsistent times of being online, I will mainly have to PuG groups and will end up spending most of my time PvE solo or Battlegrounds. If you are in a guild where you run with the same people at set times or something, then I could definitely see more validity in investing the points. But for casual/solo players, not so much.