domosylph

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 9:25 am

Mail lvl 30?

Just a question, curious.
Hiyas everyone I am taking a moment to post here. I am just curious if this bugs anyone else. I have been playing EE since beta. I used to play DoMo back in the day and on more then a few occasions I have bought AP and such supporting Aeria. Now. My question is this... When I played back in the day, there were only two races available. Human and the mouse =) Cute as they are I prefered my human Cleric. So I used to mail my mouse all my crafting mats, treasure maps, house decor, scrolls etc. Now my main character is only level 45 for various reasons. I lost my acct for a long while. =( Now that I come back now, you must be level 30 to mail stuff to your OWN acct. O.o

This bugs me to no end. Its taken me quite some time to hit lvl 45 and I have been playing EE alone for the most part, the friends i used to play with no longer play =(. I am figuring the reason for this restriction is gold spammers? But does anyone else find it annoying that to have a hold character you need to level it to 30? If I am mailing to my own account I cant understand WHY the restriction? I could see if I was mailing someone else, but to myself? =(

Welp just curious, thanks all for taking the time to read and reply if you do reply =) much appreciated. Thank you so much everyone, be well )O(
Advertisement

jamdoughnut

Rank 2
jamdoughnut
PostedMar 05, 2013 9:45 am
it's just to stop lower level players being able to buy gold - if they can't trade or send mail, they can't recieve the gold they've bought with irl money =o

DrokMJ

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 9:57 am
You can receive mail at any level, silly Donut.

jamdoughnut

Rank 2
jamdoughnut
PostedMar 05, 2013 10:50 am
DrokMJ wrote:
You can receive mail at any level, silly Donut.  

;x wow okguy, I derped, silly midget.

domosylph

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 5:20 pm
Yah you can receive mail and open it even at that low level, still doesnt answer the question tho... Why wouldnt we be able to mail to our own SAME acct. If memory serves, you cant make duplicate names. And I mailed myself mats before I realized that I wouldnt be able to send them back. I returned them but cant mail myself any of the mats I had been collecting over a year ago. =( I dont know it just bugs me, and it is why I am going to stop playing.

Till either the EE team takes a look at maybe fixing this or making it a bit easier for the casual player.

ShAd0wMaGe

Rank 1
ShAd0wMaGe
PostedMar 05, 2013 6:02 pm
sorry if it makes you personally stop playing.
its a waste and a shame.
but i have to say id rather lose a minimal amount of players that disagree...
then go back to the rampant gold farming hunters/bots/ etc that this feature put a stop to.
again im sorry this makes you not want to play but..it helped, was needed,is needed, and should stay.

limiting gold sellers is worth a few losses :/

CheeseMonkeyss

Rank 0
CheeseMonkeyss
PostedMar 05, 2013 6:58 pm
The level 30 mail restriction was implemented into the game a while back (possibly early to mid 2012). It's to prevent scammers and gold sellers from selling gold and items out to the general population, if I remember correctly.

On a side note, a person can't use the Auction House until they reach 30 as well, unless this changed and I wasn't aware. A lot of things in this game start at 30; Mail, TW, AH, Racial Crafting, 3v3, and MBA are the first ones to come to mind, there might be some others I just can't remember at the moment. 30 seems to be the lucky number for this game.

It's not too hard to get a mule up to 30, it can be done in a day or over the weekend. I'm a casual player, I can't play the game everyday like I could during summer break. As things are now, I only get to play from Fri-Sun. Yet, I still think it doesn't take very long, just the weekend is all. So personally I don't see anything wrong with the level 30 restriction. I'm rather glad for it, like the person above me stated. It keeps the gold sellers to a minimum compared to how badly the game use to be flooded.

As for why the devs have it so a person can't send mail to their own account, when their own character is under 30 to another character of the same account, because the devs don't have it programmed so we can. You'd have to take it up with X-Legends.

That's what the Archive is for; to pass items between characters of the same account, however, not everything is archivable sadly.

This probably doesn't help you much, but I don't know what else to tell you except level up, so you can use the items from your alt again.

domosylph

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 11:56 pm
ShAd0wMaGe wrote:
sorry if it makes you personally stop playing.
its a waste and a shame.
but i have to say id rather lose a minimal amount of players that disagree...
then go back to the rampant gold farming hunters/bots/ etc that this feature put a stop to.
again im sorry this makes you not want to play but..it helped, was needed,is needed, and should stay.

limiting gold sellers is worth a few losses :/  

Thats jsut it tho, I am NOT a gold farmer I am NOT trying to mail stuff to other ppl I am trying however to retrieve it from my own alt. Matter of fact I have world chat turned off JUST so i dont have to see stupid ppl spamming for gold. Its beyond annoying. But I also think its kind of stupid that we cannot mail our OWN accts until lvl 30. It wasnt like this when i played a while ago.

Also like i said, I was only reaching out to see if others in the community think that this is a bit excessive. Or that maybe they can possibly figure out how we can mail between our acct. It shouldnt matter if we mail ourselves I am not attempting to mail other ppl.

I figured that maybe if I wasnt alone in the way I feel "maybe" just maybe the devs would take into consideration fixing this issue.

TY all and be well! =)

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedMar 06, 2013 3:54 am
A way to get items from a lower then 30 alt is if you are in a guild with guild town (and guild warehouse). Ask the leader if that alt can be in the guild and you can transfer items between that alt and you if you need them right away and lvl it up slowly in the future.
lvl 1-30 can use the guild warehouse freely like a personal bank that is the only way to exchange non achievable items between chars on the same account other then mail.