melfex88

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Few questions about the future of DK

I saw the korean version of the game and i notice a new class there, an archer?
Will we get it as well in near future?

The max lvl right now is 42 which is pretty annoying because i can't max few skill that i want to!
However i wonder will they increase the lvl cap? And does anyone know what is the max lvl in the korean version right now?

And please do something about the str stat from the points!
Each str invested gives 1 dmg, its a pure waste of points.

I don't see the logic here
1 int gives 6 magic attack
1 str gives 1 physical attack

Why?
Advertisement

Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2013 5:36 pm
ok first thing entering Archer into the search field for the forums listed 222 posts for DKO. so ill let you just go check that out.

Secondly the Korean version and our version of DKO are drastically different so whatever level cap they have we may or may not get so knowing the lvl cap of their version is not really necessary or accurate information.

1 int = 6 matk for sorceress it is 5 for shadowmage 5 magic attack = 1 dmg so that's not as broken as you may be thinking it is.

Now while 42 more damage and 21 crit rate may not seem huge, and in fact in comparison to other stats it is overshadowed. A full strength warrior with the same gear and enchants as a warrior who put there points into other stats will hit for more damage sometimes considerably more depending on critical hits atk speed etc. There is also scaling to consider skills give a modifier so that 42 more damage may be more like 60 damage before critical hits etc. are taken into effect.

The str/int stats are there to maximize dps if that's what you want to do, take them. If you want a more balanced character than put points into another stat.

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 18, 2013 5:53 pm   Last edited by deatheater59 on Mar 28, 2013 6:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Archers are coming soon!The level cap patch is on the way as well.
Have a nice day
[GS]Phoenix

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 18, 2013 5:59 pm
deatheater59 wrote:
Archers are coming soon!The level cap patch is on the way as well. Although I can't give much detail but things will be happening quite soon.Make sure you keep your eyes and ears open.

Have a nice day
[GS]Phoenix  
Just a question (not asking for dates) Are we going to take at first the Lv50 cap then Lv75 or are we gonna jump directly to the Lv75 patch?

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 18, 2013 6:01 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
deatheater59 wrote:
Archers are coming soon!The level cap patch is on the way as well. Although I can't give much detail but things will be happening quite soon.Make sure you keep your eyes and ears open.

Have a nice day
[GS]Phoenix  
Just a question (not asking for dates) Are we going to take at first the Lv50 cap then Lv75 or are we gonna jump directly to the Lv75 patch?  

Honestly after speaking with DropKick he told me it is all up to Taz and his collab with the developers. But whatever the case maybe you can expect a level cap raise I just don't know the specifics.

melfex88

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2013 1:52 am
deatheater59 wrote:

Have a nice day
[GS]Phoenix  

Great news Smile!

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedMar 19, 2013 3:09 am
Bryan.Fury wrote:
...Just a question (not asking for dates) Are we going to take at first the Lv50 cap then Lv75 or are we gonna jump directly to the Lv75 patch?  

Based on Korean version - Level cap should be 60.
In any case, just one continent for 42-75 levels is not enough... IMHO, 60 would be ok.
Of cause, depends on how fast You can reach it and when is the next update...

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 19, 2013 5:25 am
Level Cap increases will depend on content releases, obviously you will need to have spots and mobs to grind up to a certain level.
We have no detailed or accurate information, as Phoenix said, it all depends on Taz, but do not expect a drastic cap increase. The cap will most likely be increased slightly with every content update.

iv5d

Rank 1
iv5d
PostedMar 27, 2013 4:04 pm
I agree With Flip.................If they increase The cap the Will Need More Mobs/More Place to grind........Otherwise IT'LL be a **** hard to lvl up

ruitea

Rank 0
ruitea
PostedMar 28, 2013 8:06 am
For both a sorceress and shadowmage, 1 INT = 8 matk. this does not stack on as 8 flat damage towards our skills. There is more math involved.

Also realize it's because we spam skills for damage (cooldowns/casting time) whereas melee classes, well, their purpose is that they can attack a lot more in the same time frame via autoattack and attack speed. (ex. 5 melee attacks in 2 sec vs. 1 skill cast in 2 sec) So it makes sense that we'd get a bit more damage towards our skill damage.

The Korean version is drastically different from ours beyond just the level cap issue.
The skills we have are slightly different. They don't use skill trees for example.
Korean players would just find the best skill tree path and it would become universal, so there's no point, whereas in the west, skill trees are believed to create uniqueness to each character.
Gamers' preferences differ.

Though many things will be taken from the Korean version, this fact needs to be realized as well. The time it takes to bring things over to this version becomes longer too considering they have to create some obviously new coding, icons, skill descriptions, images, etc. Don't be surprised if it takes a little time.