katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 21, 2013 1:06 am

Level 72 Samurai Skill

Not impressed
Alright, at level 72, it raises P-Atk by a bit over 2k and uses more MP than Asura Slash which raises P-Atk by 4k and does 225% damage after Purgatory. Sure, it's easy to use, but is anybody else . . . underwhelmed by this new skill?

Advertisement

gcxu

Rank 0
PostedFeb 21, 2013 11:04 am
I give it 10 pts for animation and 2 pts for functionality.

It's like a flasher/bigger version of fury hurt =\. What do aeria... Samurai need some god dam crowd control.

AND devs still haven't fix the green certs combo. They fixed the purples...good job. Now fix the greens!

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 21, 2013 6:31 pm
gcxu wrote:
I give it 10 pts for animation and 2 pts for functionality.

It's like a flasher/bigger version of fury hurt =\. What do aeria... Samurai need some god dam crowd control.

AND devs still haven't fix the green certs combo. They fixed the purples...good job. Now fix the greens!  

Yeah, I agree on both accounts. It looks pretty awesome so I'm tempted to use it . . . but I just end up taking more damage in Limited than I used to.

And my P-Atk is the same as before. Where's the epic boost?

magnusbear

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2013 9:23 pm
meh...x-legend just troll samurai.

no cc

weak lvl 72 skill

no awakened armor (unless you take a huge dps output nerf and use fame set)

on 60/65 katana drops in dgn...

guess they want everyone playing mage/cleric

But on the bright side, I got around their samu hates before and will do again

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 23, 2013 9:38 pm
magnusbear wrote:
meh...x-legend just troll samurai.

no cc

weak lvl 72 skill

no awakened armor (unless you take a huge dps output nerf and use fame set)

on 60/65 katana drops in dgn...

guess they want everyone playing mage/cleric

But on the bright side, I got around their samu hates before and will do again  

I'm starting to get used to the 72 skill. If for nothing else, it's great for pulling stuff and has a shorter cooldown compared to Blade Dancer's flame bird thingy AoE but similar reach. Without Bard support, I suppose they're fairly similar . . . but it doesn't change the fact that I spent about an hour and a half farming for that skill since I didn't have access to the 73 quest line that gives the second trio of 1000 medals.

gcxu

Rank 0
PostedFeb 25, 2013 6:19 pm
mm currently I am going to change from awaken katana to 75 purple katana. Yes I am giving up that nice 20% asura and purg bonus, BUT... if my calculation is correct... with scaling of katana bonus and so on... I should go from 60k base patk to around 75k or so (give or take more of less).

This in turns makes the 72 skill not TOO bad. I'm expecting that tiny 20-25k crit hit to jump to around 30k hit. Making it a nice finishing slash in between your purg and asura cooldown.

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 26, 2013 7:43 am
I'm going to hold onto what I have until the next Awakening comes out. I'm way too poor to afford fortifications for too many weapons.

gcxu

Rank 0
PostedFeb 26, 2013 2:19 pm
I do believe sapphire's economy is better than diamond, so I don't see why you wouldn't go for it. Currently, FNO doesn't have 75 awakens, nor do we know exactly the date they will get it. FNO content takes about 4-5 months to get to us... so no point in stick with 65 awakens when you can dominate much better with 75 purple for the next predictable 5-6 months

Not to mention, we don't even have 75 trials yet and I doubt we would get it within the next few weeks. No 75 trials, no 75 gold, no 75 awakens. So a few weeks of work to dominate for a couple of months... seems like a good deal.

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 26, 2013 5:29 pm
So, my budget is about 700G. I don't have time to run every day, so I'm stuck with about 200-360G every day from Limited until Spring Break comes around.

If I could foritfy, I'd probably end up doing it for my armor sets anyway because I'm planning to use my Awakened Light Armor through 75 cap.