GM_Hadouken

GameMaster: USA
PostedFeb 07, 2013 10:40 am
Spookee69 wrote:
Hi
Free lootbox on Ignite is not working for Phoenix server Shaiya. Pls fix it fast...  

Not that it's not working, it is just currently offline. That is up to the Shaiya team, so you'll have to wait for them to put one back up Smile

Advertisement

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedFeb 16, 2013 7:23 pm
Please consider the following list of questions when providing your feedback

What is working for Ignite?
It's a useful program, definitely better than the Origin crappy client. The add friends, see mail, and download manager are good. Okay, the download manager needs some work, since akamai is stupid and doesn't know the difference between aeriagames files and files from steam or origin.

What is not working for Ignite?
You need a smarter download manager, better resource manager, and a smart login in which if you click a game or website, it automatically has you logged in instead of always having to log in again and again.

What do you like about Ignite in its current state?
It's very competitive and definitely beats the crappy Origin Client and is comparable to the Steam Client.

What are your current questions or concerns?
My biggest concern is the selection of games, sometimes even repetitive between games. The client for the most part works well, the problem are having games that truly draw players in and keeps them trapped. It's nice that aeriagames tried for a strategy game, however, Stronghold Kingdoms isn't much of a strategy game. It's one that could of done just as well as it is now in a browser form. Real strategy games are like Shattered Galaxy was before becoming mostly formant or as ESO is expected to be. One needing thought, true competition, and so forth.

World of Battles, even though in beta testing, is the closest thing to a strategy games aeriagames ignite has ever had. It just need a better storyline and more diversity to make the strategy truly mind boggling at time along with a balancing scheme to keep any one faction from becoming over dominant.

A mixed version of Star Supremacy and Cosmic Supremacy would be another idea of how to create a great strategy game. Having to handle planetary, system, and galactic politics, domination, and more in a 3d format. Ignite needs a strategy game that is truly mind tingling and fun. Having an rpg aspect, a strategy battle to win aspect, and more. So many possibilities.

Try something new and intense for an fps. Gunz, ava, wolfteam, repulse (formerly aeria partner), tribes (which can be some fun), soldier front, and more are pretty much the same game, same strategies, same as all of the others. Why not try an fps that's new, intense, fun, and exciting? Maybe 5 factions, kept balance due to kdr, level, and player number ratios, all fighting over different terrain on a map for dominance, fighting each other for the center control tower or such. Each one different, each one with pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses, differing strategies and teamwork, and more. Something truly fps, strategy, team based win or die, large varying maps, and much more. Maybe have the maps rotate and change based on 12 month cycles to reflect the seasons, changes of map and faction strengths, and much more. One being a newbie planet for those that are not officers, then an officer planet. Different units can be used, different maps, different enemies, sometimes random npc joins or even three or four factions in a single battle making it unpredictable and having some needing to work together or all out free for all.

With your new developing side, it's now possible to create such games. We need more variety, games that break the molds as ESO's synergy abilities will do, open maps, exciting adventures, intense fps, strategies that boggle the mind and make people beg not to log off or to not be even temp banned, and much more.

What would you like to see added to Ignite?

As I said before, more games and varieties of games. Things that truly hold us to where we beg to never stop playing in both excitement, adventure, real time actions making a difference in games instead of same old repeats, addictive games, and much more. You can keep the mold, but break it at the same time. Make ignite become more than just a word, where aeria's ignite ignite's a gamer's passion, drive, and all that makes them who they are, able to change and that changes them.

Integrating the shout boxes would be another good step in the right direction. It should become not just a gaming center, but also a social center. Giving gs/gm and players a place to interact, same with group sb's that gm's can access. So much possibilities for ignite and aeria, where do I end this?

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

GM_Hadouken

GameMaster: USA
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:24 am
Thank you for your feedback everyone!

We'll definitely share it with our teams next time we discuss updates.

We appreciate your interest in making a great product that people enjoy using!

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedFeb 19, 2013 10:54 am
Thank you Hado. Sorry for going a bit overboard though. Cheers!

Om nom nom nom! "You want me to give up? I've never learned how to. You do it first so that I know what it is, then I might consider it."

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
PostedFeb 19, 2013 11:41 am

Everything is, basically as Oberono said I love the way we can see our Messages, Friends, Announcements and that kind of stuff.

Not sure about the Downloader issues, I've downloaded 7 Aeria Games already from Ignite and never had a single issue with it, but yeah when I go to the Technical Issue Section of A.V.A. (my main game) sometimes there are people that asks how to solve that Akamai Issue but yeah it's actually pretty simple so I can always help them with that! Razz

The design / interface, definitely the design is better than the old one and I also love the way that games are separated (Upcoming Games, MMORPG's, Action Games, etc...)

I particular love the 'Upcoming Games' because that's where we can see what games are coming!

I also love the way there are some In-Ignite Events, for example the 'Loot Box', 'Gift Code' and the Bonus Ladder but yeah too bad it's only up for some games.

The only problem I have is when I exit from Ignite and then when I open again it won't load for the 1st time...it starts loading on the beginning but stops in half, but when I close Ignite again from the Task Manager and open it again it completely loads.

I would like to see for example a Clock added, and we could choose the Timezone we wanted.

For example: There was an Event that started on 3:00PM PST and my timezone for example is GMT so I could choose the PST for a bit just to see what time was on PST and how much time left to the Event starts.

A side from this, Aeria Ignite is AWESOME!! Smile

Oberonu

Rank 3
Oberonu
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:43 pm
Thanks RKO Very Happy

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
PostedFeb 21, 2013 3:35 pm
Oberonu wrote:
Thanks RKO Very Happy  

hehe, welcome! >Very Happy

I have the same opinion as you! Razz

chenzhen420

Rank 0
chenzhen420
PostedFeb 24, 2013 12:14 pm

what is working for ignite

i like to use raptor since it tracks my time played and achievements for most games, could we incorporate that into ignite as well?

VampiricDemise

Rank 0
VampiricDemise
PostedFeb 25, 2013 2:16 am
I mostly have not favorable criticism towards Ignite (sorry!)

It is a convenient game hub program for Aeria games.

Using it for the first time (back when it first came out) there was a host of problems for myself. Logging in was a hit and a miss (mostly miss) to the server, many of the drop down menus did not function properly, no games were showing up.

Months have passed and I have tried it again, some issues have cleared up but drop down menus continue to be a nightmare to get to operate. Windows is always 100% up to date as well as all vital software.

Interface is clean.

My biggest concern is the heavy reliance of aeria games requiring Ignite to launch. Pre-Ignite games that I have played (Eden Eternal, MegaTen, Shaiya) did not require the Ignite launcher to start and play. Games I have played currently (Scarlet Blade Alpha, Digimon Masters Online) require to launch Ignite from the Start Menu. Instead I need to use the long path to the Aeria folder on the C drive to launch the game without the client. It should not be the case of needing the Ignite program installed in order to use the start menu shortcut.

My second concern is using Akami Net Session. I personally have had nothing but issues with it on many games from other companies ranging from slow client load, complications in patching/downloading and frequent connection loss to host servers. I refuse to have it on my computer but sadly if one has to download Ignite to download and launch Aeria games, one must also have ANS downloaded as well.

More of removed from Ignite: any game that has a free loot system (such as Eden Eternal's Treasure Box for instance) placed back to being web-based or at least reopening that option and maintain it for Ignite for those who prefer to have the program. Again, don't like Ignite and don't want it on my computer but I would like to have the ability to gain "free loot" like everyone else did prior to Ignite.

Another one: make the start menu shortcuts not reliant on Ignite being installed and launched in order to work. If I wanted to launch the game from Ignite, I would have opened it from there and not from the start menu shortcut.

There, my $0.02 about Ignite!

<p></p> <p>Eden Eternal</p> <p>Diamond Server - Ursoc ++ Sapphire Server - Khatha</p>

Mage_Wizigard

Rank 0
PostedMar 03, 2013 12:37 pm
I fear that I hate ignite. Before it appeared Shaiya worked just fine but now it doesn't work at all. Aeria ignite never really worked for me. It always crashed when I tried to run it and prevented me from running game. Thus I uninstalled it.

If aeria games really want to improve this program then the first step would be to make it optional, not necessary and to ensure that all games work well even without it.