tootbrush

Rank 0
PostedMar 15, 2013 10:08 am
Hmm, yeah, this thing will stay off of my PC until there's an Akamai NetSession-free version. Or a version that installs NetSession when I let Ignite download something, not when I launch Ignite.

Other than that, Ignite is pretty much exactly like what a certain other F2P publisher attempted (and abandoned? Not sure). By which I mean that it has the same flaw: it downloads the installers for the games. Steam, for example, is convenient because it downloads the game files, not the installer. As long as Ignite doesn't do that, it's equivalent to the downloaders you have for your various games, i.e. it's yet another step of inconvenience between me and the game.

PS: Incidentally, the downloaders still make me rage. LET ME CHOOSE WHERE TO DOWNLOAD THE INSTALLER, GODDAMMIT! You have no business on my system SSD.
Advertisement

Reirhianna

Rank 0
PostedMar 15, 2013 8:50 pm
Get rid of ignite. Waste of Aeria's money and my hard drive space. I don't want it on my system, yet I'm forced to have it if I download a certain game. That kind of made me hesitate to even play the game.

charlie.hill

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 8:14 pm
Getting rid of Ignite would probally make it much better. What is the purpose of running a secondary system draining application on your computer when it is not needed for the games coding to properly work? Heck I am to the point where all my games I open also kill's explorer.exe simply because it isn't needed an can directly effect game performance. If you ask me ignite is the silliest thing a GAMING company could do by limiting the ability of people to play their games by forcing them to run secondary app's. I understand they wish ppl who play their games to have money.....so they can buy stuff in games.....and people without money have pc's that have these issues, so my complaint will never even be looked upon as more than a simple rant, but none the less, it is true that ignite is not needed in the least for their games to work.....I played EE before they even release ignite, and it worked perfectly fine then. Just my 2 cents.

IHTP

Rank 2
IHTP
PostedMar 27, 2013 11:40 am
Liked ignite til today, you forgot to put the log in button for the new screen, luckily I can still play SB since they do have the log in button

GM_Hadouken

GameMaster: USA
PostedMar 27, 2013 11:45 am
IHTP wrote:
Liked ignite til today, you forgot to put the log in button for the new screen, luckily I can still play SB since they do have the log in button  

IHTP

Rank 2
IHTP
PostedMar 27, 2013 1:19 pm
To log into ignite itself, there is log in button at the bottom where you have to put name and password and pressing enter won't work.

GM_Hadouken

PostedMar 27, 2013 1:21 pm
odd.

For me, I can just hit "enter" after I type in my password and it will accept it, but I will let the team know and see if there is something that can be done.

Thanks for the info!

IHTP

Rank 2
IHTP
PostedMar 27, 2013 2:43 pm
I can hit enter it will go the next screen but it's blank, thought it was just delaying upload but after several minutes it's still blank and I have to a altctrldel to clear from my screen since it locks up. Other than ignite not loading for username everthing else works fine as far as I can tell games work.

IHTP

Rank 2
IHTP
PostedMar 27, 2013 3:00 pm
Scratch that last comment, turns out I can't play any game using ignite luckily I can play the games just not through ignite, where is says log onto aeria I get a mobile message the only problem I'm not using a mobile platform, I'm using my computer

GM_Hadouken

PostedMar 27, 2013 3:02 pm
IHTP

I would suggest doing a clean reinstall of Ignite, check these steps:

1) Turn off Ignite
2) Go to your control panel and go to "add/remove programs" (Type appwiz.cpl in the search box on Windows Vista or newer systems)
3) Find Akamai Netsession and delete any version of it that shows up)
4) Go to C:\ProgramData\Aeria Games\Ignite and delete the Data folder (the ProgramData directory is hidden, so you will need to turn on hidden files and folders to get there)
5) Restart Ignite

If this does not work please let us know.