Arlaka

Rank 0
PostedDec 20, 2012 11:25 am

Suggestions for combat improvement

Sorry if this repeats what someone else posted but I didn't want to sift through 24 pages of suggestions lol. My ideas, and if they're yours too then great minds think alike:

1) Give full control of combat to the PLAYERS!! Letting the computer control combat should be an OPTION not a RULE.

2) Make combat more tactical. Archers should *not* be able to shoot all the way across the battlefield. They should have to move into range. Maybe they should be able to shoot halfway, which makes controlling the center area important (like chess).

3) I read elsewhere that high agility will have one unit moving ahead of others and it can actually be disadvantageous when the enemy moves into attack position and gets a free attack on them essentially. If players have total control of their troop's movements, then the higher agility will give them a higher initiative only so they can choose when to move and maybe add movement squares to their maximum.

4) Chopping down Christmas trees shouldn't level the character so rapidly. I cut down 2 trees and the game said I was able to attack players, which meant I'm also able to be attacked. I was barely out of the short tutorial and went from about level 2 to 10 after cutting the 1st tree actually, then 13 after the 2nd tree. I was still figuring out how to play.

5) Dungeons. The monster's description I came across may say "bats" or "giants" but when I actually entered combat the troop buildup was IDENTICAL. They all had one unit of bats and one unit of giants. I think they should have 3 of that unit type and a range unit just to give them some way to soften up enemy melee units. Also, vary their combat AI so they don't just use the same run at each other technique.

6) Spells or skills that can be used in battle. Even if its just "Choose 1 out of 3 per battle" and you had options based on your Character's class. Or have all 3 but only 1 per turn and usable once per battle. Just *something* to give your Character an actual personal way to affect the outcome.

7) A physical representation of your Character in combat. You can incorporate the spells/skills in #6 but with the added effect that if your Character "dies" they cannot use their abilities in the battle, but will be back after combat is over so they can participate in the next battle (until they die again).

8 ) A full-screen option. F11 didn't do much and since I run a 22" monitor I saw a lot of wasted space. A zoomed-in game would be a lot easier to see and promote less eye strain.

Now for what is done RIGHT:

1) Coupons as an alternative to speeding upgrades along or making purchases from the cash shop. I always admire when a company gives alternate methods of obtaining item mall essentials by earning them.

2) I liked the music. I wanted to say the game's atmosphere but since I couldn't control my undead army, I didn't get to feel immersed in the game experience.
Advertisement

DeputyJ

Rank 0
PostedDec 21, 2012 4:22 pm
dont be such greedy freaking *******

GhostLord72

Rank 0
GhostLord72
PostedJan 01, 2013 2:26 am

hero diversity

been playing for about 6 or 7 months now, and just realized something. you have different races like humans dwarves and elves, but other than a few bluish undead pretty much everyone is white. was just wondering if maybe sometime in the future if maybe you could introduce a drow elf hero or something along those lines to add a little more diversity. just a thought, let me know what you think.

reddog1069

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Farm Boss???

possible perm feature
With the addition of cultivation to the game people are finding it more difficult to come by. The farm events are to few and far inbetween and was hoping maybe a permanent farm boss for silver could be implemented. Alot like the most recent Santa boss. People still went thru crazy troops trying to get rewards but the silver made it worth it. Maybe add a permanent boss that we could access thru weekly donation of 5 gold? Once paid you can access the boss unlimited still costing the 3 energy but we still get the silver out of each run regardless of any drops. The level of the boss could cost 5g for a 90 boss and 10g for 105 lvl boss. It would keep people spending and give us something to look forward to daily. The world boss is nice but time slots make it tough and lets be honest...if you are not in top 3 the rewards really arent worth it.

Wark007

Rank 0
Wark007
PostedMar 13, 2013 4:09 pm
Have clash of the gods be level dependant instead of having level 120s fighting 40s. do it every 10 levels every 20 levels, but just something to make it more interesting for everyone.

KatKat1231

Rank 2
KatKat1231
PostedMay 07, 2013 5:17 pm
I think that there should be VIP weekly prizes, and VIP levels, just like in DDTank.

masobrancaleone

Rank 0
masobrancaleone
PostedJun 17, 2013 1:34 pm
USERS! DEVS, GAMERS!
I come here to make a suggestion.
Servers are low on population yet people keep asking for new servers.
Some people have asked for a server to be on EU time.

suggestion:
If we had World Boss, Clash of titans, etc, 3 or even 4 times a day (so to accommodate users with different timezones) servers would have more activity, we would have more fun, aeria won't have to open new empty servers and everyone will live happily ever after, apart those who want a new server so they can be toplayers (wanabees)....

just an idea

Tellus1814

Rank 0
PostedJun 18, 2013 12:22 pm
masobrancaleone wrote:
USERS! DEVS, GAMERS!
suggestion:
If we had World Boss, Clash of titans, etc, 3 or even 4 times a day (so to accommodate users with different timezones) servers would have more activity, we would have more fun, aeria won't have to open new empty servers and everyone will live happily ever after, apart those who want a new server so they can be toplayers (wanabees)....

just an idea  

I agree! I've asked for a new server euro time, but this solution would also help alot!

In addition I would suggest that you add a rotation in clash. Right now, if the top player on the server enters first, he will be unbeaten, and always wipe out the other side. This results in him getting almost all the points, and the low lvl players none. in the end this leaves clash dead, because people see no point in entering just to feed the top player.

batz43

Rank 0
PostedJul 02, 2013 6:26 pm
ADD CHAT BOX
there needs to be a chat window for minister commander and archon in alliance, for them to coordinate things for war. is tough when have 5 people that have to whisper eachother all the time

dorsman

Rank 0
PostedJul 21, 2013 3:09 pm

sugetion

hi
they should increase the percentage of gaining rare items when opening level 4and5 chest to many usles crap out of them