AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedMar 02, 2013 3:08 am
AminalEd wrote:
AriaSaitcho wrote:
I agree, plus, last i looked; every blue item was gone from auction house. >.<  

Do a few dungeons and you will have all the blue items that you will ever need and then some. It doesn't say you can't use items that cannot be traded to make what you want/need Smile  

yes it doesn't say you can't use untradeable items, it also intimates that you can convert white gear to green and green gear to blue. see how well that worked out? Of the blue items that I've been able to acquire that wasn't unique and didn't come from a quest reward. I wasn't able to acquire enough to attempt the upgrade from blue to green before I went to the next level (1-35) > (36-??). so umm yea; not sure what system you're using but it must not be the same system i'm using. also up to this point i've only been doing the limited runs. don't see the point of running the unlim until i need to for the exp.

now for the latest discovery: you can't use the costumes acquired through Pope Z or by way of the alpaca coins! ok the pope z items i can see; but the alpaca coin costumes?

i call BS!! Evil or Very Mad

Advertisement

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedMar 02, 2013 6:30 am
AriaSaitcho wrote:
AminalEd wrote:
AriaSaitcho wrote:
I agree, plus, last i looked; every blue item was gone from auction house. >.<  

Do a few dungeons and you will have all the blue items that you will ever need and then some. It doesn't say you can't use items that cannot be traded to make what you want/need Smile  

yes it doesn't say you can't use untradeable items, it also intimates that you can convert white gear to green and green gear to blue. see how well that worked out? Of the blue items that I've been able to acquire that wasn't unique and didn't come from a quest reward. I wasn't able to acquire enough to attempt the upgrade from blue to green before I went to the next level (1-35) > (36-??). so umm yea; not sure what system you're using but it must not be the same system i'm using. also up to this point i've only been doing the limited runs. don't see the point of running the unlim until i need to for the exp.

now for the latest discovery: you can't use the costumes acquired through Pope Z or by way of the alpaca coins! ok the pope z items i can see; but the alpaca coin costumes?

i call BS!! Evil or Very Mad  

At your lvl the arcane box isnt as useful as it is for the people that are 50+ when you need a few days of just limited runs to lvl up. It takes longer for your gear to change so its more worth the effort of making a purple.

As for the alpaca coin costumes, at first i was kinda dissapointed as well. But if you look at the long term it would break the economy cause it would be easy (in an hour i can get 100+ gold alpaca coins doing lvl 73 quests) to make green and blue costumes with leftover lost city costumes.

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedMar 02, 2013 10:53 am
sleepingroosje wrote:
AriaSaitcho wrote:

At your lvl the arcane box isnt as useful as it is for the people that are 50+ when you need a few days of just limited runs to lvl up. It takes longer for your gear to change so its more worth the effort of making a purple.

As for the alpaca coin costumes, at first i was kinda dissapointed as well. But if you look at the long term it would break the economy cause it would be easy (in an hour i can get 100+ gold alpaca coins doing lvl 73 quests) to make green and blue costumes with leftover lost city costumes.  

ok how this for destroying the economy:

least expensive item in the mall: men/ladies kimono = 499ap (rounding up to 500 for easier math >.<) x 5 = 2.5k
the alpacaite scroll (75%) (i'm guessing the price since it isn't released yet) = 1.5k

final cost for (random) green body costume = 4kap

using a 3:1 ap>gold ratio that means it cost 12K gold to make that costume, yet looking in the AH the most expensive BLUE costume on Diamaond = 8k gold! yes that's a tad cheap for a blue (it's the kitty costume), yet the cost in gold to make a Green costume is 1/3 more than what a blue costume is selling for in AH. even if i use a 2:1 ap>gold ratio, greens cost about the same as that blue!

lol there's broken for ya!

final note:
yes, i could buy a white item in AH for much less (250g is the cheapest), leaving the cost of the 75% scroll as the big ticket item. still the cost in gold to go that route = 4.25k gold (2:1) or 5.75k gold (3:1) which is still pretty spendy going by auction house standards.

edit: it should also be noted that that cheap item in AH is a popsicle, so the (random) green item you end up with in the above scenario is head gear.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedMar 02, 2013 11:10 am
AriaSaitcho wrote:
sleepingroosje wrote:
AriaSaitcho wrote:

least expensive item in the mall: men/ladies kimono = 499ap (rounding up to 500 for easier math >.<) x 5 = 2.5k
the alpacaite scroll (75%) (i'm guessing the price since it isn't released yet) = 1.5k

using a 3:1 ap>gold ratio that means it cost 12K gold to make that costume, yet looking in the AH the most expensive BLUE costume on Diamaond = 8k gold! yes that's a tad cheap for a blue (it's the kitty costume), yet the cost in gold to make a Green costume is 1/3 more than what a blue costume is selling for in AH. even if i use a 2:1 ap>gold ratio, greens cost about the same as that blue!

final note:
yes, i could buy a white item in AH for much less (250g is the cheapest), leaving the cost of the 75% scroll as the big ticket item. still the cost in gold to go that route = 4.25k gold (2:1) or 5.75k gold (3:1) which is still pretty spendy going by auction house standards.  

You take AP items here in count, but if you would use FREE items (the alpaca costumes) then you wouldnt need the AP items, thus the demand will be alot less then the supply with an broken costume economy as result.

as a final note: in my opinion people wont use the costume part of the arcane box alot, unless they got bound costumes that they never use anymore and find it a nice way to clear up a few with the result of maybe a nice new costume they didnt had before.

46neko

Rank 0
46neko
PostedMar 02, 2013 11:14 am
AriaSaitcho wrote:
sleepingroosje wrote:
AriaSaitcho wrote:

final note:

edit: it should also be noted that that cheap item in AH is a popsicle, so the (random) green item you end up with in the above scenario is head gear.  

saitcho, i wouldnt look at the cost of alpakium with it not even realesed o.o, who knows? maybe in a future you might be able to make it with the arcane box, or it become a low placed altar item, still, i wouldnt think the alpakium scrolls, would be THAT high priced, also, i woulnt base for AH prices in diamond, ive seen the kitty costume for 4k-5k or even 3.5k if lucky in diamond, sold in World call or my peer, ( AH, is over priced most of the times), and when it comes for arcane box, i wouldnt bother making alphas from whites ( 5 whites lets say this ones cost 250g =1.2k ( and not many alphas cost 1k+ as ive seen in Diamond)) and thats using no scrolls, but if you use cheap alphas ( some that cost 800g-700g-900g) theres a bit of a profit, if you can make a rare prime ( lets remember the prime you are gonna make in arcane box is totally random) , me myself, i only tried it, with no scrolls, with the 10%, just to check out, if the primes were interesting to get, and well they are, some of them were that i didnt saw in altar for some long time : 3 so imo <3 arcane box can make profit, if you know how to use it! P.D: Also as roosje said, i think ppl will use it with bound items, as i did xD as i never used those alphas since months back

thewildone82

Rank 0
PostedApr 17, 2013 4:07 am

new arcane items

material guide?
any chance somebody could make a guide for the items needed to create the things in arcane box, like the invisible katana? i made the lollipop cause of help from a friend but it would be nice to be able to look at a guide of some kind to let all know whats needed. Thanks

jamdoughnut

Rank 2
jamdoughnut
PostedApr 17, 2013 4:29 am   Last edited by jamdoughnut on Apr 17, 2013 2:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Atm I'm currently working on a guide for the special weapons, so it should be up soon. =D

Posted By Aeria Mobile

DrokMJ

Rank 0
PostedApr 17, 2013 9:30 am
jamdoughnut wrote:
Atm I'm currently working on a guild for the special weapons, so it should be up soon. =D  

Good luck on your guild for special weapons!<3 So dangerous of you :3

jamdoughnut

Rank 2
jamdoughnut
PostedApr 17, 2013 2:02 pm
DrokMJ wrote:
jamdoughnut wrote:
Atm I'm currently working on a guild for the special weapons, so it should be up soon. =D  

Good luck on your guild for special weapons!<3 So dangerous of you :3  

Typo? What typo?

IHU.~

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedApr 17, 2013 2:40 pm
i was gonna say something, but i figured i'd trolled ya hard enough on your sig contest. Very Happy >.<