ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedFeb 17, 2013 9:03 pm
pervddl wrote:
One simple question:
Why the h**l we need a heavy loading js bar with chat if each forum has it's own shoutbox which works the same and even better since you talk with who are playing the same game. Or just go on forum main and chat there.  

Because shout box is clearly not personal/private.

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms. Member of the AVA community for 5 years
Advertisement

mexmer

Rank 4
mexmer
PostedFeb 21, 2013 3:51 am
ramsisthe3rd wrote:
pervddl wrote:
One simple question:
Why the h**l we need a heavy loading js bar with chat if each forum has it's own shoutbox which works the same and even better since you talk with who are playing the same game. Or just go on forum main and chat there.  

most people use IM of any kind (icq, skype, jabber, gtalk, and so on) for private conversation anyway, so these chatlike toolbars are more annoyance and redundant than anything usefull. that's why most people have it turned off.

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedFeb 21, 2013 4:29 am
well if its can be used in forums its would be nice...

lul the only that have YIM is gs.

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedFeb 22, 2013 9:02 am
mexmer wrote:
ramsisthe3rd wrote:
pervddl wrote:
One simple question:

most people use IM of any kind (icq, skype, jabber, gtalk, and so on) for private conversation anyway, so these chatlike toolbars are more annoyance and redundant than anything usefull. that's why most people have it turned off.  

Meebo was good because you could contact people which you have only as "game" buddy without need to give them personal contact (like skype or gtalk), only thing they needed was your account forum which is public anyway.

It was just perfect for ingame transactions.

I would love to have the chance to integrate meebo in an external multiaccount client like pidgin or trillian (that I use yet for my yim, skype, gtalk and facebook contacts).

ghostcannon

Rank 5
ghostcannon
PostedFeb 22, 2013 10:52 am
I use meebo only when people contact me through it. It is a nice way to keep a communication privately within the site. I can only see Meebo on the Aeriagames.com main, but disappears when browsing through the forums sections and it used to work before on all sections of the forums. It would be more of a benefit for everyone if meebo could work like the Shoutbox is currently configured where you can bring it outside and browse the forums without interruptions.

Credit to [GS]Abso for the Siggy

mongeru

Rank 2
PostedFeb 22, 2013 12:43 pm
Meebo used to have an external web based interface that let you also use YIM and Gchat and everything else with it.

Meebo itself is a jabber system, just like Gchat, so if you could get the requisite information you could easily add it to a multi-client like psi or pidgin. Of course, you'd have to get either Aeria or Google to pony up that information. That's unlikely to happen because then you wouldn't need to use the bar and they'd lose out on the ad revenue.

Signature by Yurisaki Mongu.JZ1 of Wu

kittymix

Rank 3
kittymix
PostedMar 16, 2013 6:34 am
I use meebo to talk to my aeria friends who have it on but problem is it logs me in moment I open the browser without asking me because I may get stuck talking to someone for an hour then forget my irl stuff lool.

doc002212331

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 5:17 am

фыв

фыв
Суки вы пидарасы гребоные идите хуй сосите