Yurisaki

Rank 4
PostedFeb 27, 2013 5:17 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
The short version of it is this:

If a game isn't offering all that much in the way of profit, then it's going to be put to the very bottom of the priority list for Aeria. So unless you can magically pull a crapload of spenders out of thin air, things on DWO will not improve.  

That's why Aeria fails as a company.

No one wants to spend money on a neglected broken game.
If they want spenders they should learn to fix things.

or learn to pay the people who can fix it.
Advertisement

cmstache

Rank 3
cmstache
PostedFeb 28, 2013 11:49 am
The issue with the item mall is that it doesn't exist. We can't get ANYTHING via the item mall, gift codes for free items via email, or ignite gifts. It's been down almost a year now. That lends itself to promotions as well. They can't do anything creative for promotions. They have a spender tiered promo every week. People won't spend AP like they used to because it doesn't get paid out right and they have to redo it and end up waiting 3+ weeks for their stuff; meanwhile expected to take part in the current promotions while they wait. On top of all this, as an example, they had a weapons promo not too long ago for a new weapon that was released. 59(?) or so people people wanted the new one and spend at a bare minimum 1k AP. That's ONLY for that weapon and that one promotion. This was one they also screwed up the payment of the promotion even after they were given a tool to do it right.

^^^Just one of many examples...

*I'm not judging the GM staff in this case since they HAVE responded (at least some) to some of the issues. But, this thread was linked to a "Feedback poll" and I wanted an example to be placed here.

*Edit: After reading the posts on the feedback thread COMPLETELY I also wanted to say that it's interesting listening to the comments of the other games, even their game sages. They are starting to say all the things that have been happening to DWO for the past 2 years. I love how I read a good while back that we "always complained" and "we blowing hot air for drama" and such, yet I'm seeing it from all the other games. Take this at face value."