robertghuff

Rank 0
robertghuff
PostedFeb 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Questions regarding Arcane Box

Just discovered the Arcane Box feature today, and had a few questions about it.

1) Some of my Blues cant be reforged/fused with other blue items. Is there some kind of restriction? I'm thinking it's gear acquired via quests, but I'm not 100% sure.

2) Can you fuse Green items into a blue one?

Thank you. Smile
Advertisement

Spongeycashew

Rank 2
Spongeycashew
PostedFeb 23, 2013 11:39 pm
Hello!
1) The items that can't be reforged will have a "Unique" in their item description window. This means their stats are set and cannot be changed, so they cannot be reforged/fused.

2)You can fuse 5 green(as in alpha) costumes into 1 blue(prime)item. However, you can't fuse green items into blue items, in terms of weapons/gear.

Hope that answers your questions!

Zyrwolf

Rank 0
Zyrwolf
PostedFeb 23, 2013 11:40 pm
Hello!

1) Yep, You are right about this. Specific gears that have their own "name" can't be used for the Arcane Box. Like the Quest Reward ones, or the Boss Drops " *Insert Boss Name*'s Katana " <--- Can't be used with AB (Arcane box)

2) Yes, as long as you use the same type and same level range of green items to fuse into blue ones.

EDIITTT!!!!

DRATS Spongey beat me to posting by 1 minute! DX

robertghuff

Rank 0
robertghuff
PostedFeb 24, 2013 12:01 am
Thank you both for the swift reply. I forgot to ask, does reforging wipe your Gear Upgrade level? I'm assuming fusing does.

I actually got all the way to 63 before I realized what the Gear Upgrade system was. I feel like an idiot. :p So many random systems. I haven't even crafted anything yet.

I'm creeping up on level cap. ¬_¬ Any tips for gear at max level? What do most people do?

Spongeycashew

Rank 2
Spongeycashew
PostedFeb 24, 2013 12:30 am
yes, reforging wipes your gear upgrade.

And gear for max level really depends on your class. Most people go for the awakened weapons at lv65, but the lv75 gold weapons are better than the lv65 ones. Gear, for super OP people, they would use the lv65 yellow set, however the lv63 orange sets can tide you over pretty well.

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedFeb 24, 2013 6:25 am
Spongeycashew wrote:
Gear, for super OP people, they would use the lv65 yellow set, however the lv63 orange sets can tide you over pretty well.  

At cap people use lvl 70 Awakened sets, 73 sets are okeish till 75 yellow comes out or they use 70 yellow sets that are not able to be awakened.
For your lvl id say if you have an orange set keep it till 68/70 for awakened set, if you dont have an orange armor yet get the 63 one i guess. Not much use to invest gold in the 65 yellows when the awakened sets are mostly alot better and last also at 75.

robertghuff

Rank 0
robertghuff
PostedFeb 24, 2013 9:44 am
The only "orange" piece I've owned to date has been a cheap shield I bought off the AH, which I only got because of how insanely fast durability drops on a shield. Other than that, I've been getting by on quest blues and limited dungeon drops.

I don't honestly have a clue how I would go about obtaining Awakened Armor or Yellow pieces. Razz I don't expect to get this explained to me, it's a noob question. I'll figure it out. I just haven't had any need for it so far.

I'm assuming this level of gear is needed for running more difficult content then what I'm leveling with. As it stands my Templar can destroy gargantuan sized packs of mobs in blue gear. Just this morning I had to tank the majority of Skleros's dungeon trying to run past those lvl 75 Pitchfire Demon's that are bugged. (Side note, Survival Scream is beyond absurd).

But I'm getting close to level cap so I need to actually learn about this stuff (IE: orange gear, medals, playing with others, etc). ¬.¬

Spongeycashew

Rank 2
Spongeycashew
PostedFeb 24, 2013 11:12 am
To craft yellow gear, you need the orange version of the gear first. You can craft it yourself in a guild town or buy it off a player, or get it from a fame shop. Yellow gear bps are usually acquired from the arena merchants or from trials. Awakened armour will be the same as awakened weapons, you need Curia Fame, and you can buy the book to start your quest to awakening your armour.

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 24, 2013 2:45 pm
robertghuff wrote:
The only "orange" piece I've owned to date has been a cheap shield I bought off the AH, which I only got because of how insanely fast durability drops on a shield. Other than that, I've been getting by on quest blues and limited dungeon drops.

I don't honestly have a clue how I would go about obtaining Awakened Armor or Yellow pieces. Razz I don't expect to get this explained to me, it's a noob question. I'll figure it out. I just haven't had any need for it so far.

I'm assuming this level of gear is needed for running more difficult content then what I'm leveling with. As it stands my Templar can destroy gargantuan sized packs of mobs in blue gear. Just this morning I had to tank the majority of Skleros's dungeon trying to run past those lvl 75 Pitchfire Demon's that are bugged. (Side note, Survival Scream is beyond absurd).

But I'm getting close to level cap so I need to actually learn about this stuff (IE: orange gear, medals, playing with others, etc). ¬.¬  

Well, free Blue gear does fit Templar well and generally has higher defense stats than Orange gear. Orange/Yellow rank armor tend to be better overall since they come with set bonuses that increase your stats other than Defense by a lot, and Defense can still be capped with decent fortification and a good shield. They also have more specialized core stat distributions and are totally non-random. They can also hold more gems than Blue gear can.

Personally, I'm using the 73 dps heavy armor orange set for Samurai until level 80 cap comes out because the difference between the orange and yellow sets are almost negligible besides defense and Crit Dmg, but this particular 73 set has a bonus for +10% Crit Dmg and that more than takes me over the cap. If it was only a matter of cost, I'd be tempted to go for the Yellow set when it comes out, but I hate durability on armor, and Orange loses its infinite durability when upgraded. As for Light Armor, I'm working on the Awakened set for physical dps. Awakened sets have doubled the set bonus stats of the Yellow counterparts and each has an additional bonus stat of the same caliber. For example, the Awakened Light Armor set has +206 Atk Speed the Yellow didn't, but is comparable to the +206 Crit Rate bonus that is doubled from the Yellow's +103 Crit Rate.

As for weapons, every class but Templar enjoys Awakened or regular Yellow weapons. Templar has a good choice for the level 70 M-Crit Mace this time around, but some people prefer a nice Purple Mace with M-Crit Dmg since it's hard to obtain M-Crit Dmg on Templar; it is a big help.

alexrivera26

Rank 1
PostedMar 02, 2013 12:36 am
You can actually use Reforge to make Purple Gear/Weapons but it's random. I got all my purples that way trying to get the best Prefixes with at least 5 slots.

Fusing 5 pieces of blue into 1 purple is 15% rate and a lot of Coral. I'll stick with the amber and saved slot space for more important things. Hehe.