TakaraTaji

Rank 0
TakaraTaji
PostedMar 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Dual clienting

Just want to verify if the inability to dual client is a glitch or a fix. I keep hearing that it's just a glitch in-game but that using third-party sources to dual client, such as sandboxie, is not allowed. Would it be allowed in this situation, or are devs currently working on getting it fixed? Or will this be one of those things that they are "aware of" and "currently working on" but it won't actually be fixed for another several months.

If there has already been a post made about this (ideally from a GM explaining the issue) and answered I apologize, and feel free to post the link here to avoid having to re-explain things. I ran into some old forum topics that were created a day or two after the patch that affected the dual client but nothing more recent. Thanks
Advertisement

fuzz197

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
fuzz197
PostedMar 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Re: Dual clienting

TakaraTaji wrote:
Just want to verify if the inability to dual client is a glitch or a fix. I keep hearing that it's just a glitch in-game but that using third-party sources to dual client, such as sandboxie, is not allowed. Would it be allowed in this situation, or are devs currently working on getting it fixed? Or will this be one of those things that they are "aware of" and "currently working on" but it won't actually be fixed for another several months.

If there has already been a post made about this (ideally from a GM explaining the issue) and answered I apologize, and feel free to post the link here to avoid having to re-explain things. I ran into some old forum topics that were created a day or two after the patch that affected the dual client but nothing more recent. Thanks  

It was a ninja-patch a few weeks ago, it was an unintended removal and the GM's have been trying to get in contact with the dev's regarding its removal. It is being looked into, we just haven't had any updates beyond that so far.

CollinEvan

Rank 2
PostedMar 04, 2013 2:41 pm
"unintended'? you don't know that. unexpected , yes. What will happen next, only time will tell.

minahope

Rank 3
minahope
Outside Ghosts Window In The United States
PostedMar 04, 2013 2:56 pm
CollinEvan wrote:
"unintended'? you don't know that. unexpected , yes. What will happen next, only time will tell.  

Technically, it was unintentional for the GM's, as they didn't intend for it to be removed. They're trying to get in contact with the devs to see if they intended it to be removed or not.

EmilyHKO

Rank 0
PostedMar 04, 2013 11:39 pm
Saying the GM's did it unintentionally implies they were somehow involved in it and botched it; when in fact they knew nothing of it. The question remains as to what the developers intentions are, not the GMs.