mauricechan2004

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2013 7:50 pm
GMtk421 wrote:
Anankhimel wrote:
I have just read this entire thread, and in no point do any of the GM's or anyone in which sets the rule state that the standard Battleground has a "Spawn Camping" rule, even though is it is bought up numerous times. Now, I have guildmates that have spent a lot of money, time and effort in this game, that have suddenly become "banned" for spawn camping in Standard BG, which complete c**p.

I want someone to specify if it IS spawn camping, or NOT spawn camping in BG if you kill all the NPC'S leading to an opposition side and stand at the in built barrier the developers can seem to create for BG but not Guild War, and wait for people to come out of the protected area, and be attacked, in complete simplicity, not "Oh, it is but it isn't" roundabout ways.

Having these members have to wait 4-7 days for a verdict on their ban appeal is a serious joke. This Spawn Camping rule has not been clearly put if there is STILL all this confusion.  

1) You're absolutely right. This is a thread regarding the Guild Wars so these rules don't apply to the regular Battleground.
2) It is, at the time this is being typed, NOT SPAWN CAMPING to wait at the built in barrier for battlegrounds.
3) Regarding a 4-7 day waiting period for a verdict, that is simply not the case. All tickets are seen and responded to within 24 hours of being sent in.
4) If you or a teammate legitimately believe you were wrongfully banned for spawn camping in battlegrounds then send in a ban appeal. As previously stated they will receive a response regarding their ban within 24 hours that will include the time the ban will be lifted.

Euphoric77 wrote:
I 2nd this - Please put more effort in the precise outline of rules and also promotions. We have had countless issues were people were confused without there being any need of this happening.

On another note - if you ban 1 person why not ban all who have done the same thing? I am 100% sure there have been reports of several other players camping the Battleground, yet only 1 person has been banned according from what I have seen.  

If you have any questions regarding the Guild Wars/Battleground rules, a promotion, what have you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask (in the appropriate thread/new thread/ask a GS in game/etc of course)  

so... i will take that as.... NO spawn camping rules in BATTLEGROUND, right?
Advertisement

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedJan 30, 2013 8:06 pm
mauricechan2004 wrote:

so... i will take that as.... NO spawn camping rules in BATTLEGROUND, right?  

right!

natedogg899

Rank 0
PostedFeb 28, 2013 1:13 am

meh

hmm
ive managed to slip in there by myself in a gw cuz they didnt cross teh line at all it was a afk war lol!. so i went in there solo got my but kicked.. now just sittin there is no fun at all

Kjo7997

Rank 0
PostedApr 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Spawn Camping Rule

Spawn Camping Rules not just for Guild Battles
Spawn Camping rules were recently pointed out, to me in a number of tickets, to apply to guild battles only. Due to the fact that battlegrounds operate in the same way in which Guild Battles due with a player spawning area there should be identical rules for the battle ground.

Several battle grounds have occurred in which many players, including myself, were unable to play as other players were camping outside the spawning ground in the battle ground. This is unfair to those players wishing to play the game and unethical of the players who are spawn camping and eliminating all the lower level players as they attempt to leave the spawning ground.

How do we implement an identical spawn camping rule for battle grounds to make the play more fair to all players. Having a rule like that in the guild battle area will make the game more enjoyable for all the players, more fair and will encourage further game play.

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedApr 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Re: Spawn Camping Rule

Spamming this same message in 4 places doesn't make it more likely to happen. Just makes it more spam.

GMtk421

GameMaster: USA
GMtk421
PostedApr 05, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Spawn Camping Rule

Kjo7997 wrote:
Spawn Camping rules were recently pointed out, to me in a number of tickets, to apply to guild battles only. Due to the fact that battlegrounds operate in the same way in which Guild Battles due with a player spawning area there should be identical rules for the battle ground.

Several battle grounds have occurred in which many players, including myself, were unable to play as other players were camping outside the spawning ground in the battle ground. This is unfair to those players wishing to play the game and unethical of the players who are spawn camping and eliminating all the lower level players as they attempt to leave the spawning ground.

How do we implement an identical spawn camping rule for battle grounds to make the play more fair to all players. Having a rule like that in the guild battle area will make the game more enjoyable for all the players, more fair and will encourage further game play.  

As stated in one of the 4 other threads that you posted this comment in:
RollaR_50248 wrote:

The difference is, in GW if your opponent enters your spawn area you can get attacked while still loading or in cool down from being killed. You have no where to hide, no choice in the matter, and if you leave the GW there is no alternative to enter.

In BG, your opponent waits outside the spawn area for you. You have a choice of whether to go out and face them. You can use tactical play with your team to distract them so that others can exit and get their kills/carts. In fact, you opponent is putting themselves at high risk from dryads and honor farmers using this tactic of waiting outside the spawn area, from people suiciding on them constantly in order to kill them eventually. Worse case scenario? you can leave the bg and enter a new one after a 5minute awol cool down.

There is the additional complication of BG being a cross-server feature and Aeria cannot enforce it's own rules on non-Aeria players.

There is no need for rules to be added in BG and this wont be changed any time soon.  

RikuNobody

Rank 0
PostedApr 08, 2013 10:04 pm
Isnt this picture considered spawn camping siting outside another teams gate...
[/img]http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/TokyoKakashi/media/spawncamping_zps40257e4b.png.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/TokyoKakashi/media/spawncamping_zps40257e4b.png.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=136548020371109288636367776868
[img]

Saveric

Saveric
PostedApr 08, 2013 10:15 pm
RikuNobody wrote:
Isnt this picture considered spawn camping siting outside another teams gate...
[/img]http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/TokyoKakashi/media/spawncamping_zps40257e4b.png.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/TokyoKakashi/media/spawncamping_zps40257e4b.png.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=136548020371109288636367776868
[img]  

No that's not spawn camping. Spawn camping is them inside your spawn zone. Not outside of it. The territory between your Spawn gate and the Ward Tower is NOT your spawn zone. The territory inside your spawn gate is your spawn zone.

Your spawn zone is the entire territory that you can move around in WHILE dead. Which is the gate to the wall behind it. Everywhere else is the battle field.

denispopescu

Rank 0
PostedApr 14, 2013 10:56 pm
It was said "In BG, your opponent waits outside the spawn area for you. You have a choice of whether to go out and face them. You can use tactical play with your team to distract them so that others can exit and get their kills/carts. In fact, you opponent is putting themselves at high risk from dryads and honor farmers using this tactic of waiting outside the spawn area, from people suiciding on them constantly in order to kill them eventually. Worse case scenario? you can leave the bg and enter a new one after a 5minute awol cool down."

I think it is a stupid idea, at least.
The man who write this is far away from the reality of the battle ground, especially from the low level point of view.
To make such a huge confusion between BG and GW its amazing (in the worst way). In GW people are in two teams, with leaders and strategy. And, usually, they are well known by the leaders. In BG its a mixture of people from different guilds, or even guild-less, without any leader and strategy, without knowing each other, without any real coordination. So, the only solution in BG for a low lvl player, were a high lvl player is in the front of the camp is to kill itself, to stay there until other player its taken by the high lvl player or to exit from BG. We must notice here that the low level player are usually beginners. And for a beginner it is extremely frustrating and discouraging to have to choose between be killed in the front of the camp or live the BG. Usually he will take the second choice. With a big loose for the BG, for the game and, in the end, even for the high level players.
This is the goal of the organizers of the game? To eliminate the low lvl player from BG? I ask this because that is the consequence of the lack of a spawn camping rule for battle grounds.
The guardians of the camp prove that the lack of the spawning ground rule for BG it is not in the real spirit of the game. But the guardians are not powerful enough. Accidentally - running for a low level player... - i was involved in a battle with one of them and I kill him. Not too hard. So the protection they give is too low.
A spawning ground rule for BG it is absolutely necessary.

Saveric

Saveric
PostedApr 15, 2013 2:26 am
denispopescu wrote:

This is the goal of the organizers of the game? To eliminate the low lvl player from BG? I ask this because that is the consequence of the lack of a spawn camping rule for battle grounds.
The guardians of the camp prove that the lack of the spawning ground rule for BG it is not in the real spirit of the game. But the guardians are not powerful enough. Accidentally - running for a low level player... - i was involved in a battle with one of them and I kill him. Not too hard. So the protection they give is too low.
A spawning ground rule for BG it is absolutely necessary.  

Guardians there give Bonus Honor and Bonus Points. They aren't there to protect players, they are there for players to kill. Just like the Resource Turn in Angel can be killed for Bonus Honor and Bonus Points. Resource guy has a respawn time of either 1 minute or 2 minutes.

BG Rules cannot be enforced as we have stated. Battlegrounds are Cross Server, meaning that you fight players on Non-Aeria Servers as well. Aeria cannot enforce Rules onto other Servers.