raydoug45

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Viruses?!

Does Akaimi Netsession Client Contain a virus?
Hi, I want to play DK online but I have to agree to Akaimi's terms and agreements. I did some research and found mixed reviews on whether or not Akaimi contains a virus or not. Can I get some responses from players that have already downloaded the game? Thanks in advance. Smile
Advertisement

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 04, 2013 4:57 pm
Akamai is a program used to download client based games. And when players say that Akamai has a "virus". It is probably a false positive. I have had numerous AGE games on my PC (all of which use Akamai) and so far haven't been infected with a virus. After the game is downloaded you may uninstall Akamai. But please keep in mind that when you install another AGE game you will automatically have Akamai installed.

Have a nice day
[GS]Phoenix

LadyBorderlinex

Rank 5
PostedMar 05, 2013 8:24 am
Akamai is a huge provider online.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/02/27/what-makes-akamai-one-of-americas-best-companies.aspx for more information about the company.

While its service at Aeria has been shotty at times, they are a major distributor for other companies like Apple, Microsoft, Amazon and Facebook. It loads silently on your computer as it is used to deliver services for other companies. Many people who do not understand its purpose find this suspicious and intrusive.

For Fun Reading: Aeria even partook in a case study with Akamai. http://www.akamai.com/html/customers/case_study_aeria_games.html

Queen of Unnecessarily Long Youtube Videos Used To Report Multi-clienting

gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
PostedMar 05, 2013 12:21 pm
There are no virus on the Akami program.

If your anti virus program shows Akami with a virus, its false positive. I know AVG always pops up with a lot of false positive. All you have to do to fix it is make sure Akami is on the exemption list.