sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedMar 08, 2013 11:08 am

WITH OR WITHOUT ARMOR -mob damage very little difference

Hi, dunno if this is just me but i've ran the gauntlet from Baston to Temple of Lost Gods like 1000x (over stating) since level 29. Now at level 42 with at least all +5 and greater armor, i still get hit by gauntlet mob with exactly the same damage as when I was level 29.

I tried running without body armor through the gauntlet and mob hit me 24 damage while 8 damage with body armor on. Considering I have +5 lv 40 body armor with 253 def it shows that it only reduces the mob hit by 16? So from level 29 vs level 42, i only gained total of 16 def from armor?

Doesn't make sense.

Any advise please.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 08, 2013 11:35 am
According to the numbers you brought up, Im assuming Defense is percentage based. It doesnt reduce damage taken for a set amount, but reduces the damage by a set percentage, depending on how much Defense you have.

Example: If 10 Defense would be 1% Damage reduction, with your 253 Defense you should have a total of 25% Damage reduction. So if you normally take 24 damage (the number may vary between 20-28, depending on the hit), reducing it by 25% you should be hit only 6 damage (may vary from 4-10 damage), so this assumption sounds about right.

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedMar 08, 2013 11:42 am
but the thing is the mob level and atk should not change so whatever hits u at level 29 should have a significant reduction in damage when you reach level 42.

Try running the gauntlet to the temple with and without body armor and see if I make sense.

"It's very difficult to soar with eagles when you're playing with turkeys.": - by unknown

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 08, 2013 12:22 pm
It was just an assumption, and it turned out to make sense. I'll test it on my main later.

blackdragon214

Rank 1
blackdragon214
PostedMar 08, 2013 1:54 pm
i have tested it and 10 armor blocks 1 damage not 1% so if you have 1000 armor you can stop 100 damage, at least from mobs
in pvp doesn't really seem to do anything
and yes the difference is not so big as from lvl 29 to 42 you probably had all skill that give you defense by lvl 29 and the increase of armor bonus from gear is not that big to make a huge difference

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You will find me there, staring out at you!

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 08, 2013 2:27 pm
I tested it too, and didnt get accurate results. I would need to know the damage reduction for level gaps. I did not calculate the (+XXXX) Armor, just the main one.

I tested with a Lv37 Ant outside of Emtlant.

Average damage taken with 733 Armor: 102
Average damage taken with 68 Armor (naked): 159

773 - 68 = 665 Armor => 66,5 damage reduction.

Im not a Math Genius, but these average numbers are not accurate enough to claim my theory is right. It is very close though.

sikhlord2

Rank 0
sikhlord2
PostedMar 08, 2013 3:12 pm
Thanks guys for checking this for me.

BTW, when I said 'body armor', i meant i removed only 1 piece of equipment (a lv 40 armor) and left the rest on (boots, gloves, helm, etc) to get a granular reading as compare to removing everything. Hence I remove 253 def from total (includes all buffs+blessing). It's very clear that the 253 def (from the +5 Aether's body armor) didn't give any significant increase in actual def from any mob. I didn't try it with any other piece of equipment so it may be unique on Aether or I may be wrong.

So bottom line is altho i spent tons of moolah upgrading armor and hours leveling furiously to the max cap 42, the stupid gauntlet skeletons and zombies were also upgrading their atk damage to match my efforts?

Just a big question mark in my view?