1 (Poor)
41%162 Votes
Total Votes :: 387 Votes

Topic.

GameSage: Soldier Front
Topic.
PostedMar 01, 2013 7:57 pm
I would say around 2/3 Rating.

The SF Community has slightly turned around during the transfer to the Aeria Platform but in recent weeks I've seen that slipping. The Hacking Situation @ SF is a total and complete mess right not to mention we have a guy spamming those disgusting pictures A.K.A Luka and we really don't need that seeing as how the fabric of the game itself is starting to fall apart. We have players underaged who view that forums and he needs to be dealt with. We appreciate the events and support the PM and GM as well as Team Action has given us but we want this game to actually get somewhere despite of how old it is the hacking problem is the most critical problem we have that effects not only the competition but the entire community making it hard to participate in these events.

Hack management in Soldier Front is absolutely terrible. Memphis was good about sending them into Apex every 2-3 days, but with no one doing it now, each public room has 5 hackers on AVERAGE, making the game unplayable. If you don't want SF to be as dead as it was under IJJI with 200 people on at peak times, I strongly suggest you do something about it ASAP. Account banning is not enough when you've got people like Luka running around advertising the hacks in mass on the forums. First offense should be an account ban, not a warning because they spend AP, IP bans for the second, and HWID bans for repeat offenders. The amount of blatant hackers you've let off with a 3 day suspension disgusts me. I report a Major who hasn't spent a dime on the game and he's gone forever, whereas a General who was caught using every hack known to man gets let off with a timeout and proceeds to hack in private rooms so no one can prove he's doing it. What kind of message is that sending to the community? If you spend a lot of money you're except from punishment? Fix these polices and fix the hack situation permanently.

Advertisement

cmstache

Rank 3
cmstache
PostedMar 01, 2013 10:07 pm
Topic. wrote:
If you don't want SF to be as dead as it was under IJJI with 200 people on at peak times  

Come check out DWO sometime. We're lucky if we have 200 people active on the game during Campaigns (which is what drives the game). This is prime time during the weekends too. You'll be amazed at how such a good game has NO ONE active sometimes. Realistically there should be 3-400+ (per faction, and there's three at the moment) on at any given time. But yeah, what you said is true. After talking to the GMs via a recent post it's apparent that it mostly falls on the higher-ups though. The GMs are overworked and the company isn't doing well to stand behind them. Stay positive and patient and it may help...

Topic.

GameSage: Soldier Front
Topic.
PostedMar 01, 2013 10:17 pm
cmstache wrote:

After talking to the GMs via a recent post it's apparent that it mostly falls on the higher-ups though. The GMs are overworked and the company isn't doing well to stand behind them. Stay positive and patient and it may help...  

DWO eh? Our situations from both games don't differ @ all. I'd have to agree with you regarding that.. Well yeah I'd rather be optimistic , have hope , and try to make it work. rather being a debbie downer.
I only wish anyone from the community would agree.. Everyone on SF has just lost faith in progress being made.

cmstache

Rank 3
cmstache
PostedMar 01, 2013 10:20 pm
Topic. wrote:
cmstache wrote:

After talking to the GMs via a recent post it's apparent that it mostly falls on the higher-ups though. The GMs are overworked and the company isn't doing well to stand behind them. Stay positive and patient and it may help...  

DWO eh? Our situations from both games don't differ @ all. I'd have to agree with you regarding that.. Well yeah I'd rather be optimistic , have hope , and try to make it work. rather being a debbie downer.
I only wish anyone from the community would agree.. Everyone on SF has just lost faith in progress being made.  

we've been there for about a year now (our item mall hasn't worked since last summer, and that's something we'd expect a fix on). It's just a shame that many of the GMs are similar and having the same issues.

Siviard

Rank 3
Siviard
PostedMar 01, 2013 11:12 pm
filipvarga wrote:
Just going to say this: Low ratings because you're not satisfied with a game cannot be a accurate vote.
Aeria is offering many games for all types of players, so to cast an accurate vote you should try some other games aswell and see if the problem you're having with one game, happens in other games aswell.  

Me thinks you completely ignored all the posts in this thread. A significant majority of them all address poor staffing/decisions made by Aeria, not about the games themselves. It's one thing to say a game is bad due to lack of content, which Aeria has no control over; it's another thing to say the staff is terrible which Aeria has complete control over. The problem is, the same issues are constantly brought up over and over and over and over again in nothing is ever done to fix them. I mean, look at Shaiya and how long it took to finally make some forward progress, albeit very little forward progress.

And don't get me started on LO. Finally posted information for us, after ditching us for over 6 months. It's absolutely pitiful when the player base can get information faster and spread than the actual Aeria staff, which I don't even know if LO has any that are solely dedicated to it anymore.

Viper2290

Rank 0
Viper2290
PostedMar 01, 2013 11:14 pm
I actually like the service.
I think hackers are inevitable. No game is 100% hack proof. Besides Starcraft, but thats owned by blizzard. which is a million dollar company. this is F2P game so not as much money to put into hack prevention.

4 stars from me because I WANT THE freakin MODUS AND M40 NERFED NOW!!!

The events have been cool. I like how im being rewarded for playing the game instead of buying ap.

Technature

Rank 5
Technature
PostedMar 01, 2013 11:33 pm
It's not hacking itself that people have a problem with. It's the fact that nothing is done about it.

Ever wonder how Technature lives the life of a soldier?How about asking a person that doesn't actually exist questions? Then drop by Technature's blog and drop a letter.

BestOfAllNoobs

Rank 4
BestOfAllNoobs
PostedMar 01, 2013 11:39 pm

On: Aeriagames (short)

What I know, what I think, & what you will not read
Note: This isn't going to bash GMs and GSs, However, it aint sweet.
i will not reveal what i clicked. however, those who clicked 5 (not 3 or 4 but #5) either had but 20-30 posts and don't know what they are about to get themselves into or were buttkissing GS (not that all GS are buttkiss most serve their purpose, IF ACTIVE)

I highly doubt anything I have ever written on the forums have been read by GM's. Yes, Tickets are being read, but suggestions? No shot.
When a noteable player on DWO spoke on our behalf it was locked and the questions were publically danced around.
I do not blame the specific Team for it, no worker would purposefully do that, unless their superiors have commanded them not to.

The main problem, the source of all the "neglect" that is not only hitting hard on my game, Dynasty Warriors Online, but other games is the fact that GMs are spread too thin.
This is causing a trickle down effect. meaning slow communications, higher chance of failed promos and failed patches, lack of justice to the fair playerbase, and ultimately AGE distaste in the players mouths.

College students get their degrees in the Tech field all the time, how easy would it be to set up interships, and possibly take FRESH, EAGER, LEARNED, READY TO WORK College students off their campuses after graduation day and give em the starting job they had been hoping for. Truthfully IDK about what colleges are near the office, not too interested either, where there are colleges there are applicants (or pretty much anywhere else, but the applicants are more condensed there).

I believe that this will improve (not saying how much) with the much needed additions to the teams to reinforce a dry dry time here. I'm glad AGE is openly hiring. However I cannot and WILL NOT speak highly of AGE until i see the old days where people were sooo pro aeria for all the RIGHT reasons. not because they are new and unlearned or buttkissing.

I've read that other games like DWO need new ACTIVE GS's. WITH NEW GM's incoming NEW BETTER GS's should come as well. If anything is immediate, let it be this. THERE IS NO NEED TO DELIBERATE ANY LONGER. More moments without new staff, Both GM's and GS's are moments WASTED.

I am NOT saying that the GM's need to all get booted. NO, that would do far worse than the intent. They need HELP just like the players need Help.

I also feel AGE is not doing good business practices maintaining the games but Hard... ive said my share already. Too bad as I said at the start, I think for a near fact that nobody is going to read this.

God Bless,
BOAN

esmorax

Rank 4
esmorax
PostedMar 02, 2013 5:11 am
Lately there hasn't been much improvement in the situation at Twelve Sky 2
Hence my 2 this time.

Devotion Fujin(R.I.P TS1)/Nemesis Fujin G12 R6.(esmorax)Guild: NoRemorse Tag:Esmo. Wolf Team.(Ex0tic)Rank: silver bar+Pride: TheLaw Status: Retired *Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest* **H.A.T.E.R.S= Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Succes.**

robsus8

Rank 2
PostedMar 02, 2013 7:47 am
a 1., simply because the lack of any hack prevention in ts2. As long that is the case, the game will never thrive. Moreover potential disaster looms for this game, as was demonstrated with the CP hack recently. Question is: Does management of AGE actually care? Experience tells me; No