Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 05, 2013 12:33 pm
Then you should revise your strategy for beating Ruby. All you need to succesfully beat her 35 times is a team of 5 Cost 1 Pixies (preferably Gold Framed, but if you just started out, Silver Framed ones are fine too) and a good friend/Guild to help you out with Assists.

One of my favorite aspects of Pirate Maidens is that you can basically achieve any goal as long as you have good friends who are willing to help you out (this often means a dedicated Guild, but not necesarily), which makes this a very social app. Ofcourse, you can try to solo the game, but that will make it much more difficult to achieve your goals.

But to come back to the original point, the ONLY Persuadable Boss that I can think of that is actually "top tier" is Black Bonny Sisay, since she currently has the best ATK:Cost ratio in the game, but she's useless if your strategy is to powerhit players (attack with as much Attack as possible in 1 single hit). There are some other mediocore Bosses, such as Ellan or Audrey, but that's really about it.
Advertisement

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: Really?

Goewolfgg wrote:
I am new to the game, I think I am in chapter 5 I've only successfully free persuaded twice. I have missed out on some good cards as such. I just completed my second set of bottles and those pirates are ok. Your comment about defeating ruby the 30-35 times necessary is misleading. New players such as myself continue to die and lose after level 15 you can only get help from a friend every8 hours also.  

I completely understand this frustration. Despite this, I highly suggest asking around for opinions, or visiting the Pirate Maidens Wiki, which has a nice set of information that could help you.

http://piratemaidens.wikia.com/wiki/Pirate_Maidens_Wiki

Please keep in mind that even new players CAN kill Raid Bosses over 35 times for the SR cards; they simply don't know how to do it properly. My main suggestion for raid boss events is to make pirates with a very high Attack to Cost ratio. There's a hint for you.

Regarding Pirate Persuasion, please realize that you CANNOT get any pirates over 4 stars. Because of this, I sincerely suggest not concerning yourself with obtaining pirates from persuasion, and focusing more on the event.

I've played Pirate Maidens for merely a month and am still learning its mechanics. Despite this, I'm doing very well with the Ruby Event.

Goewolfgg

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
Goewolfgg
PostedMar 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Further elaboration please

Thank you for information thus far. I have joined the guild K-on , what steps can they give me to reach a level 35 defeat level on ruby? Speaking to wink rescues I recently did the 2000 wink 11 pirate rescue and provided pirates were star level 2 and below. I would really like to have the ruby pirate rare if at all possible. My ingame name is Goemon if you can help.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Re: Further elaboration please

Goewolfgg wrote:
Thank you for information thus far. I have joined the guild K-on , what steps can they give me to reach a level 35 defeat level on ruby? Speaking to wink rescues I recently did the 2000 wink 11 pirate rescue and provided pirates were star level 2 and below. I would really like to have the ruby pirate rare if at all possible. My ingame name is Goemon if you can help.  

The above player gave it away: Enhance the 1-star, 1-cost pixies to Gold Frame, and you already have a team that has over 2500 attack with only 5 cost. Of course, the boss's defense gets higher as its level goes up, so the above strategy works only to a certain extent, but you also have your assists, as well as event pirates that can add in to the damage.

The above method is probably very effective up to level 20 of the boss; over that, you should probably consider getting higher rated pirates (for me, it's Gold Humitas), since the multipliers give higher bonuses to stronger pirates.

Of course, explaining the math is going to take a while, so let me rephrase all of that in one sentence.

A team of Gold Merom Pixies will take you easily to Level 20 of the boss. After that, consider getting other Gold Pirates like Humita, so you can benefit more from the bonus pirates or be less affected by the raid boss's defense.

TheRealShrad

Rank 0
TheRealShrad
PostedMar 05, 2013 3:35 pm
I would quote, but am on phone so I can't atm, but you said you were on chap 5 and have succeded twice... I have almost completed all 3 stories and have only succeded thrice... This is partly because I played before persuation rates were increased.

EDIT: I mean story bosses, not random encounters, dunno if you counted them :/

Posted By Aeria Mobile