okpensfan

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2013 2:50 pm

GVG Suggestion for Improvement

I got to thinking today - every GvG matchup my guild has been involved with in the last few events have been lopsided mismatches - sometimes in our favor sometimes not. Made me start thinking about why this happens.

Each event, we start out matched up against defunct or non-playing guilds. If you run up a half decent score, you get matched against someone who is way higher tier than you and you get stomped and you just ride the see-saw to the end. I'm sure the top guilds probably don't have this problem, but this is a real problem for us mid-tier folks and discourages participation.

I think an improvement would be to add a guild registration to GvG events. Each guild would need to register to participate in advance (with the added benefit that we'd get better advance notice of events). Guild that don't register don't get matched up.

This would eliminate matchups against guilds that aren't really playing, give more realistic scores, eliminate some of the daily mismatches and provide daily battles that are more even and imho, more fun.
Advertisement

bgerardj87

Rank 0
PostedFeb 24, 2013 6:04 pm

improvements

For starters you can get rid of dark busters. Get rid of damage caps. And make the guild prizes better then dark pts. It's more of a incentive to join guilds and play. Plus the top tier players need competition.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

okpensfan

Rank 0
PostedFeb 25, 2013 11:46 am
I'm not sure why we would want to get rid of darkbusters. I think its fun when some random monster you've been keeping suddenly becomes important.

As for guild registration, as a lark, I went and looked in on the first guild I ever joined. Most of them haven't played since last July, the few of us who were active moved on and no one from that guild has done anything since last October.

A matchup with a guild like that throws everything off.An active guild can run up a high score and for their troubles, they get matched with someone too strong the next day. So you go from one mismatch to the next.

There's a valid point to be made about prizes. The current prize structure encourages one man guilds. When there are too many good players in a guild, they compete with each other for the points. I can score more and get better prizes by myself than with a good guild (except a guild ranked 1 or 2).

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedFeb 25, 2013 4:06 pm
Next time you can post your suggestion located here in this thread http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1576207

or send it to mobilehelp@aeriagames.com Those would be the best two ways for them to keep track of it more easily for future use.