Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 19, 2013 5:39 am

Re: My 2 cents for what it's worth

annsachd wrote:
Nornkitty wrote:
3. Realm abuse. Yes I am going to say it. I do not think it's fair for any group at all to have 2 guilds on both sides, period. As I see it, it's abuse of the realm faction and it is being used to only benefit "said group" when they see fit whenever they want to hop realms on a whim. Having choices in a game is great, we all love it, but when you make your choice to what realm you want, then that's the choice you are dealt with. This also causes an imbalance and an issue to those players who are new and want to join either Dione/Eos. I've seen questions in the SB asking why they can't join and it's because of whatever group keeps switching, that realm is at max population. Either they need to increase the population cap or what I am suggesting is this.  

IMHO ... Inactive players/players who quit and barely played alts with realms cause a larger imbalance for Realms than "realm hopping."  

I like this. Game needs a way to factor out inactive players when it comes to balance.

That being said, I have to agree with Req on #3; Total Interest in the game would have died by now, if Faction switching was not an option, because there would be no pvp. Optional pvp was the worst game decision any MMO can make. And if it's optional, there needs to be some major incentive to participate, or at least a mechanism which keeps participation equal.

I'll give you an example since I'm toying with Scarlet Blade a little.

They currently have 2 pvp events; 1 an hour.

Both have treasure chests with insanely high HP, which drop about 50 items every time you kill them. about 46 of those items are crap HP/SP pots, but the 4 that are good items, drive participation. Sometimes, a rare item pops up among the items as well.

Furthermore, they autoqueue by both total level counts, and by number of participants. If one faction only has 10 attending but the other faction has 30, typically, it'll be 10 vs 10, or 10 v 11. Granted, sometimes you end up getting the hose if you are in the dominant faction, but when there's an event every hour, PLUS maps that are 24/7 pvp, it doesn't really annoy you that much.

If DKO had a pvp map, and had a participation balancing factor, and a good reward (maybe Lv3 Potions, mixed with a few random II runes) Drop from some objective, pvp would be more exciting, and more healhy!

But as is, RPG Factory is dropping the ball when it comes to pvp.

Advertisement

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedMar 19, 2013 9:37 am
This game was promised many things that drove flocks of PvP oriented players to it and what we've seen thus far has been standard to what AGE has published. Within 3 months we've had little to no word of what we're going to be receiving. Sure, you've told us we'll be getting archer and a new area unlocked and the level cap but what of the aspects we were promised pre-CB? Where is the political system? Where is the alliance system? Where is the high octane PvP action we came here for? Where in the Hard is the item mall?

For once, I'm baffled.

juriezzamora

Rank 0
juriezzamora
PostedMar 19, 2013 7:09 pm
Requiem,

Split your guild members into two guilds!! You have "Requiem" on Dione, and "Req" on Eos. Tho your guild chat will be limited only to your guildmates, if you really wanted to balance the realm, I think you can try it too. LOL.

As I can see, you are d only guild that is capable of doing it, for now.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 20, 2013 12:32 am
Exactly, WE are a GUILD, supposed to play together, that is what a Guild is for. Why would Requiem have to split instead of the rest of the community actually starting to play together as a team?
The Anti-Requiem worked well while it had approx. 40 more people than Requiem had, we were still getting decent BP because Requiem works as a team, and yes, I am talking about Baston Siege.

So instead of blaming Requiem for everything, rather think about how you (the community) could improve your gameplay and do your purpose in PvP right.

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]

juriezzamora

Rank 0
juriezzamora
PostedMar 20, 2013 2:57 am
Dafuq are you saying dude?! You are too serious you're becoming so narrow minded. I'm not even an Anti-Requiem. I'm just SUGGESTING, and PARTLY KIDDING, that, as some of you have said you want a good PvP, then split your guild in two because that's the only thing I can THINK of now for the whole community.(because it is hard to think of a solution if the COMMUNITY doesn't want to help and become also the part of the problem, which is, as Pure said, the bandwagon and the non-participation of losing team's other members).

And wtf are you talking about TEAMS in DKO. As far as I know, there are no "teams" in DKO, only numbers. Even you, Reqs (and your allies), got outnumbered (sometimes) and even your said "team work" didn't do it.

And even without your said "team work", we can get decent BP even when losing. Best example is the RvR now. I do not even party with my guildmates or anyone, and still got many BP's. Tho I'm not into BP's anymore...I want exciting clash and neck-to-neck fights.

Your posts are so guild-centered, butt-hurt posts.
Pity on you. Later.

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedMar 20, 2013 4:22 am
@filip & @juriezzamora: offtopic - please discuss it via internal messages.
Thanks.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 20, 2013 4:29 am
juriezzamora wrote:
Dafuq are you saying dude?!  

Not nice.

juriezzamora wrote:

Your posts are so guild-centered, butt-hurt posts.
Pity on you. Later.  

I have no reason to feel the way you mentioned, as I am enjoying the game and successful in it.

Since this Topic has went off topic many times already, I suggest a lock.

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedMar 20, 2013 7:30 am

Re: My 2 cents for what it's worth

Rekikyo wrote:
annsachd wrote:
Nornkitty wrote:
3. Realm abuse. Yes I am going to say it. I do not think it's fair for any group at all to have 2 guilds on both sides, period. As I see it, it's abuse of the realm faction and it is being used to only benefit "said group" when they see fit whenever they want to hop realms on a whim. Having choices in a game is great, we all love it, but when you make your choice to what realm you want, then that's the choice you are dealt with. This also causes an imbalance and an issue to those players who are new and want to join either Dione/Eos. I've seen questions in the SB asking why they can't join and it's because of whatever group keeps switching, that realm is at max population. Either they need to increase the population cap or what I am suggesting is this.  

IMHO ... Inactive players/players who quit and barely played alts with realms cause a larger imbalance for Realms than "realm hopping."  

I like this. Game needs a way to factor out inactive players when it comes to balance.

(clipping long and well thought post)  

Thank you for recognizing my post wasn't to troll but a legitimate concern. And aye, something needs to be considered in the future. ;p Although, how I'm not sure. Inactivity for x amount of time = not being counted? Still, alts that are used for bank/storing/personal shops with Realms would still be a huge factor as they would still be logged into too frequently to remove from the count. :s

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedMar 20, 2013 9:42 am
Staying on topic here but there really are no incentives anymore for the PvP content in the game. No real rewards worth fighting for or over other than a buff and GP/BP. Castle siege you get a castle just as a mere status thing.

The way the PvP system is set up right now and the content is so slow coming out with anything at all for people who like PvE and PvP or both peoples interest in the game has been waning. I'm not bashing anyone but like Rekikyo said, it is all about the number games and people simply will not go and fight if the numbers ARE imbalanced to another sides favor it's simple as that. No I am not bashing any guild but my point was that doing what has been going on is creating an imbalance and it really is not helping for a solution anymore.

This PvP structure in the game has no strategy, it's just an all out fight lag fest. That is why I made my points about it. It has and always will be, just about numbers and it really needs balance to where it IS fun for all.

-Norn-

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedMar 20, 2013 1:19 pm
I also want to say or add to what Rekikyo said about rewards for RvR/Castle siege.
Like he stated give a box like you would get in an instance for guild/party if that ever comes that has drops for certain jobs that are geared for PvP or PvE. Sure we get BP to spend on some accessories but what I'm talking about is a full PvP set.

I would suggest you can get sets for certain level tiers but since the level cap was, not sure if it is now so easy to hit I would say making it a level 40 set that has stat bonuses geared for PvP.

If we ever do get raid or instances for guilds/parties/alliances then those could be geared for PvE with stat bonuses.

You could either have individual pieces have their own bonuses or did what you did with the desert water gear that when you have all pieces equipped the full set gives bonuses but either way you still get bonuses no matter what.

Also maybe have PvP weapons as well other than an armor set.

-Norn-