RaveItUpRETURNS

Rank 1
RaveItUpRETURNS
PostedFeb 18, 2013 11:41 am

ANOTHER Laptop Vs Ps3

What should i get??
Long story short what should i buy on thursday?

I have 2 options

PS3,Another acer laptop.

I don't know what to do.I need more gigs at the same time i want to go back to true gaming.
I had a gamecube,ps2,gameboy,ect as a little kid.Then later i fell in love with computers after i realized what they could do.Btw the 2nd acer is for gaming like my original.I ripped myself away from the gaming life for a while to spend some time with computers.I love them both equally.What should i do?

~ E t e r n a l R e t u r n ~
Advertisement

Ciuvaz115

Rank 1
PostedFeb 18, 2013 12:10 pm
Another better-than-you-already-have laptop.

Isnt ps4 coming out soon anyway (release is about 7 months away)?

After it comes out, no one will care about ps3 anymore.

So I can propose another option, lol - ps4.

mrdolphin

Rank 2
PostedFeb 18, 2013 9:21 pm
Ciuvaz115 wrote:
Another better-than-you-already-have laptop.

Isnt ps4 coming out soon anyway (release is about 7 months away)?

After it comes out, no one will care about ps3 anymore.

So I can propose another option, lol - ps4.  

Depends on what kind of gamer the OP is. A smart one. A rich one. A hardcore one. Something else. Both. All the above. None..ok you get the point.

I personally would NEVER buy a console on release. First, there's usually not a lot of launch titles that I usually like (usually movie crossover titles, garbage ports). Second, you'll be buying it at its highest price. Third, you also are buying the first edition of the hardware aka possible issues. I usually wait for the 2nd price cut as well as possibly hardware upgrades.

How I see it is, do you really want to game on the laptop? Laptops with decent graphics card are much much more expensive than whatever the PS4 will ever be. It'll be at least 1k (and this is a low number Im pulling out of the air). Depending on the games you want to play on the computer, geting a laptop with integrated graphics can be useless if meant for gaming. Also consider what other games you'd like to play in the foreseeable future too, making graphics cards a pain to deal with when gaming on a laptop and not a desktop.

If you haven't had a current gen console (Wii, PS3, 360), a PS3 is the better choice for gaming than the laptop. The PS3 will be decently priced with enough games to last you for a while. Some sites I've seen said there's going to be a bit more price decrease on PS3 due to the PS4 coming out Plus, some games would be cheaper as they are greatest hits games. Are you serious about being a hardcore gamer or is this going to be a hobby?

Those are my opinions. Rest is up to you on how much money you plan on spending. Whatever you choose, good luck and hope you the best Smile.

Lvl 7X <br> Warrior(DPS)/Thief/MA/BD/Samurai/Ranger/Engi <br> <a>YT channel</a>

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedFeb 19, 2013 9:32 am
Go with a decent gaming laptop/PC that could play today's games on high settings. Next generation is releasing soon and you'll want to play the next gen games on your laptop/pc. Besides, PC is much better than consoles for hardcore gaming. (and by that I don't mean MMOs and stuff, I mean actual games.)

xkureix

Rank 3
xkureix
PostedFeb 19, 2013 6:02 pm
I will choose laptop more than ps.

hawaindan

Rank 0
hawaindan
PostedFeb 20, 2013 3:18 pm
laptop Laughing

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedFeb 20, 2013 10:51 pm
I'm a non-console gamer so I'd go the laptop. But I'd get something other than Acer, and I'd get a laptop that will be able to play games for sometime. This means spending a fair amount of $$$. Just getting the cheapie laptop that you have the cash for today will be a laptop that might play most games out now decently, but will have issues with games in the next few years. A good quality mid range laptop should do fine, you shouldn't have to go get a gaming laptop to play games. But a low end system will be outdated/need updating quickly.

You get what you pay for, so if you do go laptop; spend the couple extra hundred $$$ and get a good mid range system as opposed to the cheapie low end one. You'll be happier with the gaming experience when you're not lagging out due to insufficient processor power and/or low memory.

broken415

Rank 4
broken415
PostedFeb 20, 2013 10:55 pm
laptop o.o

Retired

Zaebja

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
Zaebja
PostedFeb 21, 2013 12:30 am
Save for that ps4 [;

IGN: Zaebja <Curse> | Whipper Guide Soon to be Edited