Sleeves1994

Rank 0
Sleeves1994
PostedMar 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Malware?

I was browsing through the offers section, specifically looking for video AP offers since they're the most reliable. I clicked on one and it worked just fine, redirecting me to the company's page and letting me watch videos. I even double checked to make sure the redirect service was legitimate.

So, I got 2 AP and everything was fine. I clicked another offer but this time it redirected me to a malware site! I double checked and yes, it was malicious and has absolutely nothing to do with the offers posted. I know Aeria isn't responsible for the content of those offers but I wasn't expecting to get MALWARE!!
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
minuzaki
PostedMar 16, 2013 4:00 pm
As you stated, Aeria isn't responsible for the sites that give free offers. Here is a cool guide on how to prevent some of the spam/virus risks that come along with browsing these sites.

Sleeves1994

Rank 0
Sleeves1994
PostedMar 16, 2013 4:24 pm
minuzaki wrote:
As you stated, Aeria isn't responsible for the sites that give free offers. Here is a cool guide on how to prevent some of the spam/virus risks that come along with browsing these sites.  

Thanks!

Sleeves1994

Rank 0
Sleeves1994
PostedMar 16, 2013 4:43 pm
minuzaki wrote:

Would Sandboxie protect me from cookie grabbers?

minuzaki

Rank 4
minuzaki
PostedMar 16, 2013 7:45 pm
Sleeves1994 wrote:
minuzaki wrote:

I'm not entirely sure, seeing as I'm not an expert in the technical field. Sorry. x.x You could try replying to the thread.

Gwynn59

Rank 0
PostedJul 26, 2013 8:53 am
Yeah, we went through the same thing with those free ap offers. What a bunch of crap! I can't tell you how disappointed I am that you guys offer this stuff and it comes with malware attached. I am sure that while you are not responsible for the content, at the same time you should go that extra step or two and get in legitimate offers that don't have malware attached. There must be something else you could do than to offer your customers up as sacrificial lambs to these parasites. We trust you to offer a safe site and this is what we get? I think it IS your responsibility to ensure the safety of your customers from malicious tampering with our computers.

If this keeps up, you will probably start losing people because no one wants an unsafe environment and there are other game sites to go to that aren't going to offer us up to sites loaded with predators.

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedJul 26, 2013 8:56 am
Gwynn59 wrote:
Yeah, we went through the same thing with those free ap offers. What a bunch of crap! I can't tell you how disappointed I am that you guys offer this stuff and it comes with malware attached. I am sure that while you are not responsible for the content, at the same time you should go that extra step or two and get in legitimate offers that don't have malware attached. There must be something else you could do than to offer your customers up as sacrificial lambs to these parasites. We trust you to offer a safe site and this is what we get? I think it IS your responsibility to ensure the safety of your customers from malicious tampering with our computers.

If this keeps up, you will probably start losing people because no one wants an unsafe environment and there are other game sites to go to that aren't going to offer us up to sites loaded with predators.  

Aeria cannot protect idiot users from themselves. If an offer looks too good to be true it prolly is.

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedJul 26, 2013 10:14 am
Sleeves1994 wrote:
minuzaki wrote:

Yes it does. Just make sure when you end the session follow the instructions of "deleting" the active window in sandboxie. Also I would suggest only using it for things like the AP offers and such, and not for personal information related matters.