Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedMar 18, 2013 6:01 pm
ToBeFeared wrote:
Wait, the Auction houses in the other countries use Balens not Gold? So whoever sells the item gets the balens. Now I see why the US servers refuse to implement the Auction House. Why cripple your profit? Milk the most out of your customers. I see AGE isn't the only publisher which is highly profit oriented.  

Yes how it works is the same way the Call of Gods Auction House does. Players can place items into the auction house and it costs the player placing the item a small amount of gold. The player then placing the item in the auction house chooses the Balen cost within the auction hour. When a player buys your item it deducts the balens from them and gives it to you and they get the item. Players have to have balens initially to purchase the items so people still do have to add Balens, but then balens can be distributed in game changing hands to where 1000 balens could sit in game for a long time just changing hands without money going into the game.

Advertisement

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedMar 19, 2013 6:10 am
Saveric wrote:
ToBeFeared wrote:
Wait, the Auction houses in the other countries use Balens not Gold? So whoever sells the item gets the balens. Now I see why the US servers refuse to implement the Auction House. Why cripple your profit? Milk the most out of your customers. I see AGE isn't the only publisher which is highly profit oriented.  

Yes how it works is the same way the Call of Gods Auction House does. Players can place items into the auction house and it costs the player placing the item a small amount of gold. The player then placing the item in the auction house chooses the Balen cost within the auction hour. When a player buys your item it deducts the balens from them and gives it to you and they get the item. Players have to have balens initially to purchase the items so people still do have to add Balens, but then balens can be distributed in game changing hands to where 1000 balens could sit in game for a long time just changing hands without money going into the game.  

Basically the same system I've seen in other games with the only difference being an external gained currency rather than an in game currency such as gold. But I could see why publishers would at all costs prevent implementing such a system. They do not want money circulating in the game, they want it consumed in the game.

Love what you do and do what you love.