ljns

Rank 0
PostedFeb 26, 2013 1:34 am

account takeover

how long to resolve
I think my account has been stolen. I just turned in a rt. How long does it take to resolve when these problems are encountered?
Advertisement

lollypopfish

Rank 3
lollypopfish
PostedFeb 26, 2013 1:56 am
RT's are usually responded to within 48 hours of sending one in. But lately the GM's have been responding a lot quicker than that.

Other than that, If you follow all necessary steps required to get the account back, it wont take very long.

Good luck on getting your account back.

xyoojk

Rank 1
xyoojk
PostedFeb 26, 2013 2:01 am
A similar incident happened with my brother.

He logged in one day to find a char pass lock he did not set. He changed his password and sent in an RT. Took about a day to respond. They banned his account and emailed him a questionnaire to fill out and asked for a new email to assign his account.

He got his account back, but I don't know how he got hacked. Only lost a few MFIs, good thing he was already poor.

Baden8572

Rank 1
PostedFeb 26, 2013 2:08 am

Re: account takeover

how long to resolve
ljns wrote:
I think my account has been stolen. I just turned in a rt. How long does it take to resolve when these problems are encountered?  

Just a thought, but are you sure you didn't just type your username/password incorrectly?

ljns

Rank 0
PostedFeb 26, 2013 3:12 am

Re: account takeover

how long to resolve
Baden8572 wrote:
ljns wrote:

Just a thought, but are you sure you didn't just type your username/password incorrectly?  

No i tried more then one time and the account on both the web and game is not working. I am using the right password and it is typed in right.

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedFeb 26, 2013 3:27 am
yeah, they'll send you a questionnaire; fill it out as best you can. the whole process takes about 2-4 days all told (depending on how quick the initial response is). change passwords on any other gaming accounts that you may have elsewhere as well.