MidoriMagira

Rank 0
MidoriMagira
PostedMar 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Grand Fantasia has stopped working for a friend

Ever since the 3/12/13 patch...
So my friend and I have been playing GF for quite a while now, and everything has been fine and dandy until just this last patch. The game works perfectly fine for me still, but it won't load at all for my friend. After she clicks that START button, nothing! Not even an error message or something to tell her what's wrong.

We've tried everything, a Full Scan, running as Admin, manual patching using the newest manual patch... We even reinstalled the game twice. None of her firewalls have found anything suspicious about the game.

Grand Fantasia does appear in her processes when she opens up the task manager, but no game client appears or anything, and it doesn't show up in her Tasks menu either. I haven't really seen any topics regarding an issue like this, but I really hope she's not the only person with this problem.

By the way, she is a Windows 7 user, and she's never switched computers/laptops or anything. The game stopped working for her since the last patch.
Advertisement

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 15, 2013 2:39 pm
Make sure UAC is turned off (user account control). Sometimes it will "start" a process but not start it, if that makes any sense at all.

You can shut this off by typing UAC into the search bar of the start menu.

When the game updates, files do get changed and will sometimes flag UAC, or antivirus and firewalls, but you've said that AV and FW are both okay, so I'm going to attempt to rule that out.

MidoriMagira

Rank 0
MidoriMagira
PostedMar 16, 2013 10:42 am
cmartly48 wrote:
Make sure UAC is turned off (user account control). Sometimes it will "start" a process but not start it, if that makes any sense at all.

You can shut this off by typing UAC into the search bar of the start menu.

When the game updates, files do get changed and will sometimes flag UAC, or antivirus and firewalls, but you've said that AV and FW are both okay, so I'm going to attempt to rule that out.  

We took your UAC suggestion and even disabled/permitted GF through all the firewalls, but the problem still persists :c Do you think there's anything else we can try?