Gahloman

Rank 0
Gahloman
PostedMar 07, 2013 4:54 pm
That shouldn't be happening. Have you tried making a copy of the file, editing outside of the remote location of your AeriaGames folder and moved it back? Or have you tried opening Notepad first, then importing the file and modifying it like that?

More importantly, which OS are you currently running?

Advertisement

mutantllama

Rank 0
mutantllama
PostedMar 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Problem Almost Solved

I edited it outside of it's original location and moved it back into the folder. As for my OS, I'm running Windows 8.

Unfortunately, I still get the Http: can't connect, waiting to retry download problem.

Don't let the rainclouds pee on your parade!

Gahloman

Rank 0
Gahloman
PostedMar 07, 2013 9:58 pm
Windows 8 still sometimes has issues running the game. It's hard to tell as only some people get issues and some people don't. Irrelevant since you managed to edit it and you're still having issues.

Have you tried allowing through firewalls/disabling firewalls or tried running the fullcheck.bat file inside of your EdenEternal folder yet?

sav402

Rank 0
sav402
PostedMar 11, 2013 10:29 pm
Unfortunately I'm having issues connecting to the game as well. Even though every time it seems to get closer to actually loading, it still fails due to the error. Here's a screen shot of one of my most recent attempts.

P.S. I've followed the steps in the original post, have tried running it in adiminstrator mode as well as with nothing else open with still no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.S. It seems that whenever I get this error, it makes it so I can't connect to the internet while the launcher is still open (closing the laucher fixes this and it's fine until this error shows up (my main internet browser is internet explorer), so there's that).

[IMG]http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27172&d=1363062556[/IMG]

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedMar 12, 2013 1:17 am
sav402 wrote:
Unfortunately I'm having issues connecting to the game as well. Even though every time it seems to get closer to actually loading, it still fails due to the error. Here's a screen shot of one of my most recent attempts.

P.S. I've followed the steps in the original post, have tried running it in adiminstrator mode as well as with nothing else open with still no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.S. It seems that whenever I get this error, it makes it so I can't connect to the internet while the launcher is still open (closing the laucher fixes this and it's fine until this error shows up (my main internet browser is internet explorer), so there's that).

[IMG]http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27172&d=1363062556[/IMG]  

Technically, this is the wrong thread for this issue. This is where you should have posted this particular issue. Is this the download from the web site, or from Aeria Ignite? If it's from the web, then uninstall it (or remove it and any Aeria Games/Eden Eternal directories from your HD if there isn't an uninstall. Note: only Eden Eternal, if you have other Aeria stuff leave that alone). Then download Ignite and use that to download and install Eden Eternal. If that still gives you issues, then do what is suggested in that link above; and if still not working then you'll need to submit a ticket here to get further help from a GM. If you do have to submit a ticket be sure to include everything that you've done, in the order that you've done them; so that whomever helps you knows exactly what you've done.

Welcome to EE and hope to see you in game soon! Very Happy

sav402

Rank 0
sav402
PostedMar 12, 2013 10:08 am
Thanks for the help, it's been a long time since I've played EE (I first downloaded the game on 1/24/12, which was back when the game was still in beta, so there's that).

eee.chan

Rank 0
eee.chan
PostedMar 27, 2013 11:36 am

Cannot Connect

Disconnects
Hey I've read the forum post, and i've done exactly what was told. It seems that countless people here are experiencing a disconnection after 5 sec when logged in. It is definetly not anti virus, or any programs that are blocking it - cause i've tried configuring the firewall and anti-virus. I even deleted my whole entire anti virus protection and it still doest work.

I was reading a post earlier that I could change the ports of the files named connect from connects, and nope still no luck. The ports ranges from "6543 - 6546" and I've changed all of those. I am almost 99% sure that its not from the anti virus software. I've even tried uninstalling and installing the game all over again, and the problem still reoccurs. Moreover, I have deleted _Launcher from the main directory of Eden Eternal, and running the game from the main client. I have even tried running Full_Check and re updated the patch for the client, and the crash still occurs.

Is there a solution to this? If this bug still exists many Eden Eternal players who experience the same issue as I - who does not find a fix to this may eventually leave. Please help me, and all the fellow members in the Eden Eternal community. Sad

Arasakii

Rank 0
PostedApr 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Character Loading...

When i sign in, and it says "Loading character list" It'll sit there for a while and after disconnect from the server... I was on not to long ago and just started doing this. Any ideas?

Arasakii

Rank 0
PostedApr 14, 2013 12:17 pm
Is Eden Having technical difficulties atm?

jewelkissme

Rank 0
PostedApr 14, 2013 12:28 pm
Ok I see there's a maintenance going on atm and I hope it's just that but after I choose a channel that's not down I get the message that my account is being used and then connection lost... Should I worry or just resetting the password would fix that?