LadieGaga

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 6:27 pm

territory Wars

add more
How about we have the Top 4 guilds own 3 territory's and 5th one own one. We need to open more Tw places and give other guild chances to own territory's.
Advertisement

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedMar 06, 2013 7:01 pm
Personally I liked the 2.0 TW better, even with the limited amount of territories. It revealed the power of the stronger guilds on each side, but also gave the casual player the chance of tasting victory. Now it's just a pwnfest with only a small handful of guilds controlling the top; it doesn't really attract the casual player anymore. I'm pretty sure there will be those who might flame me under the premise that TW is PvP and meant for those who are well-prepared, but from what I saw earlier today, the guilds with smaller populations don't make many attempts against the powerhouses on both sides anymore like they used to.

Just my 2 cents.

zadda123

Rank 0
zadda123
PostedMar 06, 2013 7:43 pm
PoolHooss wrote:
Personally I liked the 2.0 TW better, even with the limited amount of territories. It revealed the power of the stronger guilds on each side, but also gave the casual player the chance of tasting victory. Now it's just a pwnfest with only a small handful of guilds controlling the top; it doesn't really attract the casual player anymore. I'm pretty sure there will be those who might flame me under the premise that TW is PvP and meant for those who are well-prepared, but from what I saw earlier today, the guilds with smaller populations don't make many attempts against the powerhouses on both sides anymore like they used to.

Just my 2 cents.  

I've played EE since CB and done Territory wars since it started but you are the first person I've seen comment that TW 2.0 is better than TW 1.0.

TW 1.0 was based on how well a guild can strategize on the map/terrain. While 2.0 is just a flat open space. Let's not forget that in 1.0 the longer the guild owns the map the worst their debuff is.

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedMar 06, 2013 7:53 pm
I kinda feel like TW 2.0 was built for a server with a large amount of players, x3-5 larger than both diamond and sapphire combined. I believe that they should expand the amount of TW zones (farther than Arid Wilds), such as going to shiver peak, this would allow other guilds besides the top 3-4 guilds + 1 random to own them.

TW 1.0 I'm not completely sure, it was based on strategy yes, but it's also random, a guild with 8% could of won even though a guild had 33%+ which kind of made no sense to me but to try to keep things balanced.

PoolHooss

PoolHooss
PostedMar 06, 2013 7:55 pm
The main reason I state this is because I started playing at a time when 1.0 was around but being in a small guild, I wasn't able to participate in it. By the time my guild became capable, the patch for 2.0 was released. So I have never experienced the 1.0 TW. Sorry I forgot to mention that. But yes, I heard that 1.0 was even better than 2.0.

Mocarze

Rank 1
Mocarze
PostedMar 06, 2013 8:08 pm
You know what would be even cooler? An extra territory war every weekday that was under a different system. Best of both worlds, yeh? Wink

Animositiy

Rank 0
Animositiy
PostedMar 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Re: territory Wars

add more
LadieGaga wrote:
How about we have the Top 4 guilds own 3 territory's and 5th one own one. We need to open more Tw places and give other guild chances to own territory's.  

In time they will i assume '-'.. since before when u check what guild owns what territory

it only went as far as this region, then 3 more then 4 more blue icon thingy

derakidol

Rank 0
PostedMar 08, 2013 8:47 pm
How about some consideration to what the "stronger" guilds will think about it.

Something like this happened before in our server. Our side had the 3 guilds with 3 territory vs the other big guild. 3-1 on crystal allocation with our side on the lead. And when TW ends, a guild with 1 person who was just capping won that territory because they were 4th in points on our side while the 1st-2nd-3rd guilds already have max territory. Do they (or rather does he/she) deserve that win? Does the guild deserve that territory? Does the guild who didn't even try to make a party, had 1 person to join, was teamed luckily and won because of capping deserve a win/territory.

What I am saying is that, sure its cool and all that there are smaller guilds that do TW but the 3 territory cap is already giving a chance to other guilds.

aurorasoltice

aurorasoltice
PostedMar 08, 2013 11:00 pm
Imo tw 2.0 was kinda lame all with the random win system, however at the very least it was less boring compared to this one since almost all guilds have a chance to win. Unlike what we have atm, you have to admit once your guild have 3 territories, you'll lack the interest to go all out on other wars except when you're defending. I was in a guild with 3 territories almost all the time and it was kinda boring for me. On the other hand, for medium size-small guilds, they wont try much for any tw unless they're on the right side, say like what derak mentioned, you get all the strong guilds on your side and they happen to have 3 territories already.

Idk what to suggest lols

Posted By Aeria Mobile

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedMar 09, 2013 4:56 am
Im all for more territories, only problem is timing. To add more territories you will need to add a second time slot during the week and a complete revamp of the complete pvp scedule, and that will mean always disappointed players. Either EU people wont be happy or us/canada wont be cause they cant do TW or x arena.

As for the different TW versions discussion here my point of view:
TW 1.0: Very fun, but really focused to big guilds, small guild might be able to win cause of randomness but they wont enjoy defending their territory the week after as they will be steamrolled. And its aoe madness, so with current equips not that fun anymore

TW 2.0: heaven for small guilds, easy to grab a 8% random win. Really really really boring if you have stacked teams until maybe last 5 mins. People will still be complaining about being killed cause they would still give CCM. For bigger guilds this one is more frustrating imo, if you worked hard to get full xtals on your side and some small guild runs off with the win.

TW 3.0 rewarding for big guilds that pulled their effort in winning TW, really like the max 3 win on it so there isnt one guild controlling all of the territories. Where tw 1.0 looked like war this one looks like one even more with the win conditions (no random wins). And you actually gotta work to get a territory no lazing off and hope you win a territory with a 8% win.

Oh and i thought about it this way ever since FNO got TW 3 system (and i was in a small guild).