Author Message

godofsmoke420

Rank 0
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Posts
176
Location
Middletown United States
PostedFeb 25, 2013 4:00 am

question?

maybe 2
1. Does enchanting a wep do anything to the magic attack of spells?

2. Does the AP item mall or gift box thing in game work? was looking at it yesterday and something i wanted to buy but was not sure if it worked or not.

ty for ur help sorry for these nuub questions
Advertisement

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Posts
4442
Location
Swag City United States
PostedFeb 25, 2013 4:13 am
First of all those are not "nub" questions. Secondly here are the answers.

1.) Enchanting only makes your weapon stronger. More Info may be found here
2.)The Item Mall is not yet released. Even though the icon was added it was not activated yet.
January Patch notes

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
Joined
06 Dec 2008
Posts
2565
Location
Porec Croatia
PostedFeb 25, 2013 6:34 am
Phoenix said everything, but I'd just like to add some information that is wrong in the Wiki: Enhancement is risky, but it will only destroy an Item after failed enhancement after +10, which means you're safe to enhance from +1 to +10. However, you might lose enhancement levels if the enhancement fails (-1, -2 or -3).

godofsmoke420

Rank 0
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Posts
176
Location
Middletown United States
PostedFeb 25, 2013 11:12 pm

So...

is there a point in enchanting a staff if it adds nothing to ur magic attack? i almost never use my staff to attack and at this point it almost seems like a waste of gold to enchant it, am i wrong in thinking this?

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8406
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedFeb 26, 2013 5:25 am
Actually Phoenix is wrong.

One of a Staff's Attributes that enchanting enhances IS magic attack, at a rate of 40 per enchant level (+400 at level 10). Enchanting ALSO enhances staffs by 10 physical attack, so they double as a viable melee weapon.

As for the purposes:

Generally speaking,

Heals are 66% of Magic attack + the heal skill's base.
Poison Skill's Base damage is approximately 22% of Magic attack Plus skill Base.
Dark Skills range from 20-40% of Magic attack plus skill base.

Magic attack also adds to poison ticks:
1 poison per 50 magic attack up to 400 magic attack;
1.5 poison per 50 magic up to 800 magic attack;
2 poison per 50 801+ magic attack.

In other words; yes your staff needs enchanted, or you will not be a potent damage dealer, healer.

(Staff enchant can easily be credited with 30% of a SM's total damage potential).

Personally I think the wiki is lacking in regards to information at all on enchanting atm. It says nothing in regards to rates, power stones, protection scrolls, cost to enchant, possibility of enchanting failer costs. It's just vague flavor text at this time.

Word of advice to god:

While rares are pretty inexpensive to enchant, Heroics have a fee that start at 10,000 gold and raise 1000 a level; Heroics have a fee that starts at 30,000 and raises 5000 a level; Legendaries have a fee that starts at 100,000 per try, and I haven't personally experimented with them to see the increment in increases (I wouldn't doubt 10,000 per level)

Power Stones:
I don't think anyone knows quite how they work now. In CB, they had % increases to chance of success that increased 8% per level of stone. Now, they read as follows:

Power Stone 1.1:
Helps Uncommon (Green or lower) up to 4
Power Stone 1.2:
Helps Uncommon (Green) up to 4 with greater chance
Power Stone 2.1:
Helps Rare (Blue) up to 6
2.2:
Blue up to 6 greater chances
3.1:
Up to Epic, 9
4:1/2
Up to Heroic, 12
5.1:
Up to Heroic, 14

And I'm guessing 6.1/2 is Up to Legendary, to 15.

(In other words, if the new flavor text is true, that means be careful what stones you use, although it's pretty easy to get [5]-[6] just on gold alone).

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
Joined
20 Jan 2013
Posts
310
Location
Germany
PostedFeb 26, 2013 6:14 am
Just update topic with more information about items:

Lv.1.1 Power Stone
Slightly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on Uncommon equipment, up to +4.
Lv.1.2 Power Stone
Slightly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on Uncommon equipment, up to +4, and is better than a Level 1.1 Power Stone.
Lv.1.3 Power Stone
Slightly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on Uncommon equipment, up to +4, and is better than a Level 1.2 Power Stone.
Power Stone
, Damage: 10 - 20A mysterious stone that slightly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment.
Lv.2.1 Power Stone
Slightly increases the chance to upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Rare and lower, up to +6, and is better than a Level 1.3 Power Stone.
Lv.2.2 Power Stone
Slightly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Rare and lower, up to +6, and is better than a Level 2.1 Power Stone.
Lv.2.3 Power Stone
Slightly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Rare and lower, up to +6, and is better than a Level 2.2 Power Stone.
Lv.3.1 Power Stone
Increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Epic and lower, up to +8, and is better than a Level 2.3 Power Stone.
Lv.3.2 Power Stone
Increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Epic and lower, up to +8, and is better than a Level 3.1 Power Stone.
Lv.3.3 Power Stone
Increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Epic and lower, up to +8, and is better than a Level 3.2 Power Stone.
Lv.4.1 Power Stone
Increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Heroic and lower, up to +12, and is better than a Level 3.3 Power Stone.
Lv.4.2 Power Stone
Increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Heroic and lower, up to +12, and is better than a Level 4.1 Power Stone.
Lv.4.3 Power Stone
Increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Heroic and lower, up to +12, and is better than a Level 4.2 Power Stone.
Lv.5.1 Power Stone
Greatly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Heroic and lower, up to +15, and is better than a Level 4.3 Power Stone.
Lv.5.2 Power Stone
Greatly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Heroic and lower, up to +15, and is better than a Level 5.1 Power Stone.
Lv.5.3 Power Stone
Greatly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Heroic and lower, up to +15, and is better than a Level 5.2 Power Stone.
Lv.6.1 Power Stone
Greatly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Legendary and lower, up to +15, and is better than a Level 5.3 Power Stone.
Lv.6.2 Power Stone
Greatly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Legendary and lower, up to +15, and is better than a Level 6.1 Power Stone.
Lv.6.3 Power Stone
Greatly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Legendary and lower, up to +15, and is better than a Level 6.2 Power Stone.
Lv.7.3 Power Stone
A very powerful stone that offers the best chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Legendary and lower, up to +15, and is the best of all Power Stones.
Lv.7.3 Power Stone
Greatly increases the chance to successfully upgrade equipment. Best used on equipment grades Legendary and lower, up to +15, and is better than a Level 7.2 Power Stone.

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
Joined
20 Jan 2013
Posts
310
Location
Germany
PostedFeb 26, 2013 12:07 pm
Rekikyo wrote:

Poison Skill's Base damage is approximately 22% of Magic attack Plus skill Base.
Dark Skills range from 20-40% of Magic attack plus skill base.
 

Correct. About 21.5% for me...

Magic Attack 584
Poison Arrow lvl 3 - damage 35~40
Real: 160 ~ 165
Critical damage: 246

Rekikyo wrote:

Magic attack also adds to poison ticks:
1 poison per 50 magic attack up to 400 magic attack;
1.5 poison per 50 magic up to 800 magic attack;
2 poison per 50 801+ magic attack.
 


Here some issues...
584 Magic Attack, by your logic 400 + 184 = +8*1 + 3~3.5*1.5 = 12.5~13.25

Poison Arrow level 3 : damage 35~40
Real damage: 48 per second (100% the same)
By Your logic: 12.5 ~ 13.25 + 35~40 = 47.5 ~ 53.25
Ok. Minimum damage could be solution.

Main problem with Poison Cloud level 3: 30 ~ 45
Real damage: 66 per second (stable - 100% the same)
By Your logic: 12.5 ~ 13.25 + 30 ~ 45 = 42.5 ~ 58.25... does not match 66...

Thanks.

With Best Regards, Fireball

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8406
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedFeb 26, 2013 2:55 pm
mykolag wrote:

Here some issues...
584 Magic Attack, by your logic 400 + 184 = +8*1 + 3~3.5*1.5 = 12.5~13.25

Poison Arrow level 3 : damage 35~40
Real damage: 48 per second (100% the same)
By Your logic: 12.5 ~ 13.25 + 35~40 = 47.5 ~ 53.25
Ok. Minimum damage could be solution.

Main problem with Poison Cloud level 3: 30 ~ 45
Real damage: 66 per second (stable - 100% the same)
By Your logic: 12.5 ~ 13.25 + 30 ~ 45 = 42.5 ~ 58.25... does not match 66...

Thanks.

With Best Regards, Fireball  


You're comparing the wrong stats.

What I said was in reference to the tick damage; the numbers you are listing are derived from the skill base additions (the skills do not describe how much they actually add for tick damage).

I'm pretty sure Poison Arrow's Base tick is 32, and Poison Cloud's Base tick is 54 (at lv3, they do 22 points difference in damage).

godofsmoke420

Rank 0
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Posts
176
Location
Middletown United States
PostedFeb 26, 2013 11:59 pm

this is what i needed!

Rekikyo wrote:
Actually Phoenix is wrong.

One of a Staff's Attributes that enchanting enhances IS magic attack, at a rate of 40 per enchant level (+400 at level 10). Enchanting ALSO enhances staffs by 10 physical attack, so they double as a viable melee weapon.

As for the purposes:

Generally speaking,

Heals are 66% of Magic attack + the heal skill's base.
Poison Skill's Base damage is approximately 22% of Magic attack Plus skill Base.
Dark Skills range from 20-40% of Magic attack plus skill base.

Magic attack also adds to poison ticks:
1 poison per 50 magic attack up to 400 magic attack;
1.5 poison per 50 magic up to 800 magic attack;
2 poison per 50 801+ magic attack.

In other words; yes your staff needs enchanted, or you will not be a potent damage dealer, healer.

(Staff enchant can easily be credited with 30% of a SM's total damage potential).

Personally I think the wiki is lacking in regards to information at all on enchanting atm. It says nothing in regards to rates, power stones, protection scrolls, cost to enchant, possibility of enchanting failer costs. It's just vague flavor text at this time.

Word of advice to god:

While rares are pretty inexpensive to enchant, Heroics have a fee that start at 10,000 gold and raise 1000 a level; Heroics have a fee that starts at 30,000 and raises 5000 a level; Legendaries have a fee that starts at 100,000 per try, and I haven't personally experimented with them to see the increment in increases (I wouldn't doubt 10,000 per level)

Power Stones:
I don't think anyone knows quite how they work now. In CB, they had % increases to chance of success that increased 8% per level of stone. Now, they read as follows:

Power Stone 1.1:
Helps Uncommon (Green or lower) up to 4
Power Stone 1.2:
Helps Uncommon (Green) up to 4 with greater chance
Power Stone 2.1:
Helps Rare (Blue) up to 6
2.2:
Blue up to 6 greater chances
3.1:
Up to Epic, 9
4:1/2
Up to Heroic, 12
5.1:
Up to Heroic, 14

And I'm guessing 6.1/2 is Up to Legendary, to 15.

(In other words, if the new flavor text is true, that means be careful what stones you use, although it's pretty easy to get [5]-[6] just on gold alone).  


ty for the info all i needed to know and more

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
Joined
20 Jan 2013
Posts
310
Location
Germany
PostedFeb 27, 2013 6:31 am
Rekikyo wrote:

...
What I said was in reference to the tick damage; the numbers you are listing are derived from the skill base additions (the skills do not describe how much they actually add for tick damage).
 


Ok. Would be nice to see formula for "tick" damage (poison's damage per second).
584 Magic Attack.

Rekikyo wrote:

I'm pretty sure Poison Arrow's Base tick is 32, and Poison Cloud's Base tick is 54 (at lv3, they do 22 points difference in damage).
 


May be I did not get it... but as I wrote:
Poison Arrow level 3 - Real damage: 48 per second (100% the same)
Poison Cloud level 3 - Real damage: 66 per second (stable - 100% the same)
48 + 22 = 70 not 66...

I think your formula would provide a reason... or "as usual" I did not get You again Very Happy


short update:
MAY BE "Poison Skill's Base" damage is 20%... about 1.5-2% comes from Guild Attack bonus?
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: