Author Message

JohnytheGod

Rank 3
JohnytheGod
Joined
11 Apr 2011
Posts
906
Location
Kritsa Greece
PostedMar 03, 2013 2:13 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
Fury go canta.

From what i have heard they need people. Badly.  


Oh Yeah They do. AoL is camping them 23/24 hours a day....If UoF continues like that. Then AoL will quit Canta and then UoF will take avantage of it and camp AoL. Which means that we won't have a balanced PvP

Advertisement

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
Joined
13 Dec 2010
Posts
3783
Location
Singapore
PostedMar 03, 2013 2:58 am
Fury have more in Canta? I see Etain AoL beer goggles still hasn't worn off for you. Razz

If the same AoL in Canta that keep saying they want 'pvp' was in our situation they would mass log daily instead of like us that try to make some little pvp.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

moonspell_9

Rank 0
moonspell_9
Joined
06 Aug 2011
Posts
150
Location
Malmö Sweden
PostedMar 03, 2013 10:29 am
Micheal20 wrote:
101tadakatsu101 wrote:
as i just witnessed an hour ago

Nemmy leaves raid and half of the other lights leave

explain that then if you all so smart:)  

Agrees - On friday i logged on and was busy in ah for 20 minutes during which i heard in guild chat that we were getting uber kills in KI and fury was feeding etc. When i was ready i joined the raid, unfortunately right about then Nemmy left the raid, no blame to him ofc he probly was pvping for hours and needed a break, but right then - no names - two other max geared uber light fighters left too, and I landed lead of the raid without any or barely any uber dps left.
Raid didnt want KI anymore cuz no dps left , fury didnt want VR - I left the raid. Thanx for listening to my story Smile  


U did ur best to keep raid alive Smile

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10636
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 03, 2013 2:38 pm
Alastoreo wrote:
Fury have more in Canta? I see Etain AoL beer goggles still hasn't worn off for you. Razz

If the same AoL in Canta that keep saying they want 'pvp' was in our situation they would mass log daily instead of like us that try to make some little pvp.  
For once i agree with you....

That said, In lights shoes most fury would probably be doing exactly the same so don't cry victim on this, but it seems the situation isn't exactly healthy for either side.

The few constructive pvpers from each side are just drowned out by the mass hate/QQ/Flaming/bashing/ALL LIGHTS/DARKS FAUT crap.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
Joined
10 Aug 2008
Posts
943
Location
Rekikyo's Neighbor United States
PostedMar 03, 2013 4:25 pm
There will be more people doing the PvP thing if it didn't require a monthly car payment to play.

It seems that the majority of the people that are more conservative in their spending habits are more likely to join the light side, and those who are more aggressive in their spending habits tend to prefer to play the dark side. Hence there is a general mismatch in the overall player base which has the dark side having more well equipped players than on the light side.

All these bonuses and what not doesn't fix the problem because both sides get the same thing. Hence the status quo stays the same.

There really isn't anything that Aeria can do to change it. Its a human nature thing.

Micheal20

Rank 2
Joined
01 Aug 2011
Posts
557
Location
New Jersey United States
PostedMar 03, 2013 5:26 pm
moonspell_9 wrote:
Micheal20 wrote:
101tadakatsu101 wrote:
as i just witnessed an hour ago

Nemmy leaves raid and half of the other lights leave

explain that then if you all so smart:)  

Agrees - On friday i logged on and was busy in ah for 20 minutes during which i heard in guild chat that we were getting uber kills in KI and fury was feeding etc. When i was ready i joined the raid, unfortunately right about then Nemmy left the raid, no blame to him ofc he probly was pvping for hours and needed a break, but right then - no names - two other max geared uber light fighters left too, and I landed lead of the raid without any or barely any uber dps left.
Raid didnt want KI anymore cuz no dps left , fury didnt want VR - I left the raid. Thanx for listening to my story Smile  


U did ur best to keep raid alive Smile  

ty Smile

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
Joined
24 Dec 2010
Posts
3324
Location
Canandaigua, New York United States
PostedMar 04, 2013 4:54 pm
LoDebar wrote:
There will be more people doing the PvP thing if it didn't require a monthly car payment to play.

It seems that the majority of the people that are more conservative in their spending habits are more likely to join the light side, and those who are more aggressive in their spending habits tend to prefer to play the dark side. Hence there is a general mismatch in the overall player base which has the dark side having more well equipped players than on the light side.

All these bonuses and what not doesn't fix the problem because both sides get the same thing. Hence the status quo stays the same.

There really isn't anything that Aeria can do to change it. Its a human nature thing.  


True that...at least a car payment per month to keep pace with the "ubers" innate ability to call those that aren't doing the same "nubs" and "you sux" while attempting to defend themselves in-game.

Honestly, if you want equal pvp, the game needs a different foundational approach to the EP6 "power to the grinders" phrase that had been the understanding of what the Episode would be about that would better enable the non-AP buyers (and there are a lot of them in shaiya) to compete when their is so frequent turnover of relics, bless, and the mobs that are dependant on them to remain to be farmed...people will gravitate towards a game moreso that offers better drop rates and farmeable items in order to compete on a more equal basis.

We all know this, and we also all know that a lot of people dont have 5-20 hours/day to farm every single day of the month to provide for better gears, unless it takes numerous months, and by that time the gear they are working on has lost its value and is more or less obsolete to the perpetuation of in-game mechanics not allowing successful farming (ex: the 80 gear/accessory quest items drop rates being hideous). The in-game drop tables need revision and the rates certainly could be looked at.

So in my opinion, something needs to be done about these redundant and miserable drop rates for what is not only accessible through in-game farming methods to boost the population at a better rate with competeive gears, but also there needs to be more traditionally AP-only items (flash lapis, new dual lvl 5, ele 2.5, swift, power/defense lapisia) that can farmed in various maps, mobs (more rare drops than from bosses, but at least have the chance of dropping), so as not to be monopolized by the elite but accessible to all---in order to spur consumer confidence and loyalty with the game itself....at least the grinders can appreciate their chances more to compete as they get to the higher levels or are wanting to get better within a particular zone.

Farming Gold/Silver medals and making them tradeable has helped in such manner, but that isn't enough. OI is also still a decent viable source of in-game income, but that isn't enough. Gears/weapons on new maps are good to get for personal use for building sets, but not very valuable to sell. The QV boss still needs to be fixed as a friend of mine and I farmed it like 7x in a row and got 1 Stamina Loop...which took about an hour and a half.

With this, back on target==>pvp would pick up in ever-increasing numbers...this is what I see if some in-game "Stimulus" changes were to be instituted. There is plenty left over in the item mall to continue to promote AG business/profitability, improve the quantity/quality of its player base with improved morale and enthusiasm to the new changes, and overall be a win-win in the total experience of the game, looking at this from a macro-persepctive and how things are inter-related.

llcpoidmb

Rank 0
Joined
26 Oct 2011
Posts
77
Location
Philippines
PostedMar 05, 2013 8:59 am
To Fury pvper 80 if you are overpopulated there come canta because fury 30 seriously need pvper i dont understand why they stay at camp either they will die outside their camp or their leader is lazy ^^..

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
Joined
13 Dec 2010
Posts
3783
Location
Singapore
PostedMar 05, 2013 9:39 am
llcpoidmb wrote:
To Fury pvper 80 if you are overpopulated there come canta because fury 30 seriously need pvper i dont understand why they stay at camp either they will die outside their camp or their leader is lazy ^^..  
Lulz they came and got turned off by canta style. Some AoL are able to camp whole day, but mass log after being camped a while.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

3visuu

Rank 1
3visuu
Joined
24 Jan 2012
Posts
258
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 06, 2013 4:38 am
Alastoreo wrote:
llcpoidmb wrote:
To Fury pvper 80 if you are overpopulated there come canta because fury 30 seriously need pvper i dont understand why they stay at camp either they will die outside their camp or their leader is lazy ^^..  
Lulz they came and got turned off by canta style. Some AoL are able to camp whole day, but mass log after being camped a while.  


i dont think it was canta style that drove them out more like a enjoyment vs drama thing
you just cant expect players to stick around hypocritical drama causing leaders

back to the topic AoL doesnt need more numbers it needs better attitudes more people like fang (if he dies he resses and moves back to continue fighting) and less players like nemmy who legit summoned the entire AoL raid out in jungle the other day because he died

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: