Atlas515

Rank 0
Atlas515
PostedFeb 27, 2013 8:38 pm

New Black Aura(Aggression)

New Game Mechanic
I'm sure a few of you have already seen this black aura that's popping up on your characters bodies when you have a ton of mobs on you and your party. Well, guess what? It's apart of the threat mech in the game.

Aggression(Agro): This is what is used to pull enemies to you, it's also what allows your provokes to work, or when your attacks pull enemies off your friends to you. It's a point system, but not sure EXACTLY how much points there are.

Black Aura: The aura apparently shows up when you have a bunch of mobs on your character and your party is either farming, or grinding by pulling a ton of enemies all at once. Once it shows on your character, it'll start to show on everyone elses as well. I'm not sure if this is class specific visibility, BUT, the good thing is that it allows us pallies to manipulate the agro easier. Such as spotting the person with the most agro, runningup next to them and using the AoE provoke to pull it off of them in order to protect your healer or something along those lines(shame on you if you ever use it to KS).

Levels:
- The first level is when it first starts showing, basically, it somewhat faint and bubbly, but in a black manner. Sort of like when a mob is poisoned, they are very similar in how they look. But the Black Aura is smoggy, whereas the poison is just bubbles that pop left and right around the mob. Yes, it is a little difficult to tell apart. But once you get used to it, you can easily tell the difference.
- The second level is where it gets to be a stronger smog and becomes more noticeable, also, the bubbly-ness of it begins to disappear as the smog becomes more constant.
- The third level is max agro(i guess), the smog is fully constant and has no bubbly-ness whatsoever. As a matter of fact, if you turn the camera to face your character in the right direction, you'll notice that it's a big black X that sprouts out from within your characters stomach, but it's still smoggy, so it'll shift and move like smoke.

On a side note: Water elementals WILL NOT receive this, the aura will never be visible on one, so don't bother looking. xD And it will ONLY activate when multiple mobs are on you, or your party, it takes quite a bit of agro points to get it revved up and showing. My own Provoke takes about five to six tries on multiple mobs to get it started up.

Thanks for reading, I'll be making other posts on other things. So be sure to look around on the forums for me! ^^