Valkita

Rank 2
Valkita
PostedMar 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Guild War Idea

I know they can't have have chars cross servers, but...
Hai,

I know they can have the option to have people visit the other server, but would it be possible to have a guild vs. guild where the top guilds from Diamond & Sapphire compete? Maybe it would be a good one time a year event.

~Val~

Advertisement

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedMar 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Guild War Idea

I know they can't have have chars cross servers, but...
Valkita wrote:
Hai,

I know they can have the option to have people visit the other server, but would it be possible to have a guild vs. guild where the top guilds from Diamond & Sapphire compete? Maybe it would be a good one time a year event.

~Val~  

I shook my head going "waaaahh?" at the bolded part, then i thought a minute, you can have characters on both servers and easily change servers, not sure if thats what you mean.

But +1 on this, i believe that they should add a option where both servers can interact, such as in GvG (outside of the elimination, where guilds from each server, or 2 guilds from 1 server itself, can come together and battle).

And, this should also be placed in the suggestions area.

CheeseMonkeyss

Rank 0
CheeseMonkeyss
PostedMar 06, 2013 9:03 pm
The only issue I can see with this is; what would happen to the people and Guilds that share the same name, since both servers have two different memory/storage things.

After all, when the servers (Garnet, Aqua, & Emerald) merged some people and Guilds had to change their name. If everyone within the participating Guilds were ported to a separate channel for this how would the game differentiate between the ones who shared similar names?

Besides that, I like this idea Very Happy

Synphie

Rank 0
Synphie
PostedMar 07, 2013 3:02 am
It would be total carnage. inb4 cross server pvp

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedMar 07, 2013 3:37 am
From what i heard from friends that moved from sapphire to diamond about the differences between the server, this idea might not go that well for the diamond guilds.

On paper its a nice idea, but there is a huge age difference between the servers giving sapphire an head start and an possible unfair advantage in pvp.

Valkita

Rank 2
Valkita
PostedMar 07, 2013 10:51 pm
Ohs srys ^_^; i meant that someone can't use their character on the other server. I know some people have suggested a sytem where people could use their character and jump between the servers, but most thought it wouldn't work (at least the chats i've been in ~ for various reasons).

I guess it could go in the suggestions, but really just wanted to know what people thought. Or if it would make a real suggestion XD

I thought it was interesting, but it seems like there would be too many complications :S

~Val~

beezubeezu

Rank 0
beezubeezu
PostedMar 08, 2013 3:57 pm
This would be an awesome idea!
I'm not 100% sure how stuff like this works, but I'm guessing that players would have to be individually transported to this "shared" server just for the war event. If the system worked like that (if there was another individual "shared" server), then there would be no issues over shared names and whatnot, but I don't know if Aeria would have a spare server to use like that. Or, if there ends up being an issue with shared names, then maybe they could append something to the visiting player's data to distinguish them as a different player. Not sure how it would work, but if they are going to go through with this idea, they'd be sure to distinguish players/names somehow.

What would be really awesome, if it was possible, is if others ( players not involved in the war) could come along to the shared server as well to observe the war and just have fun. If this was possible, perhaps players would be given a special item that will allow them access, and entry would be based on a list of players with that item rather than checking individual players.

Black.Lilium

Rank 0
Black.Lilium
PostedMar 08, 2013 4:35 pm
I'm no way a techy person or someone who'd understand the computery this-and-that behind EE but even if the GvG was a one per year event, wouldn't it cause a lot of sorting stuff out for the GMs to actually transfer a guild to another server and back? And which server would this Diamond/Sapphire GvG be held on?