GameSage: Dynasty Warriors Online
- 28 Aug 2009
- United Kingdom
PostedFeb 22, 2013 1:21 pm
Well, already completed a normal difficulty playthrough of the game, I plan on starting a hard on next, then a chaos one after when I have enough bonus points to unlock all weapons and items at start (trust me, this game is impossible at the start on Chaos with no starting handicaps). Anyway, some ups and downs on the game.#
- Tactic system in battle makes battles more interesting
- Game feels more like a ROTK with its war councils and assignments and such.
- the resource system is interesting, quite confusing at first, but once you understand how it all works, its pretty good
- Skirmishs, if you've played the mercenary mode in DW6 Empires, then skirmish is like this but better, you attack a territory and perform objectives such as escort and protecting, the point of it is to weaken that territory and also a gold reward for yourself which you need for....
- Town. Like in DW7 conquest mode, theres a town area players can walk around to buy new weapons, items, animals, outfits, and living quarters.
- Edit officer sharing, now you can create and upload your characters online so other players can download and use them. Ill be looking out for recreated generics to download, so far have a good Cheng Pu, Lu Su, and Jian Yong (lots of terrible Yuan Shus so far, come on people.). Also my Yuan faction is uploaded, so feel free to grab these guys.
- Online play, players can now quickly join another peoples battle as second player, though I haven't joined any yet because it said no match's can be found (Aka, no one is doing online play).
- Can quickly get boring. Playing a normal difficulty play through, can get quite repetitive and boring quick. But at the same time, playing any difficulties higher can be too hard with out items and higher leveled weapons.
- NPC factions taking out NPC factions. Before you get a chance to fight a faction you really want to beat down, another faction has already done so. My first play-though, Cao Cao got took out quickly by Lu Bu -_-.
- Generals switching between factions. I dont know if anyone else has this issue, but in my play through, Lu Bu had all of Cao Caos officers, Wang Yi was serving unding Ma Teng, and when I beat Ma Teng in one battles, his son Ma Chao just ended up joining on my side... does it just look wrong to anyone else. I know this has been an issue in all empires games, but it just seems out of hand in 7, I wish this game had a loyalty system like in ROTK.
I probably have some other things to stick up, but overall I am enjoying this game, but it does get quite boring after a while.
- Credit to Noxazema - GS ChaoRa.BH1 - Style name: Fengbao - Master of War Blades -